“Stylish accomodation”

The Twelve Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barna
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Stayed for one night at this quaint hotel just outside Galway. Staff were very welcoming and the hotel met our expectations. Didn't eat breakfast there but did enjoy a lovely meal in the restaurant downstairs. After the horiffic traffic getting into Galway, this hotel was a welcome oasis.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 5, 2010

If you are considering a tri[p to Galway I can only recommend one place to stay as it is simply the most incredible hotel I have ever stayed in. It has a unique feel and the staff are superb and all vey professional. The rooms are of the highest standard and you will want your stay to go on and on. The food and wine are mind blowing and it is set in the most pictureseque village in Galway on the steps of the wilds of Connemara. all I can say is go there relax and experience Ireland at its best.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patters67
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Great hotel, I loved its funkiness. Will def go back again, which is unusual for me as I normally prefer to try new places each time. The room was great, the bed was huge and comfy. The lights in the bathroom were a cool feature. We arrived late and the kitchen thankfully made us last minute pizzas - some of the tastiest I've ever had!! Would go back for those alone :-) The welcome card and goodies were well received too. Loved the small touches - like champagne glasses already in the room. Or the bottle opener..the handy little mirror...the robes etc.
Overall had a really great stay - check it out, you won't regret it!!

1  Thank CB2010
Reviewed December 21, 2009

We stayed at The Twelve in order to get together with our foodie friends in Galway. They had been raving so much about the restaurant -West - that we had to come down and see for ourselves. Thet were right. We had tried to book their Chef's table but we needed a larger party, so we choose from the a la carte menu. The food was amazing and great value.
But to the hotel itself - This is a beautiful place, very well dessigned and a little quirky IN A LOVLY WAY. From the moment we arrived we knew it was going to be special. The room had a massive cocktail bar, two tvs and beautiful wooden floors. At first, I wanted more heat in my room and it seemed to get colder. This was quickly corrected by the staff. (I had switched on air conditioning) -The controls could be more user friendly. This was however, my only little complaint over the two and a half days we stayed. In the afternoon, I had a fab seaweed bath which included scented candels and very apt mood lights in the bathroom. - A lovely idea and an inexpensive way to treat myself. Hubby enjoyed the atmosphere of the bar which was packed with locals watching Munster win again.

The food throughout was superb in the bar as was the breakfasts. Even when leaving we were touched by how lovely the staff were. Overall, a true gem with wonderful staff attention in a very relaxed way. We both loved this hotel and we will return at every opportunity.

1  Thank tmurphys
Reviewed December 17, 2009

My wife and I spent a few nights here... taking advantage of the Summer of 69 special and got upgraded to a suite. Top notch layout, quiet rooms, great shower, nice TVs w/ DVD. Food at the Pins (bar) was great, but didn't get to eat at West since it was closed the nights we were there. However we can only imagine how good it would be based on the bar's food. Staff was nice and helpful, when needed.
Only improvement I would look for is Wi-Fi in the rooms.

1  Thank RK_Allenbach
Reviewed November 23, 2009

This hotel has everything the leisure traveller is looking for, style, comfort, good food but above all the staff and management are superb. Connor the manager on duty is one of the best i have every come across, no task was too small for this man. He seemed to work morning, noon and night and in every department, he served me pints in the bar dinner in the restaurant , he changed a bulb in my room and checked me out on sunday morning and constantly in good form . Good staff like this are hard to find i have my own business and would love somebody like this on my team. on another note colm in the pinns bar was also excellent . The west restaurant was outstanding as was o gradys across the road . Will definately be back to the twelve

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We decided to stay one night on route to Ballinahinch Castle and our stay was so perfect! We arrived to find that we had been upgraded to a beautiful suite with a huge sitting room and cocktail bar, so cool! All we kept saying to each other was what a shame we were only staying the one night....
We had the wonderful tapas in the bar which we had read about previously in the media and the service was friendly and very helpful.
We had a walk around Barna afterwards and had a lovely drink at the bar across the road. Very nice ladies clothes/shoe store up the road a little so check that out too (like I did!!)
We had arranged to eat at O Gradys on the Pier for dinner and that was as expected, super.
The bar at the Twelve was really buzzing when we got back and we eventually pulled ourselves away around midnight.
We had no problem with the noise in our room (as previously mentioned by another reviewer) and our room was facing the main road. We slept really well.
Breakfast was calm and well staffed. Wonderful food again.
The Twelve is simply superb and if I was to visit Galway again I would drive straight through and stay in Barna. There is not a hotel like it in the area and we will definitely be returning. Barna is charming and has everything you need.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paws2paws
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barna
Park House Hotel
#5 of 46 in Galway
Glenlo Abbey Hotel
Glenlo Abbey Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bushypark

Been to The Twelve Hotel? Share your experiences!