“Not what I expected”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Galway, Ireland
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Great location and convenient for my travels that day. Room was quiet. Wifi awful, thank god I didn't need it. Bar and breakfast service polite and friendly. Don't like the reception area. Bathroom was a bit shabby, not impressed. I expected more at the Twelve.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank June166
thepins12, Owner at The Twelve Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear June,
Thank you for taking the time to.review us. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed everything despite some minor issues.

We have always offered free wi fi to our guests and have recently spent considerably in up grading the infra structure of this service. I will follow up to see why you would have had a problem with it.

And yes, the lobby is a matter of personal taste. We are very much a boutique, designer led property with a tremendous focus on Seasonal, Local, Organic, Wild food in our two award restaurants.

We would hope to exceed the majority of our guests' expectations. June, I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet yours. I do hope that you will consider us again on your next visit.

Very best wishes,
Fergus and Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Having stayed here previously,I had forgotten what a gem this Hotel is until tonight. I dropped in after a drive for something to eat with my elderly Mother who has v limited mobility and dietary restrictions. The staff went out of their way to extend a warm welcome and accommodate our every and special needs.They were so patient and caring. Dominic was particularly good!
The food, service, ambiance, and value was exceptional. A really great experience. Don't hesitate to check it out- a real treat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ireland
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed in The Twelve for one night last Sunday. The hotel is good but the experience was not without its faults. It may have been due to the room we were allocated.

We were in room 1263 which was a nice size and comfortably decorated, although there are signs of age in the bathroom with chipped wood on the bath and door. Also, one of the bath towels was very worn with age.

Main problems were with sleeping - firstly, the bed was two singles put together but I got over that. More disruptive was due to the neighbouring room. There is a porch with wooden floors which adjoins the two rooms. From about 8.45am there was a lot of noise. Several people passing through. A hoover being dragged over the door cill, laughing, talking etc… I was hoping for a late sleep, and had been given a 1.00pm check-out, but this really interrupted it and was very annoying. I was hoping it would be brief so didn't call down but unfortunately it continued so I just got up. At this stage I was already awake.

On check out, I asked the receptionist about this and she told me that room 1264 is the spa and that there was training on that morning. She said she was sorry and that she would let the spa know. The trainees/teachers/cleaners were very loud and this room shouldn't have been sold if there was an event happing next door very early the next day.

Aside from that the hotel is lovely, but I really wanted to sleep in.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roholo
thepins12, Owner at The Twelve Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Roholo,
Thank you again for staying and for your overall very kind comments. I have p.m. you to personally apologise for the disturbance you encountered in the morning. This should not have happened and again I would like to apologise on behalf of our entire team at The Twelve.

Please do make it a point to return as I can assure you that there will never be a repeat of such an issue. I truly hope you will afford us the opportunity of proving thus.

With every good wish,
Fergus and all of the team at The Twelve
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 19, 2014

following a 2 night stay we were very impressed with the level of service, quality of the rooms and the food was amazing. They really value customers and will go out of their way to help. Only downside it is close to busy main Galway road but the upside is its a short stroll to the coast and only a 5 min drive from Galway and in a great location to spend a few days exploring Connemara. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed here in April/May of 2013 with 2 friends. I have nothing but good words to say about this hotel.
We were welcomed with a drink at reception and a very friendly receptionist who booked us into our rooms.
The room was huge and amazingly decorated. The bed was so comfortable, best nights sleep in a long time.
The food in the restaurant was beautiful and the waiting staff where very friendly and we had a great laugh with one of the waiters. Great selection of food and the best breakfast menu i have seen in a hotel.
This hotel definitely lives up to its expectations.
Exactly as advertised on their site. Not a spec of dust. Very well Maintained and staff are lovely and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reno NV
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Hotel room is spacious, very friendly service, the bath though big and pretty is not very functional, the sink as well as the bath have the facet in odd locations and the soap/shampoo/conditioner dispenser should be located on the other side or on the other wall if the tub. The Pins restaurant has wonderful food and service, and the morning breakfast is lovely. If you are stopping for more than one night I also recommend checking out Donnelly's bar and restaurant across the way.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Arrived for business & foyer area decor is great especially liked the horse statute and the lighting. On arrival to the room had a hand written note welcoming me, a chocolate covered strawberry and biscuit. Great touch. My room was large with desk, chairs large mirror. Clean and decor again was good. The bathroom had changing coloured lights. Bed and pillows comfortable. We ate in the bar and my colleague dinner of fish was apparently very good. I am a vegetarian on a diet there was only one veg option and of course lots of pizzas which looked lovely but not suitable for my weight loss diet. Would like to see more vegetarian options. Service in bar area was slow, but staff friendly so didn't bother us to much. Breakfast was great. Would use again. Only downside was the wifi in the room and in part of the bar very weak which was annoying as needed it for work. Would recommend.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank soliver1976
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barna
Galway Bay Hotel
#8 of 46 in Galway
Salthill Hotel
Salthill Hotel
#4 of 46 in Galway

Been to The Twelve Hotel? Share your experiences!