“Lovely hotel”

The Twelve Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barna
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night with my friend. We were upgraded to a suite which was a big treat.
The room was huge and luxurious.
We ate in The West restaurant and the food was delicious and the service was perfect.

The only thing That I didn't like was that there was a TV blaring in the bar with a rugby match on. Not what I want in a top class hotel!!
Also for some unknown reason the stairs that led down to the toilets was closed off and it appeared that the only toilet available was the disabled one which was being used by someone taking a very long time! I had to make a mad dash back to our room. I wasn't impressed by that.

Overall a very good experience though.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,776)

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I have to say I was more than impressed with my stay at the twelve. Myself and my girlfriend massively needed a relaxing time and thats what they provided!

We only stayed for the two nights but I am definitely going to be going back. The staff were all really helpful, polite and generally friendly, and made us feel well looked after. The room itself was a pretty standard size, done to a high standard.

The location is a little out of the way, but its easy enough to get to Galway, and being out of the centre the Twelve was in a really chilled out location.

For foodies, you have to go to the West restaurant at the Twelve. Look out for Mathieu who works there, he took care of us all night, recommending fantastic wines to go along with our dinner. Just a short walk down the road as well is a Seafood restaurant called O'Gradys, you have to check it out!

10 out of 10 from me.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at The Twelve on Monday 21st October as we were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary.On arrival the receptionist was very friendly and helpful and unknown to us we had been upgraded to a suite by our family what a lovely surprise!
We had a lovely chill out time at The Twelve and all staff we came across were extremely polite and professional.We had a very enjoyable meal that evening and we couldn't believe how busy it was for a Monday evening which created a great buzz we heard later it down to graduations locally.We had a very enjoyable stay and our breakfast was lovely.Keep up the good work we'll be back

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michael joseph m
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Twelve Hotel seriously lets the Twelve Restaurant down. Food and service in the restaurant, including the breakfast, is really excellent. The staff are very good. Regretfully, the bedrooms leave room for improvement. The decor is worn and the room was cold/damp. The bathroom door was sticking to the floor. Could certainly do better.

Room Tip: In winter ask for the heating to be on before you arrive.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John M
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Our stay at The Twelve Hotel was perfect. My partner and I (and our dog) stayed for 3 nights in October. It was a surprise 30th birthday present from my partner. The hotel has a unique sense of character and the rooms are spacious and very high end. Having our dog with us made the stay even more special and being able to have him stay in our room was much better than worrying about him in the car overnight. The food in West was first class and all the staff throughout the hotel couldn't be more helpful. We honestly can't wait to stay again in the near future.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms are individually designed, do your research to see which room you want most ;-) A...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank neildalzell
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This place is a gem. The staff are really friendly and well turned out. They have the nicest uniforms I've seen in any food service business (something I suppose shouldn't matter but it does somehow). The food is really something special but the portions are a little small. In term of presentation and flavour it was top notch but I was left feeling hungry and I'm quite a light eater. I will be definitely going back. All considered it was a very enjoyable meal.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel hav been way over my expectations. I've been here for a business trip as I had to visit a customer here in Galway and I couldn't ask for more. Rooms are big, quiet and really great looking. Breakfast was just perfect and the food served at the restaurant... well that's something you want to try! Way to go Hotel Twelve!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barna
Park House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bushypark
Clybaun Hotel
Clybaun Hotel
#6 of 46 in Galway

Been to The Twelve Hotel? Share your experiences!