“Loved it!!!”

The Twelve Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barna
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel is in nice and quiet location, close to the beach. We stayed there Saturday and Sunday night with 12yrs old kid. We found that the staff was very friendly and attentive, from the time I made a reservation to the time we left we were treated in friendly and professional manner. Early arrival was not a problem. We had dinner in West restaurant and loved it, my husband said that in his book it was best dinner he had in a long time. The breakfast was great, with nice selection of hot choices, not only standard Irish Breakfast but also french toast and pancakes etc. We were very comfortable during our stay, would recomend the hotel. The staffs attitude and friendliness makes it really special place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Magdalena M

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We went here recently to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we really enjoyed our stay. The staff were extremely friendly and we will def return again. Small touches like a personalized cake in our suite on arrival and congrats card from the staff to a complimentary carry out coffee for the trip home made our stay so enjoyable! The West restaurant served delicious food and the breakfast menu was really extensive- have the eggs Benedict.Thanks to all the staff and to my wonderful hubby for such a great weekend!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chappy3
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Hotel is Situated in the Picturesque Village of Barna, and Minutes walk form the Beach,
We arrived on a Sunday afternoon, We were checked into our Room early, Our Room was spacious, with balcony and Features , such as, Comfortable furniture, filtered coffee,
luxury toiletries, and stocked mini bar,

unfortunately there was few things missing in the room, i.e , hand soap dispenser broken in the bathroom, items missing from minibar, but we got over that. The Room was slightly shabby and could have done with a touch of paint in a few places, but overall it was pleasant.
Breakfast was served in the bar area, with an extensive menu to choose from,

Our check out was prompt and efficient and we would definately reccommend this Hotel , as a lovely place to stay

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

After a very long flight, we arrived by car. The misty rain of Ireland had posed some real challenges as we were bleary-eyed and plain exhausted! We arrived at The Twelve and was greeted very pleasantly by a lovely young woman who offered us a delicously cool tea drink. We went up a very tiny elevator to our room. I know I was tired, fatigued and exhausted; however our room needed much TLC as well. Looking beyond the fact that the walls needed a new paint job and the curtains were a bit dated, this funky hotel was a welcoming balm. The bathroom was the most dazzling room ever that offered mood lights to decompress what ails ya! However I did not like the industrial-like bottles of shampoo, body wash and conditioner offered that way and how they were placed, especially when the products were top-notch refreshing and amazing! Our room was dimly lit and that annoyed me as I really like to read before retiring for the night. Our beds were comfortable and the linen was cool and fresh. There was a cookie that welcomed us, which was a thoughtful gesture and yummy! The next morning we were delighted by a real hearty and filling Irish breakfast and buffet. Countless choices and mouth watering pastries awaited us! Colm , the maitre'd went out of his way to do anything that you request. A nice touch! Overall, we had a nice visit in the area of Ireland. The hotel did meet our needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road. Our room on the outside wall and was noisy due to traffic!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

this is a spa like place that is newer and more like an American style hotel. It was a bit off the beaten path, but we could not find a room in the town of Gallway. The food was good, but the fancy restaurant was very expensive with odd choices on the menu so we ate downstairs. I had problems with the perfume smell in the room setting off my asthma. We left the window open 24/7 for the three nights we were there and it still smelled when we checked out even though we asked them to not use perfume cleaners, and on the second day asked them not to go in the room at all. The front desk was very helpful and welcoming. If you plan to stay in the area schedule your Irish music/dance show before you arrive. It is only done Sun. to Thurs. and sells out. They offered us a room with a walk in shower but it smelled like cigarette smoke so we stayed where we were. Too bad I would have loved the walk in shower.

Room Tip: Plan ahead since you are out away from things. Tours pick up and drop off at the hotel. It is not...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My Girlfriend surprised me with the Twelve and the Hotel surprised her with the "super extra+++ service". The Twelve couldn't do enough for her. She had been communicating with the hotel while I was driving us to Barna from Dublin and the whole time I thought see was on Facebook. The hotel had arranged a few bits and pieces along with a cake which was also really good (apparently they have a bakery there too and going by the cake I definitely recommend it). They even done other little bits that she didn't ask for like a birthday card and when we were in the 'West' restaurant they brought out my desert with a candle in it, I just couldn't believe it. How did they know? I've never seen anywhere communicate like that for something so trivial as a birthday. The food was amazing too, although how could it not be with service like that. I'm going again to Book for my girlfriend this time. Please don't judge my laziness.

Room Tip: My room was perfect, I had court yard view and I can't say I had heard a sound outside. as parki...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Cannot recommend The Twelve highly enough, from our first meeting with Fergus to the food tasting and the party, everything was perfect. The 'funnymoon' suite was gorgeous. The food was delicious, we opted for canapes but ate in the bar earlier too and it was so nice. The pizzas are yummy. The hotel itself is stunning and the staff are so helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eilis S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barna
Park House Hotel
#7 of 46 in Galway
Glenlo Abbey Hotel
Glenlo Abbey Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bushypark

Been to The Twelve Hotel? Share your experiences!