“Pleasant”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Been a few years since my last visit. The restaurant is clean and pleasant, but misses a certain spark or character. Had a filling meal and efficient service, but didn't feel particulary special.

1  Thank bertiewilbie

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I actually ate here about two years ago for my birthday and never reviewed it. I can't remember much but it was a lovely sunny evening. I ate with my boyfriend and mother and remember the food was very nice. The value was ok. I do remember though that the door was left open and I could feel the breeze. Other than that, it's a pleasant restaurant right beside the sea and pier.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

It was August 2011 when we ate here and we fancied seafood for lunch before heading further West. What a great find at the end of the Pier. My wife had salmon and I tried one of the local white fish - a really great meal . We had a downstairs window table and watched folk on the beach and the odd boat as we waited. Staff very friendly - interesting dining room - glad we found it (from a sign on the roadside). We will definitely return if we get back to this corner of the globe.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

To say this restaurant exceeded my expectations is an understatement- it blew them out of the water. The owner of the B&B we were staying at in Salthill recommended this place, so we decided to check it out. The food and service were fantastic and it was so personable. We were there the in late October of 2012 and had one of our best meals at O'Grady's (we were in Ireland for a little over a week). We had the pumpkin curry soup (I wish I could have somehow taken an entire pot of this back to the U.S. with me) and then we split 4 different entrees. The favorite of the table was the Sea Bass with chorizo. The other 3 dishes were very good as well- but this one we still talk about 3 months later! The wine list is extensive and restaurant is nice and cozy.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Everything about the restaurant was excellent, clean, friendly staff, ample room between tables, price acceptable for the wonderful tasting food