“Delicious food at a very reasonable price”
Review of Mulberry's - CLOSED

Mulberry's
Cuisines: European, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My partner and I decided to come here last minute and were very happy with our choice, There was a great atmosphere in the restaurant and it seemed to be fully booked. There were 2 sittings, ours at 8pm so we had the table for as long as we wanted. The menu had a €25 four course with supplements for some items - we chose crab claws and goats cheese salad to start. The were really well presented and tasted great. A lemon prosecco sorbet followed which was lovely & light. Then Surf n turf (pork belly & scallops) and plaice for mains. The plaice melted in my mouth and he really enjoyed his mains. We then had apple pie and a chocolate fondant for dessert both of which were delicious. All washed down with a lovely bottle of red wine and coffees for less than €100. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The customers were a mix of couples, families, and a 30th so it seems to suit all types. I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This review is based on their take out menu...fish goujons were terrible, the batter was shinny with grease & partially burned.. The chicken pollo main-course was completely tasteless, no taste of pesto at all..& the sih had about 2 sprigs of broccoli & with almost no chicken..the dish was bland & a complete rip off for what was got. After this experience I would never visit this restaurant to sit down and eat there. I hope I just got this on one of their 'off'/'bad' days.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Popped in here on a Sunday evening,the place was pretty quiet so no problem getting a table however a few more parties arrived as we were eating. We chose from the €25 4course menu which had plenty to offer, had a fish cake to start which was tasty with fresh flavoursome perhaps local produce. Then a prosecco sorbet arrived as a pallette cleanser. Our mains were seabass and tempura haddock both were plentiful and quickly served. The desserts were nice but maybe a little too much on the plate. Overall a nice meal tasty food,good value and prompt friendly service.

1  Thank Ralphy2128
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

ive been here several times with friends and it never fails to disappoint. the pollo is amazing...highly recommended. if i order this dish in other restaurants i always compare it to mulberrys and end up disappointed. the soups are beautiful and full of flavour. great selection on the menu. i hear there has been a couple changes to it recently but i look forward to trying out the new dishes i know the quality will still be excellant. great place for a date or a meal with friends. good service and atmosphere. love it!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The caretaker at our cottage rental recommended this place as a moderately priced place that offered very good food. It was initially a little difficult to find as it sets a bit off the road in a small plaza behind the SuperValu. The exterior looked quite nice and the interior was equally well done with a tasteful modern touch. We were seated promptly by a friendly and pleasant staff person. The wait person was very efficient and helpful with our selections. The menu had a strong Italian flare and was very appealing. But it featured somewhat expensive choices. Between the three of us, we ordered a baked chicken dish, risotto and prawn linguini. All of the dishes were very good and the presentations were superb. The portions were also very reasonable. The atmosphere was very pleasant providing an enjoyable and relaxing ambience for dinner. The only complaint I might have was that the prices appeared rather expensive by my standards (4 course dinner for 25 euro not including drink). I subsequently found out that these prices were not so elevated relative to the area. It seems Western Ireland was more expensive than I expected. As such, I would say that this restaurant is a good choice if the prices are OK for you.