“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING”

Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Barna
Cuisines: French, Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award winning Upstairs at WEST restaurant is located in beautiful Barna,Galway on The Wild Atlantic Way in one of the most luxurious boutique hotels, The Twelve. West features innovative dishes that highlight the region and the season's best ingredients. West holds 2 Culinay Rossetes and is noted as a pioneer of the local food movement. Just 10 minutes from Galway City, WEST is very much about wine. One of Ireland's most exciting collections is on display throughout and celebrity wine dinners are a regular feature. Sunday Brunch - #LazySundayAfternoonsWest a must! "Celebrate Food, Celebrate Wine, Celebrate Life"
Dublin, Ireland
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING”
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We stayed at The Twelve for New Year's Eve because we had heard and read so many good reports. We were blown away.The Service,atmosphere and food is amazing. We were both blown away and left vowing to speak in volumes about how wonderful this place is. If you love real food then you have to visit this place. The wine list is out of this world.

• Visited December 2010

eire
“Kids menu excellent choice”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Went there last March,we had duck and was ok but a bit dry ;the mangetout served wtih it was nicely cook but not top and tailed.
Kids menu is excellent lots to choose and very tasty.

dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real Class at Real Value”
Reviewed December 15, 2009

My husband and I consider ourselves true foodies. We have eaten in some of the finest restaurants the world over. Living in Dublin, we are spoilt for choice. I have to say that I will make a regular trip to West from now on. The journey is worth it. This place just ozzes class, but in an unpretentious way. The service is friendly and the decor is gorgeous, like the whole of the hotel it is situated in.

WE HAD 2 OTHER COUPLES JOIN US FOR DINNER AND WE ALL RAVED ABOUT THE COOKING.IiT IS QUIET INVENTITIVE BUT YET SIMPLE. THE VALUE WAS AMAZING WHEN ONE CONSIDERS WHAT WE WOULD HAVE PAID IN DUBLIN. They have a terrific winelist which has won many awards. The very best braised beef, homemade icecreams and their amazing tea selection is what I would recommend.

belfast
“not often open!”
Reviewed May 18, 2009

we were staying at twelve hotel last week, but couldn't get to eat at the restaurant because it's apparently only open thurs/ fri/ sat!

1 Thank lvjc2fromBelfast
TwelveHotelGalway, General Manager at West Restaurant, responded to this review, December 8, 2010
Dear guest,
I am sorry that you did not get to eat in The award winning West. during your stay. It was unfortunate that renovations were taking place. West has won numerous food and wine awards and our guests do arrive with very high expectations, thus it is imperative that we keep it looking fresh. Feedback from our guests dining in West is mainly left on The Twelve hotel's Trip Advisor profile and we are all delighted to see how over whelming the positive response is to West @ The Twelve.
I truly hope you have the opportunity to join us again some time and once again, I apologise for the inconvenience.
Fergus
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I really enjoyed the food here, as did my companion. Food was excellent, service was good... its not exactly reasonable...”
Reviewed September 22, 2008

I really enjoyed the food here, as did my companion. Food was excellent, service was good... its not exactly reasonable but it is well worth it.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook