“PGies”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lumby
Williams Lake, Canada
“PGies”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Needed a room in the okanagan on Saturday of the August long weekend. Nothing available in Kelowna or Vernon. We called Twin Creeks. The gentleman was very polite on the phone. Called us by name once we arrived and accommodated our request for a ground floor room. The hotel is older but, it was very clean and well cared for. There were lovely hanging baskets all over (I wanted to take them home). The room was nice and quiet. No road noise as its behind some large beautiful trees. There is a great little pub there too. Nice not to have to gear up and climb back on the bike because it was 30 degrees. Would stay again. And no! It's not the Holiday Inn Express. But you're not paying those prices either.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Needed a place to stay close to my parents for their 50th anniversary surprise and since this motel is right in town decided to give it a try. We won't be staying again!!

Will start with the PRO'S: it was clean.

Now for the CON'S: first very overpriced for what you get. Non smoking room reeked of smoke. Walls were thin (and we really were ok with that as it is an old building) but when a clock radio alarm starts ringing at 4:15am and continues to do so for the next 2hrs....well needless to say, NOT impressed! And even worse was the not seeming to care attitude of the management! Also friends of my parents were staying as well, they also had a very smoke smelly room that caused the husband to use his puffer for his asthma!

Two things that are needed in the room...a blow dryer and an iron and ironing board! But I guess it doesn't matter......we won't be staying there again!

Room Tip: Good luck!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kaslo, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Apparently Twin Creeks is the only motel between Vernon and Nakusp on Hwy 6. If you don't want to travel that highway at night, stay in Vernon. I was shown several rooms. Unfortunately, there was mold in a fridge so that was out and so went the kitchenette route. I received a $10 rebate as the remote was missing and after I had settled in, I realized there were only dribbles of hot water from the kitchen faucet. Any cold water had to come from the bathroom sink. There was animal hair covering the kitchen chairs, an old used coffee filter in the coffee maker and a number of burn holes in the bed spread. It's one thing to have workers and long-term renters in the rooms and another stay on top of the upkeep that requires.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've stayed here several times - because my trip to Lumby is always based on visiting a local business, I normally get a 10% discount. This time, the polite but disinterested young man at the front desk shrugged off my presentation of a discount request and that was that. No big deal, as the room rate is reasonable, but when I checked in my room I discovered the door safety catch was broken off (did someone break into the room on another occasion?) Oh, well. I had a feeling I'd get the same reaction from my front desk friend, so this middle-aged female guest just wedged a chair under the door for the night. However, the room was clean, the bed was pretty comfortable and it was a very quiet night. But for anything other than a decent night's sleep, I'd look around for a bed and breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AbbyJ59
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I liked my stay very much it was clean and quiet. There was a very big backyard the management was very friendly and nice I would definitely recommend this to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank john s
seatt
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I have stayed in this Motel with my family and my experience was unexpected.
Descent price (Got really good deal for staying 4 nights)
Nice Service.
Friendly Operator.
Excellent cleaning.
Huge backyard.
Enough parking space.
Ideal place who love quietness.

Overall my experience is really good and would return in future.

Room Tip: Must try this place at place.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rid12
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2011

It's a typical small-town motel with mismatched in-room dishes and cutlery, an older TV, and a pair of double beds in each room, but with one's standards set properly it's none too bad.

The good:

super awesome owner/operator
cheap!
no infestations
better than sleeping in a car
onsite bar/restaurant gives free chicken wings on your birthday, one per year of age

The bad (adjusted for expectations):

water pressure too high
cheap soaps and packet shampoo
rooms require airing out upon arrival
not enough lights
could hear neighbors' TV clearly

Room Tip: Stay in Vernon
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Air_Koryo

Been to Twin Creeks Motel? Share your experiences!