Amorita Resort
Coco Mango's Place(Danao)(Great Value!)
$28
  • Breakfast included
$74
$71
  • Pool
Panglao Tropical Villas(Danao)(Great Value!)
$22
  • Pool
$152
1,622 results
All reviewssaffron restaurantplunge poolgarden villathe cliffone bedroom suitealona beachfew stepsdeluxe roomsnew wingbreakfast buffetsweet treatsocean viewthe general managerbrowniepanglao islandchocolate hillspersonalized service
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We picked Amorita as our family summer destination for the year and must I say we made the best choice! Amorita's overall charm and customer service exceeded all our expectations. Let me break down the main points:

Saffron Restaurant provided us some gastronomic delights and the service was just superb. Alona Beach certainly provided a smorgasbord of choices to its visitors but as for my family, we couldn't help but go back to Saffron each and every day we were there to try out most of the deliciousness on their enticing menu.

Amorita’s amenities also offered an environment that is most conducive to absolute relaxation. You look around and see the well maintained villas, the greenery and of course the view of the ocean. The deck and infinity pool boasts to Amorita’s guests why they made the best choice to stay in the hotel.

The View! The view just takes your breath away every single time. I can’t even count how many times I zoned out while looking at the gorgeous blue, turquoise and aquamarine waters. And every time reality would hit me, the constant thought in my head was “I don’t want to go home anymore”.

Finally, the overall service and courtesy of Amorita’s staff is what I think makes it a cut above the rest of the other resorts in Panglao Island. The warmth and hospitality of its crew was a great accent to the whole relaxing experience in Bohol. From the reception, the wait staff, housekeeping, tour staff, spa staff, flight assistance, security to the everyday staff you meet in Amorita’s grounds, each one did not only provide the requested service but always went beyond and gave extra assistance and thoughtfulness.

I can go on and on about all the other great points of the resort, but I would suggest that everyone reading this would just try and experience it for themselves. Amorita is always the best choice for a vacation. My family found that out this year and Amorita has certainly given us a lot of good memories to treasure and for this, we would definitely come back over and over again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Michelle A
Amoritamarketing, Marketing at Amorita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Michelle A,

Thank you for your feedback! It makes us very happy to know that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you're in Bohol!

Thank you very much!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed here for 10 days in April 2012. Since we were just the two of us we found the villas to expensive and booked a normal room instead. We asked for first floor which we got at it was a really nice and calm place - absolutely no noise in the evenings. The staff was really committed to making our stay perfect and did everything they could to spoil us with fruit icce, fresh water etc. The hotel is located on a cliff overlooking the beach and we quickly learned just to leave our stuff at the pool when going out snorkeling. Then we did not need to keep our eyes on it while being in the water. They also have a very deep divers pol if you want to take certificate and are to lazy to go down to the beach. I am not sure who they use for diving since we had already arranged our diving from home. The breakfast is good but the choise of bread is not so variated seen as a european. There is no ned to go hungry if you dont want asian hot food for breakfast since the cook will make you all the pancakes and omelets you can eat. We did not eat diner in the restaurant since we liked to go down by the beach in the evening but we did eat lunch a few times. It was not so much to our taste but I think that taste is individual and it was not that the food was bad. As there are plenty of restaurants in the area one should not worry. Our room was maybe not new but it was very clean and with enough space for the two of us. It is not cheap though as many people have noted before us but somehow the staff, the surroundings and the tranquillity makes us feel that it was worth the money and we would surely choose this hotel again if we get back to Alona Beach. And if you get the opportunity to get a package with free massage you wont regret. It is equally as good as in Thailand.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bearnie

Dear Bearnie,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We hope to see you again at the resort the next time you're in the Philippines! The next time you would like to go diving, our diving partner Sea Explorers, can make all the arrangements for you.

Thank you again!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed at Amorita Resort for the night of my 40th Birthday in January. I had hesitations because I wanted it to be perfect and I'm quite fussy. I spoke with Kris in their head office who efficiently helped put everything together for me. Amorita not only made it perfect, they made it exceptional! I had a group of 14 people travelling with us and we were all staying in another resort but I decided to stay at Amorita on the night of the birthday for something special. I organised a private dinner on the cliff side deck which included our own chef & 3 butlers for the night (even though they only charged for 1 butler in my package). We had exclusive use of the deck and our chef cooked up a bbq along with some traditional filipino entree's, mains & deserts as well. This was followed up by a massive caramel birthday cake they made for me too.

But, I will take you back to where it all began.... the day before I checked in, I went to view the property and discuss the dinner. I was met by Caryina & Raphael who took me for a tour of the resort, went through the menu for the dinner, showed me the deck where we'd be dining - they gave me complete peace of mind that they were on top of everything.

The next day we checked in, reception were friendly & efficient. I had hired an ocean villa for the night so we chilled out and enjoyed the poolside and restaurant during the daytime. The pool is beautiful and overlooks the beach. My baby was very comfortable in the pool as there are sitting platforms in the pool around the side and a shallow area where he could paddle quite happily. The lifeguard would bring us refreshments including watermelon juice popsicles, frozen fruit, etc. Our lunch in Saffron restaurant in short, was the best food I ate during my 3 week holiday in the Phillipines. I have written a separate review for Saffron as it deserves more detail.

After an enjoyable day poolside, we went to our villa to get ready for the birthday night. We had ordered canapes & cocktails to be served to our guests in the villa's garden before adjourning for dinner - these were really tasty, well presented and the fresh lychee fizz cocktails were extremely refreshing. Much to my surprise Caryina came in with a group of her staff and sang me Happy Birthday (with guitar & balloons) and presented me with a birthday cake! That was such a nice surprise. :) We went to the deck where our butler Chriz looked after every one of our guests and made sure all the pictures were perfectly taken at sunset. We had our amazing menu that Chef Raphael had put together for us (he even cooked a special little dish of Adobo for my baby because it's his favourite). After an amazing evening, we went back to our villa where again, much to my surprise, housekeeping had put together a happy birthday message on my bed made from tiny individual flower petals!

We had breakfast the next morning, all the staff knew who we were and treated us like rockstars! The food once again was great, nice variety of buffet plus made to order eggs, waffles, pancakes, etc. Service was friendly & efficient - at one stage I couldn't carry the 2 drinks & plate back, a waiter saw this and immediately came to assist me. That's the sort of attention the staff give their guests. We were getting ready to check out and my husband said, 'why don't we stay another night'... and with that, we did! Again, we did poolside during the daytime and stayed in the villa that night and had a lovely dinner from Saffron in the villa's garden with a couple of our friends. One of our friends left his resort and booked a room at Amorita for the next 2 nights because he had been so impressed with Amorita from the previous night.

When it finally came time to check out, again we were treated amazingly well. The thing with Amorita is they go out of their way to exceed expectations. The rooms are very spacious, modern & comfortable, the restaurant is exceptional and the staff are all very friendly and helpful - nothing is ever too much trouble. The resort is small so it is more private than the larger ones which is nice and they cater for children quite well (there is even a small playground which our baby enjoyed).

If you enjoy luxury and being well looked after, look no further - Amorita is the place to stay in Bohol.

When we return to the Philippines, we will go back to Bohol and stay at Amorita once again.
On a personal note, I would like to thank all the staff at Amorita Resort for making my 40th Birthday so special and memorable. xx

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get an Ocean Villa for a truly memorable stay - it's worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Him&I
Amoritamarketing, Marketing at Amorita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2012

Dear Him&I,

We're glad you enjoyed spending your birthday at the resort. I will be sure to forward your feedback and review to the Amorita staff. They'll be very happy to know you and your party had a memorable experience. Please visit us again soon!

Sincerely, Carissa

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We truly enjoyed our stay at Amorita Resort, in fact, we didn't want to end our stay there :) Me and my husband really appreciated the tiny efforts that the staff rendered to us, like bringing snacks to our villa, assisting us in taking pictures and answering our queries. And we love the treat the resort prepared for us. They made our honeymoon so wonderful. Its downside though is that it's a bit pricey when it comes to food but hey, other cheaper restaurants are just a few steps away from the resort so you don't need to worry, really :) We will surely come back in Amorita and hope to book for an ocean villa, next time :)) More power to the Resort and kudos to all the staff for a job very well done! And lastly, we would like to extend to Ms. Roxanne, our gratitude for her assistance during our booking! Thank you very much and more power Amorita!

Room Tip: room 804 garden view villa is nice and it's the first garden villa from the reception area
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vanchupong

Dear Ms. Marichu,

Thank you for staying with us during your honeymoon. We are all happy to know that you and your husband had an enjoyable stay at the resort. I will be sure to let Ms. Roxanne know how much you appreciated her efforts. Please visit us again soon!

Sincerely, Carissa

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed at Amorita for four days with our two children and it was an enjoyable experience for all of us. Accommodations in Amorita, whether it be in their deluxe rooms, Garden or Ocean Villas are always a special treat. Our children loved the plunge pool in our Ocean villa, and we appreciated the ocean view that came with it. Parents can lounge on the bed while keeping an eye on their children in the mini pool. Floor plan in the villas are well-thought out as there is a passage way on the side that leads straight to the open-air bathrooms - thus keeping the bedroom floors dry and clean. No slippery accidents waiting to happen, and sand tracks in your bedroom!
The staff members are all courteous, hardworking and well-trained. They all know you by your first name and make extra effort to make your stay comfortable. Ice lollies and towels are offered by the poolside to keep everyone cool and dry. When there are a lot of kids checked - in, they offer cookie decorating, egg painting and film showing activities for free.

What i love most about Amorita tough, is their strategic location. Perched on a cliff, the resort lets you have peace and quiet, away from the hawkers and noisy beach crowd. you can quietly enjoy the view of the ocean while you drink and dine at their Saffron restaurant or lounge by their beautiful infinity pool. The beach is just a few steps down, with fine white sand and clear, calm waters. There are no drastic dips on the ocean level, so kids can swim safely. further out, they can spy on schools of fish and starfishes on the ocean floor even at just waist-deep water! Bring your own snorkels if you can to enjoy the underwater view.There are other resorts, restos and bars along the strip that you can also check-out.

The food in their restaurant was very good. Portions are quite big for Filipino standards, so most of the orders are for sharing. Everything we tried was delicious. Their pizzas are a must try, as well their turon (banana fritters).

We also went on a mini-tour and got to see the Chocolate hills, Tarsiers (my daughter liked this), the Hinagdanan Cave (my son's favorite), and the Bohol Bee Farm (their home-made ice cream flavors were very good) with a rented car with driver from the resort. The driver was very professional and we felt safe knowing that he was associated with the resort, versus getting an anonymous tour guide and driver from outside.

Overall, it was a relaxing and fun weekend for our family. We hope to come back again soon to experience the other sights of bohol - their ancestral houses, firefly watching, island hopping, etc. I would strongly recommend Amorita for both couples and families who want privacy, luxury, and yet be immersed in the local culture and beach-life as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank DonnaCunaPita
Amoritamarketing, Marketing at Amorita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear DonnaCunaPita,

Thank you for your kind words. We try our best to make each stay memorable and comfortable as much as possible. Also, we find ways to make each experience for the guests stress-free and convenient. If you have any suggestions about improving our services especially for guests traveling with their children, we'd be glad to hear them. We hope to see you at the resort again soon!