“Nice, Clean, family friendly, good kids pool”

Insotel Tarida Beach Sensatori Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cala Tarida
Bristol
“Nice, Clean, family friendly, good kids pool”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Stayed here for a week from 10th July 2010, with my wife and two small children 1yr old and 2 1/2 yr old.
Firstly yes it was a real challenge going on our first holiday with two young children especially such a close age gap. When one was awake the other was slepping. The only time we rested was when we went to bed, but we knew this so just a heads up if you have two young children.

I have stayed in Ibiza a couple of times, but never in Cala tarida. The resort is very quiet, only two resturants on the beach that look very nice, and a small clothing shop up the road. A good ten minute walk away there is a small spar, cafe and chemist, but thats it, so everything is really hotel based. San antonio is 10k away.

We were the first drop off from the airport, so quite quick to check in. The hotel is a 4 star by my standard, and I have stayed in lots of 4 star hotels.
We arrived at 20.00 dinner finished at 21.30. We unpacked and headed to dinner at 21.00. They were starting to clear away all the food, so we ended up with odds and sods.

Beer in the resturant was bottled estralla 5.4%, red, white and rose wine, you could order a bottle if you wanted, or by the glass, and a small selection of soft drinks.

All the meals were what you would expect from an all inclusive, a bit of everything for everyone. There were 2 main buffet restaurants and 3 other restaurants you could eat once at. A pizzera, lunch time grill, and a themed out side resturant. I only ate at the buffet restaurant, as this offered best choice for the children.

The first day at the pool we stayed at the top pool as it was more picturesque. There were 2 kids pool one 30cm deep and one at 45cm both were cool in the morning but after 10 seconds or so you got used to it, after 12pm both pools were lovely to sit and play in. The main pool was even warmer. I was really pleased with the kids pool, a really good size. We arrived at the pool around 10.00 most mornings. It wa dead only us and a few others, so never a problem getting a sunbed, and no one really put the towels down early. It got busier around 11.00. Thew only problem was there were only 8/10 sun umbrellas so some mornings you were lucky to get one.

The bottom pool seemed nice but never sat there. The beach was nice water warm. We just stayed for an hour or two and used our towels as there was a charge for the sun loungers. Talking of charges- 29.50 euros for a safe which I thouhgt was expensive. Also 20e each for the hire of the hotels towels which I thought was stupid. I've never had to leave a depoist before in a 4 star hotel. So make sure you take some euoros. Around the pool in the day you can order your usual dry toasted sandwiches- Beer was served in half pints glasses. The soft drinks were in either smaller glasses with two ice cubes, so you had a mouthful of drink. I just ordered two of everything, they seemed ok with that.

Yes the hotel is built on a steep hill, so pushing a buggy was tough, but it never really bothered us. The hotel grounds were really nice, lush green grass and palm trees.

The rooms were in blocks of 21 and were only 3 storey high. The rooms were nice clean and a good size. There was a small kitchenette which was useful, nice sized fridge to store kids drinks.

The hotel was made up of 50% Slovakians, then German, Spanish, Italian, and 5% english. Which was fine. The Kids evening entertainment started at 21.15 and lasted to 21.50, the amination team woreked their socks off, and really got the kids going. Some of the kids songs were really catchy. The adult evening entertainmant shows were quite good.
OK here are my moans, groans, and observations. Every hotel will have its faults. Please dont let this part put you off, they are just my personal observations, and I would stay here again and recommend it to other people. So here we go...

First night the aircon did not work. 23.00 it was still 25d. I decided to moan about it as the kids could not sleep. The receptionist was very helpful, and an engineer was at our room in less than 5 min, even though it was midnight. He cleaned the air filters but this did nothing. I went back in the morning 0800 and complained again. Another receptionist said there had been several problems in our block, and engineers are trying to rectify the issue. We went back at 12.00 and still no change. I spoke to the first choice rep who was very helpful. She manaeged to get our room changed, which we did. It was on the 3rd floor but the aircon worked, and we had a sea view.

Our doulbe buggy did not fit in either of the rooms but this was not a problem. We just left it at the bottom of the steps, when the kids slept we just carried them upto bed.

The staff were friendly but there were a couple of miserable waitresses, mainly in the restaurants. The restaurants were hit and miss in terms of getting a table. One morning there were 21 tables not cleared and people were just standing waiting for the staff to clear them. Some times your plates were cleared and some times they did not clear them. Definetely a staff shortage.
On busy perods it felt like a bit of a free for all. No sooner had food been brought out it had gone, and some times it took a while for them to replace the food. But this is what happens I suppose with mass produced food.

There was an on site doctor which is useful. There was a gym open from 10.00 to 22.30. No running machine, just a couple of cross trainers, and one or two weights,

in summary a very nice hotel, very child friendly, would recommend to others.

6 Thank ParkersBristol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Hello there! Just returned from a 11 days trip at Tarida Beach and I am absolutely disgusted ! I've been there with wife and 2 kids for the 4th time and must say that the approach of the staff (especially receptionists) was terrible. Since I've been there 3 times ago I knew that families with small kids get their rooms below the upper pool. To make it sure I requested my travel agent to put it in my contract. As a quite loyal customer I did not expected any problems, but I was terribly wrong ! I got the room on the other side of the area and on the 2nd floor! Unfortunately that was not all. I tried to explain the receptionists that all the families with small kids have their rooms close to the restaurant and that it is my 4th stay so I would like to change the room. I did not ask for any specific room, just any of about 200 which were better located. The receptionists were absolutely unhelpful with no sign of willing to solve any problem. The standard answer repeated many times was "come tomorrow". On top of it, my kids got sick, and I thought by telling them this it will make them more helpful, but I was wrong again. So I kept coming and on the 3rd day (I was quite patient, but now I regret I was polite!) I got a room which was a bit closer to the beach, pool and restaurant.
Our flight back was in the evening so I wanted to buy an extension of my room until the evening. I went to the reception 3 days before my departure to make it sure and give them long time to arrange this. I got the already well known answer "come tomorrow". And when I came the day after I got 'very friendly' announcement that it is not possible ! That made me so pissed off that time and my patience has gone. After 1 hour of shouting at 4 receptionist, telling them that they are useless and asking for a manager it suddenly became possible !!!
What a shame Insotel ! How do you value your loyal customers ? Is there any management ? Is there any customer services ? I did not ask anything special, just a standard what everyone else with small kids got. Never again Insotel !

Funny thing is that I posted this on Insotel Facebook wall and after half a day it disappeared. After posting again and saying it is not nice to delete negative reviews, they sent me an email that they are looking at my complaints.

Anyway, advice for all of you who plan to go there (especially more than once). If there is any problem, do not be polite. Shout, scream, ask manager, spit on them, break the vase on the reception desk, etc. otherwise you will not solve anything.

3 Thank LubosK
Bedfordshire
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We have just returned from 10 nights at the Cala Tarida Beach Club with our two children (2 and 5 yrs old). Very good 4 star hotel. The food, staff and facilities were superb. The children had a great time - this is a very well run family orientated hotel. There was even a free nurse on site everyday. The free kids-club and evening mini-disco are fantastic. Mini-disco from 2115-2145 hrs, then the evening entertainment is from 2200-2330. The entertainment staff put on superb shows. By midnight practically all guests were off to bed and the hotel was very quiet and peaceful (great if you want the children to sleep). We had no problems with any of the food or getting drinks at the various bars - service was always prompt and courteous. Most drinks are included in the all inclusive package but some international brands are extra. That said - the local equivalents are still good (e.g. Irish Cream). Seperate swimming pools are available for older and younger children so they can play in safety. Plenty of sunbeds. On all inclusive you can even get free burgers, hot dogs and toasted sandwiches all afternoon from the pool bar if you decide you don't want to to go the restaurant for lunch. The hotel site is on a hill with the majority of the accommodation at the top and the entertainment and restaurants at the bottom. While not a huge or steep walk (about 10 mins from top to bottom) - it can get tiring when carrying the children around at night - so if you have a pushchair it would be advisable to take it. The hotels caters for many nationalities - when we were there the other guests were mainly German, Italian and Slovakian. Free beach towels are available from the hotel - 20 Euro deposit for each towel which you get returned when you hand them back. These towels can be changed for free 3 times a week. Rooms are spacious, have a fridge and air-con. Rooms cleaned and towels changed everyday. There is a safe in the room which costs about 30 Euros a week (payable at reception). We'd recommend the hotel to families and those wanting a quieter holiday rather than those looking for something more lively. Overall, we had a great holiday in a lovely hotel.

1 Thank Fab4on2ur
scotland
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I have just returned from this hotel with 3 children (6,4 and 2), my husband and my parents.

The rooms were spotlessly clean and nicely decorated with big bathrooms.

We were all inclusive and found the food to be really good. There was a huge variety to suit even fussy eaters and plenty for the little ones. The drinks inlcluded most international brands which is not always the case with All inclusive hotels. The only negative I can think of is the pizzeria which we chose as our a la carte option on our last night. The menu was very limited and we would have been better going to the buffet restaurant as normal. Other than this I cannot fault the food at all.

There was lots of entertainment on by the main pool throughout the day. We didn't participate in this as we were happy at the other pool which is better for small children. The night time entertainment was fantastic with a mini disco followed by a show of some description. Our kids loved the disco and it was the highlight of each day for them.

Cala Tarida has a lovely beach and a few restaurants and shops. It is on a steep hill so definitely not suitable for people with walking difficulties. There is not a lot to do in the village itself but we found there was pleanty to keep us all occupied in the hotel. We took the bus to Ibiza town for a day trip and it is definitely worth a visit if you get a chance. The bus only took about 30 minutes and there is a bus stop just outside the hotel.

1 Thank ajk1979
West Midlands
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We really enjoyed our break at the Insotel Club Tarrida Beach - we arrived early hours of the morning (3.00am) - it was 22 euroes direct from airport (Ibiza runs an excellent taxi service - green stickered white cabs - with fixed rates, we also travelled to Ibiza town for 24 euroes for a family of 5). We were prepared to stay in reception until our room was ready but the staff went out of there way to find us accomodation so we could sleep till moring at no extra cost. We were given our all inclusive card (also swipe card for rooms - no wrist bands) at 10am even though our holiday did not officially start until 12 noon and told to get some breakfast. We tried all of the catering including a lovely lunch at the hotel run grill overlooking the beach (no extra cost - just book at reception). The place was spotless and the grounds kept very tidy. Hotel run entertainment was good and the kids club was excellent - even though mine only used it for 1 day as they enjoyed the excellent pool and beach. The beach is lovely and long with 2/3 beach front bars/restaurants and a well stocked shop near the bus stop, there is not much more in Cala Tarrida but that suited us fine. All inclusive option runs to globally produced spirits not just locally produced, and bar menus explains any extra charges very clearly. Bottom pool near the beach is where the etertainment team keep you occupied top pool is much more relaxing. Beach was CLEAN AND VERY GOOD FOR SNORKLING, sea is shallow for some distance and very calm. A climb on the rocks give an excellent sunset after dinner in the evening. The hotel also runs a dive centre. We had a wonderful week of pool, beach and relaxation with good varied food (the chef cooks fresh 3 egg omlettes in the morning with your choice of filling and he also cooks fresh grilled meat on the evening - Salads were wonderful and we never went hungry and never got bored!). We will either return next year or try the insotel club punta prima on Menorca. Very impressed !!

1 Thank Family5WestMidlands
North West
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I never normally leave reviews but as there were none before we left I appreciate the imortance of these things and the help it provides others. The below is our experience and what others told us about their stay whilst at the hotel. I have stayed at a variety of different star rating hotels in many countries so hope it is an objective review for you.

Travelled with our two children aged 6 and 19 months. Hotel very clean and tidy. On checking in to the hotel we were met by an abrupt receptionist which was a little off putting. Fortunately this wasn't continued throughout our stay. We did have an issue with our first room as there was a funny smell that seemed to linger even after we had opened all the doors and windows. We did manage to change rooms but after having to really push this through with the receptionist who was not happy having to make a simple request. The rooms are quite basic but nice modern bathroom, the air-con didn't seem to work all the time, the beds are very uncomfortable (Hard) and you can feel the springs in the mattress. Maid service is very good with the room cleaned every day and fresh towels etc. There is also cooking facilities which was useful and a fridge in nthe room.

The pools are great and the animation team are very friendly but not over exuberhant. They do work really hard and the shows are quite good compared to the usual you tend to expect from these things. There i a fitness centre if you can call it that, appreciate most are basic but this is a muti-gym unit with a pulley and bar so you can get creative but the weights are very light and probably worth skipping this part of the hotel. There is an on-site doctor also which is very helpful if you hve a poorly child, as we ended up with. The cost is €80 mind you for a consultation but you can't put a price on an ill child.

The food was ok if not a little repetitive. We did book into the Pizza restaurant, sea view and beach grill which unfortunately was the same food they serve in the main buffet restaurant but less choice which was dissapointing. The Pizza restaurant had a choice of four Pizzas or spag bol and two of the pizzas were actually the same. The food is a little bland but don't be put off by this as it is sufficient for a holiday.

The boat trip is excellent on a Wednesday which is the hotels own boat and it are three decks and only about 50 hotel guests attend so lots of room.

We were all inclusive and there is an option to buy premium brands for an extra charge but this is quite expensive for a family of 4 but the local brands are again very nice. It is €30 for the week for a safe which I thought was a bit excessive.

All in all a nice place to stay and everybody we spoke to said they would go back to this hotel again. Staff very friendly apart from the receptionist who we never caught on a good day which really spoilt the front of house. Plenty for the kids to do and a good mix of nationalities.

Finally, if you are going to the beach, you have to pay as it is a public beach and sunloungers etc come at a charge.

7 Thank One_thats_not_taken
Southampton
Reviewed December 18, 2009

I travelled here with my family including parents, teenage siblings, partner and 16 month old daughter. The transfer was relatively quick and a great way to see the surrounding area before you arrive. The hotel was on a very steep hill. The walk to the only shop in the area (also very selective of its opening hours) was murder on the way up, especially with a pushchair! We had an apartment which seemed to be seperated from the main complex across a bridge over what I can only describe as a sewer drain as the smell on that bridge was unbelievable! We later found out that the Insotel had only recently taken that block on. Although there was no refurbishments taking place while we were there, the bathroom was clearly new and quite luxurios however the rest of the apartment was dirty, mouldy and damp with very old fixtures and fittings. I wish we had of booked a studio as they were much newer and of 4 star standard a lot closer to the hotels facilites. Not many English at this hotel, many Spainish, Italian, Germans and Swedes. Moan over - the rest of the holiday and resort was fantastic, the food was superb and the restaurant staff were amazing. On the gala evening, the presentation was outstanding. There was a play park for younger children although the slide got pretty hot in the height of the day! The kids pool was shin high and very safe with mini water squirters. The main pool, although looks small in the brochure was quite big and there were ample sunbeds to go around. The beach, which is very clean, warm water, sandy with a great offering of watersports, is accessed by steps, not really suitable with a pushchair or for people with walking difficulties.
The entertainment team were what made our holiday. They were non stop 24/7 and by day 2 had remembered our names! The shows they put on every night after the kids mini disco were great and they deserve a great thumbs up!
A fantastic choice for families with younger children althou think before taking your pushchair! Would return again as although it is a Spainish chain, seemed a very personal services.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
ME Ibiza
ME Ibiza
#7 of 56 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites ...
#4 of 56 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Insotel Tarida Beach Sensatori Resort? Share your experiences!