We booked onto the insotel Tarida beach as a group of 9 friends, we had seen the reviews regarding kids so also went during the times where we expected less kids to be around the area.
The Hotel team were fantasic, as a group of 20somethings the Animation team were such a good laugh, always getting involved and we had a great time joining in with the pool games and the evenings entertainment. The nights varied for the ones where we stayed down and watched the entertainment but it is what you make it. For us joining in and having a laugh wasn't an issue but you certainly get a good bit of fun out of it doing so.
The bars are certainly well equipped as we found out throughout our stay. There must be over 100 International spirits there, shots, cocktails whatever you want you can get. The staff at the middle bar were exceptional, the English they spoke was excellent, there were very happy to have a conversation with you and their knowledge of drinks is fantastic. The bottom bar staff are unfortunately the let down with the bars, they seem to be pretty anti english, and for a group of us our bar order would be around 9 drinks, they seemed to have thought we were just getting like 10 drinks each and kept offering us plastic cups, not all English people are lager louts! Could be some improvement from a service perspective there.
The food choices are great. There is always something for everyone, small bites and big meals all catered for. The downside with the buffet restaurant is that you do seem to have to wait an exceedingly long time to get some cuttlery on to the table and I ended up getting my own more than once, only for the waiting staff to shout abuse in spanish. If it took less than 20 mins one morning for breakfast and after asking 5 people to get some I might not have had to wonder into the kitchen to help myself.
The rooms are very well equipped, plenty of room in them. Some of the air con units dont seem to work as well as others, with 4 rooms between us it was easy to compare what we should be expecting. The fridge is big, perfect for keeping water in, the bathroom is very nice too. Amazing views off our balcony! The beds as mentioned by many people are less than desireable. Very uncomfortable and move around a lot. The level of cleanliness is superb, very efficient and not a spec of dirt or dust on any days.
The location is great. 2mins to the beach, about 10 coming back up if you've had a good swim and you're at the back of the hotel. Be careful though, lots of jellyfish in the sea. It costs around 16euros during the day to get to San Antonio 20ish during the evenings. It truely is worth going though its an amazing town, it gets busy about 10:30 when things really kick off with the clubs and bars all opening up.
We booked through First Choice and the service the Rep Alex offered was great, he knows a lot about the island and what to go to and where to avoid. Very knowledgable for what we were initially expecting. For a group of younger people he also took the time to sit down with us for over 45mins and go through all the club nights that were on the island and made a few recommendations from what he had heard/experienced in the past and every night we did we totally enjoyed. Can't praise him enough.
The reception staff were always very polite and helpful, always greeting us upon return in the early hours from our nights out, we had a few problems with keycards not working after they had been allocated to the room but these were quickly and efficiently resolved with no issues at all.
The sewage drains by the bottom pool were the final issue we had, when jumping in the pool the drains seem to bubble and the most horrible smell pours out. It happened a few times but the bottom bar staff who were already rude to us on the holiday made little effort to get this resolved with the maintenance team.
Overall great stay and felt it offered very good value for the money we paid for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 2015 completely refurbished 5* Sensatori Resort Ibiza is located on the beachfront of the wide sandy bay of Cala Tarida with sunset views. The new Sensatori concept comes with 5 a la carte restaurants next to the main restaurant, a main pool area and an adult only zone, "The Retreat" - with sports facilities, a splash park and play grounds for children, a world class Prestige Spa and 2 more pools. The Retreat is situated 500m away from the reception, shuttle available. The TUI best Family concept has moved to the Insotel Club Tarida Playa next door to the Sensatori Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Insotel Tarida Beach Sensatori Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Insotel Club Tarida Beach Hotel Cala Tarida
- Insotel Hotel Cala Tarida
- Insotel Hotel Tarida Beach
- Insotel Tarida Beach Sensatori Resort Cala Tarida, Ibiza