“Great Value Hotel, Friendly Staff”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Talamanca
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Great Value Hotel, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed here in July 2012 and found the hotel to be great value. The 3 star rating is pretty accurate and the location is superb if you want a quie relaxed and chilled out holiday.

The hotel has a quiet pool area which was great for relaxing during the day and it was about15 minute walk down the boardwalk into Talamanca and Ibiza town marina.

The food is the restuarant was pretty good (not amazing but more than acceptable) and we upgraded to all inclusive from half board for 18 euro each per day which was great value for money as it included bar snack and drinks by the pool.

I would definately come back here as it was great base for getting in and out of ibiza town and really hand for the airport as well.

Sea views from our room on the 1st floor was also pretty good.

Room Tip: Try an get a sea vie where possible
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
VictoriaIbiza, Gerente at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all we want to thank you for your great review. We're very happy to hear you had a great time in the hotel and in Talamanca. We hope to have you back very soon at the hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Booked after reading other reviews and not disappointed. Hotel rooms fairly basic but very clean.
Reception staff really friendly and helpful and better than I have found in many higher rated hotels which I have used on business. Close to beach and about 30 mins walk into Ibiza Town. If your not up for that there is always a short bus ride for 1,6 euros each way. Breakfast very good and whilst evening meal had lots of choice the quality could be better. Pool, mini golf, pool bar all well run.
Would happily go back or recommend to others

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 118RayH
VictoriaIbiza, Gerente at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear guest,
We want to personally thank you for your review, your impressions are very important to us to keep improving our services. We’re very happy to read you would trust Hotel Victoria again to spend your holidays and we hope to see you back soon!
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Enjoyed everything about it.

Staff were so friendly and cant understand the other reviews.

Food was great

rooms were very clean! Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the whole holiday and would definitely return!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We want to thank you for your review, your opinions are very important to us to improve our services. In this case we love to hear you had a great time with us and are very happy about your recommendation.
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I booked this hotel after reading reviews on trip advisor as it was voted no1; my only comment is that people decide to forget the experience. Firstly I would like to mention that on check out I did try to address my complaints to reception but I was so rudely and abruptly stopped my brother who was with me found it laughable ! May I just mention that I travel frequently and often for both work and pleasure and like to consider myself fair in my evaluations.
This break was a short 2 day break with my brother and I booked All inclusive as I normally do. On arrival we was waiting for sometime at the Reception but my main gripe was that when the Receptionist ( who to be fair was the friendliest member of staff) was checking us in she had conversations with at least two other people at the same time; also both myself and my brother have a good comprehension of spanish however I the explanation of the room AC (which we couldn't get to work!) was so fast It was impossible to follow.

The Room itself as was the hotel was very clean (So clean the reception floor and the staircase were dangerously slippery) however the AC did not work at any time and also my other complaint is that if you have left a room key in the electric slot there is normally a reason (i.e. i needed to send an urgent email but needed to charge my iPad) but the cleaners decided to remove this before we came back from the beach so no charge!

The Food was terrible; first night to be fair was ok, but breakfast was cheap and nasty, most of us have had the standard spanish breakfast buffet and there is I must say a normal standard which i find quiet acceptable. I do not tend to eat fried food so I tend to stick to Muesli,fruit and yogurt; No choice in fruit, pineapple only the muesli had the constancy of sawdust and the yogurt was in a big open dish which i did not fill was very hygienic. Coffee machine was not explained either. We did not stay for lunch and returned in the evening for dinner this was so vile we walked out of the restaurant (the paella had entire crab shell legs etc and pretty much nothing else) needless to say we ate elsewhere and removed our all inclusive bands as the food was so bad never wanted to enter again)

GENERAL; AS OUR FLIGHT AS OUR ARRIVAL WAS LATE DEPARTURE , AS I RULE I ALWAYS ASK FOR A LATE CHECK OUT THIS WAS DISMISSED BY THE HOTEL THE NIGHT BEFORE WITH NO CONSIDERATION FOR THE FACT I WAS WILLING TO PAY! ALSO THE RECEPTIONIST SAID THERE WOULD BE FACILITIES TO SHOWER AND CHANGE LATER IN THE DAY THESE WERE NOT OFFERED.

3 Thank jaybb1977
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed at this very nice hotel 8 years ago and when deciding to go to Ibiza this year, there was no doubt which hotel to choose now. The motto on their webstite is as follows: "Come as a tourist and leave as a friend" and it really is so. The staff ot the hotel Victoria is very helpfull and friendly. The rooms are nice, large, very clean. The view from the balcony is great: overlooking the sea and the Old town of Eivissa. The food is just excellent - I am still missing the fresh orrange juice for breakfast and the grilled fish for dinner. The hotel has a good location, close to the beautiful Eivissa town (bus stop in front of the hotel) and in a quiet location of Talamanca bay. Hotel Victoria is definitelly a place to come again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
VictoriaIbiza, Gerente at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Petra,

We want to thank you so much for your fantastic review and are so happy you had such a great time with us for the second time. We're very proud to read you'd enjoyed our food and are pleased to hear the orange juice is so famous! We will tell our staff about your fantastic comments. We hope to see you back soon to keep offering you a fantastic holiday in the hotel!
Bebington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

After years of avoiding Ibiza because of its reputation for hooligans I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived! We were six 30 something year olds on a short 3 night stag trip. From the minute we arrived at Hotel Victoria we knew we were in for a treat. Don't get me wrong, it's not a 5 star hotel but it's a pretty special place. The location in Talamanca is perfect for people who want to have a retreat away from the main hustle and bustle of all the clubs. I have read reports that it's miles from anywhere, with no bars etc to go to locally. I also read that the food was substandard. As I have said, this is not a 5 Star hotel BUT what is 5 Star about it is the service! Everyone who worked at the hotel couldn't do enough to make our stay enjoyable.

Marta and Chus on reception were the nicest hotel staff I have ever come across and they went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. From sorting out taxis to Ibiza old town and club Privilege to sorting out entrance tickets in advance to see the awesome SupermaXé: nothing was out of the question.

The pool bar staff were also super helpful, especially the young French guy doing work experience. Even the supposed Mr Grumpy was jovial and joked with us every day!

The food in the hotel was much better than we expected with a wide choice for everyone. Yes, there is an element of recycling of salads from the afternoon but I'd have been angry if they'd binned perfectly good salads just to satisfy over picky customers. The breakfast was a mixture of egg and bacon, pastries, cold meats, fresh fruit, toast and cereals. Lunch was a mix of cold meats and salads. At dinner you always have a choice of ready cooked meals from stuffed peppers to calamares with at least 6 salads on offer, my favourite was the avocado and white asparagus! There was also a different meat and fish available to be grilled in front of you every night. Dessert was a mix of fresh fruit, cheesecakes, local cheeses and ice cream. Again, all the staff in the restaurant were always only too happy to change your plates and explain what was on offer.

The rooms were much better than I was expecting! The beds were comfortable, the linen was clean and crisp and the room was well laid out. It was a godsend having air conditioning and a little fridge in every room that was stocked with chocolate, soft drinks and water if needed (it wasn't rip-off prices). The bathroom was spotless with a selection of toiletries, plenty of towels and hot water whenever you needed a shower.

The pool was not the largest butle ty big enough for the hotel. The water was always clean and above all it was one of the warmest swimming pools I've ever been in. A hige change from the freezing cold pools in the Canaries!

If people want 5 Star luxury and book into Hotel Victoria and have the cheek to bad mouth it on tripadvisor they should have gone somewhere else in the first place. Hotel Victoria is a charming little hotel that is filled with staff with more personality than most prima dona staff I have come across in 5 star hotels in mainland Spain and the Canaries.

If you are looking for a fantastic holiday then go to Hotel Victoria! We're going back in September for 2 weeks this time!

Room Tip: Rooms with a hill view were lovely and quiet!
1 Thank Clive R
VictoriaIbiza, Gerente at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear guest, first of all we are delighted to read your review! Thank you very much for all your detailed comments, these are very important to us to keep improving our service and to congratulate our staff because of their good job. We’re very happy to find out you’d liked Ibiza so much and we will tell Marta, Chus and Benoit about your impressions. We’re glad you also mentioned about the food, because it’s very important to us that everyone can enjoy although we don’t agree with deleting food in perfect conditions. So, again, thank you very much and we hope to offer you an even better stay in September! See you soon!
Leeds, England
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Victoria, Talamanca for nine nights at the end of July 2012. The reviews we read helped us to choose this hotel. We wanted to be near Ibiza Town but in a peaceful location. This hotel was just right for us. For the first couple of days we used the local bus, stopping right outside the hotel, to get into town and then hired a car for a week to explore the island. Parking was difficult at or close to the hotel and we found a side street a couple of hundred metres away that served our purpose. Staff in the hotel were very helpful and friendly, especially on reception. We requested extra pillows and these were provided. The room had a bay and castle view which we enjoyed. Beds were adequate and comfortable. Towels were sometimes fluffy and sometimes not. The bath and shower had copious hot water at all times. Breakfast was typical 3 star Spanish hotel. Coffee machines produced excellent coffee to go with the usual cheese, ham, croissants etc. Doughnuts and cakes were also on offer. Freshly squeezed orange juice was a treat enjoyed daily. A juicing machine was closely monitored by a chap we nicknamed 'Senor Naranja' ! He was very attentive to those needing assistance with the coffee machine, especially the ladies ! We thought he was quite pleasant, but we never witnessed him being 'over-friendly' as described by another reviewer. By the ninth breakfast we were desperate for some more variety as the egg station chef claimed he could not offer omelettes or fresh scrambled eggs. (The scrambled eggs on the buffet resembled latex rubber !) We ate out at all other times apart from using the pool snack bar a couple of times, where the food was fine and staff very pleasant. We found the free WiFi in the reception area was very unstable and others confirmed our findings. It did the job, but only just. On the whole we really enjoyed our stay and would be happy to recommend this hotel. A hire car would be recommended but be aware that parking is tricky in the high season.

Room Tip: We opted for a 'side sea view' rather than risk a street view and we recommend this option i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gordon T
Dear guest,

We want to thank you for your review, your impressions are very important to us to keep improving. We want to apologize for any inconvenience caused because of the WIFI, we’re working hard to improve it but in Ibiza it’s difficult to offer a good Internet service. We also want to excuse ourselves about the eggs at breakfast, we will control their quality to improve our restaurant service. Although we’re happy your stay in Hotel Victoria was nice and we will be glad to tell Mr. Naranja AKA Antonio about your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talamanca
Simbad Hotel
THB Los Molinos
THB Los Molinos
#3 of 51 in Ibiza Town
Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul

Been to Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!