“Amazing, perfect holiday experience!”
Review of Simbad Hotel

Simbad Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Talamanca
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing, perfect holiday experience!”
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Fantastic hotel, stayed in a sea view room which I'd recommend (although they're all nice I think). I've travelled quite a lot, and was a bit concerned by the concept of going to Ibiza, but it was just totally amazing. The area where the hotel is (Talamanca beach) is perfect if you want a beatiful, peaceful location, yet an easy walk to beach restautants, cool beach bars and about 20mins walk to the harbour. You can get a sweet little boat to Ibiza town from here. Buses too and can get to Pacha and El Divino quite easily in about 20 mins, but chavvy san antonio with 'brits abroad' are well on the other side of the island, don't got there!

Hotel amazing and staff helpful and friendly, food brilliant....fresh fish..fresh coffee and croissants....what more can I say?!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Zippythailand1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We travel lots across Europe for business and leisure, so have a good view on what is a 4 star hotel and this is defintely not one of them, in fact I would say it is a budget hotel with maybe 2 stars. My wife lost her luggage, so not a good start. Arrived at the hotel at 11pm, only to find that our room had been double booked. After an hour of debate on what they were going to do about it, they found us a room 101 (not sea view as booked 3 months before hols) but the most basic room I have ever stayed in which was next to the lift and over the reception. We complained, but it didn't get us anywhere, because the manager suddenly stopped speaking English and shrugged his shoulders, so we spent the night in 101, with hardly any sleep and checked out in the morn and moved into PIKES for 4 nights, which was different class and thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BONDMEISTER
ny, ny
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Upon arriving at the Hotel Simbad, my room that had been guaranteed wasn't ready, so we were forced to wait at the pool for 3 hours and were charged 20 Euros for towels…even though they were at fault for not having our room ready. When we finally got to our "sea view" room, the windows faced a parking lot. You had to go out on the balcony, lean over it and turn your head to the right to see the water. When I told the front desk, the response was "so you're telling me you can see the water, right?". Ridiculous! After telling them it was unacceptable, they laughed and finally gave us a room with a sea view. They would have just given us a lesser room had we not complained. The clientele is on the older side and the hotel, despite a renovated lobby, is very rundown. There were several pretty hotels in the same neighborhood. AND my boyfriend got food poisoning from the breakfast buffet! The hotel is affordable, but is worth food poising and ants in your room?

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I booked this hotel based on the reviews from Tripadvisor and glad I did - the hotel deserves all the good reviews. It's located in a nice , quiet area - right on the beach with a view on Ibiza town. The area is not touristy, so perfect if you look for some peace and quiet sometimes. The hotel has a comtemporary design, nice lobby with plenty of couches, nice bar, nice restaurant and a large terrace overlooking the sea. I booked half board and glad I did. The food in this hotel is excellent, a lot of variety and always fresh. Dishes change every day and you can a cook make special meats for you. Service is friendly without being over the top. Although all the waiters speak english, they all speak to you in Spanish, which adds to the charm. Staff is attentive and efficient.

Breakfast is wonderfull, always freshly squeezed orange juice without any additional charges, fresh coffee, plenty of dishes from croissants, pains au chocolat to mozzarella and tomato - and again , a cook can make you fresh scrambled eggs or omelettes - all without extra charges. This is quiet rare these days

You can easily put any extra charges on your room - just hand out your room key and you just sign. Prices for extra's are very reasonable for a 4 star hotel. Beer is just E 2.50 and coffee around E 1.50.

The hotel also got a nice wellness area - this is not a swimming pool, but a hydro jet pull so you get massaged. There's a sauna, whirlpool and jet showers as well as a small fitness room with stairmasters , weights and treadmills.

The rooms are large, with flatscreen tv''s and large cupboards. Bathrooms are spacious and nicely decorated. The bedrooms are basically decorated and perhaps not to my taste (although it is quiet new, it has this 70's look with wood - not my preference) and the beds are rather hard. But hey, you can't have it all. Every room has a nice large balcony too.

If you are looking to stay in a 4 star hotel without paying a hefty price - I would defenitely recommend staying here. I stayed in many hotels in my life, and this has probably been the best one for quality / price. For kids this hotel is probably not the best choice, since the hotel has an outdoor swimming pool which is rather basic and could be quiet crowded too, but the beach is also next door.

When I go back to Ibiza, I will stay in this hotel again - without doubt !

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank Pim B
shrewsbury
Reviewed April 6, 2009

The journey to the hotel left me a little worried, it seemed quite far from town and down a little track to get to Talamanca. However when the coach stopped outside Hotel Simbad with it's marbled beutifully lit exterior, I was delighted. I wasn't disappointed on entering the beautiful reception to be greeted by the frendly receptionist. Our room was clean with ample storage and a lovely balcony looking out on to the bay - so glad we were upgraded (for free!) to the beach view side. The bar had a very modern feel as did the outside decking which you could take your meals out to. The food was beautiful with plenty of choice and a chef on duty each night to cook meat from fresh, it was a shame this hadn't been explained to us as it took us two night to work out it was open to all.

The beauty of the location was that it was far enough from town to have a lovely peaceful holiday, but only a fifteen minute walk along the beautifully decked beach walk to night life. There was also a well stocked supermarket thirty seconds walk from the hotel.

The hotel facilities were great, with a small gym, sauna, jacuzzi, power shower and small pool - all beautifully clean. The only gripe was that the outdoor pool wasn't heated so having visited in October I never ventured in- it was freezing!

We had a perfect holiday, I can't think of any negatives and I would love to visit again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShrewsburyPusskins
Cheshire, UK
Reviewed March 13, 2009

This hotel is in a stunning location. It is far enough away from the town but a good trek on foot to Ibiza town if you have no car. I would certainly reccommend a car particularly if you go out of season, as we did (Oct). As someone else has rightly said, Ibiza closes in October. We were not there for the nightlife but even many shops and bars were closed too. The weather was abismal (storms) in October so there are very limited things to do. Fortunately this hotel had the indoor pool/jacuzzi to ocupy a teenage boy but very little else in the bad weather. The hotel is spotless and staff all very friendly and helpul. The rooms were a decent size and the staff had put a full size bed in the room for our son rather than the usual pullout bed. We thought the beds were very comfortable but this is an individual taste. We had a high floor room with sea views which were lovely. We were half board and thank goodness we were because we would have struggled to eat out here. The food in the restaurant was of a high standard and variable each day. Overall a very good quality hotel in a lovely spot. I would definately reccommend it and would also return in the warmer season.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank DollyDimpel
NJ/NY
Reviewed February 17, 2009

stayed September 2008
PLUSES ++
I stayed at the Simbad Hotel, and truly fell in love with this hotel. It is on Talamanca beach, and close to many quaint restaurants. It is close enough to Ibiza town and Pacha club, but far enough away to rest in peace. The quality of the food in the restaurant is very good quality, and they offer a wide variety of choices along with chef/grill for specialty on-demand requests. The staff are very attentive and friendly. The hotel has been renovated and the public spaces are modern and comfortable. The hotel and rooms are clean.

Minuses - - :-(
While this hotel has been renovated recently, the rooms are lacking in quality comfort bedding. This is a true key element for me when traveling. My husband and I hard a very challenging time sleeping on these ( what they called -new) beds. It felt like just box springs missing the mattress tops. By the morning I felt as if I had wire springs engrained in my flesh. We had to put many layers of blankets, pillows and comforters to sleep on top of, in order to even fall asleep. Also, I felt like the AC could have worked better. It felt as if it were a soft breeze, rather than a cooling effect.

I would beg the management to sleep on one of these beds and see what I am talking about. And, please replace or upgrade these beds. It is a shame to be losing business because of this one very fixable flaw.

Other than this one slight nuance, this hotel is 4 stars all the way. I am hoping to stay there again this year.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amandasr73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talamanca
Hotel Argos
#3 of 10 in Talamanca
Hotel Torre del Mar
Hotel Torre del Mar
#7 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Simbad Hotel? Share your experiences!