“Good location and great view!”
Review of Hotel Argos

Hotel Argos
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Talamanca
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The hotel had a perfect location on the beach with a walking distance (20 min) to Ibiza town. The room was good but make sure you book one with a sea view!! The cleaning ladies was great! (Taught me how to say soap in Spanish, haha) The rest of the staff okay. Breakfast was good if you like sweets... They had an automatic orange juice press, freshly squeezed juice every morning. The pool area could be better, but I don't like to hang out by the pool so that didn't bother me.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Argos

Reviewed June 12, 2014

stayed 5 nights. room ok, clean, breakfast ok, even with poor coffee. the dinner dining room reminds my military service . the bar is also sad, except on the terrace. with a bit more effort in terms of attitude and decoration it could deserve the 4 stars it claims . here the stars are only in line with the price .....which might be all right for IBIZA, but internationally is difficult to justify . the pool is ok, the beach so and so . and the staff attitude at reception desk should definitely be more proactive
to call those 2 rooms a spa is also quite ambitious

Room Tip: better with sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We booked into the Hotel without issue. Our room overlooked the local Spar shop and surrounding buildings which was fine. The Hotel provided a high chair and cot bed that was pre ordered. The cot bed was made up ready and our daughter had a fab sleep in it. The room has a fridge which was very small internally and we struggled to store large bottled water and food in it as it also functions as the minibar.

The beds were comfy and clean. The bathroom was also very clean and functional. I asked reception for an Iron and I was provided with one for the duration of our stay complete with board.

Nice balcony area where you can chill with a beer and also very quiet at night.

Room service available with sandwhiches and pool side type food able to be delivered to your room upon request.

Staff including the cleaners are very friendly and approachable. The bar tender was kind and very helpful and assisted us with our daughter as this was our first trip away supplying high chairs and cleaning the tables etc.

Close to the Hotel are various beech side restaraunts and Cafe's with a chilled out feel. LaCaxa (cash point) is a 10 min walk so you can draw money at a small cost. Short walk to IBIZA town along the harbour so ideal location yo explore if you prefer quieter surroundings.

The evening meals were good with Chili con Carne, fish, meat etc. Breakfast also good with fresh orange juice, cereals. Yoghurt, croissants. Randomly had chicken nuggets but they went down well.

Pool area small but nice sunbeds were limited.

All in all a great stay and we will deffinately return.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Just returned from a very enjoyable stay at the Argos. Cannot fault the place.
We booked a sea view room, and the bay vista is fantastic. Ibiza Town is a 7 Euro taxi ride away, buses are rare, and it's a fair walk, but the taxis are easy enough to flag down.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view room. Get in quick before they sell, out.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter J
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have stayed here many times over the last decade. As a family-run hotel, you get warm, friendly service. Facilities are very good + a huge choice of items at inclusive breakfast. However, best of all is the lovely, quiet, location overlooking Talamanca bay - a sea view room is a must! Only 20mins walk from the centre of Ibiza Town or via water ferry.

I strongly recommend if you are visiting Ibiza.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea-view room - it's worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I loved this hotel, I hope the owners read this because they have such a little jewel and with with a few small but important improvements.some it could shine!
The good.
I knew of this hotel as stayed in apartments overlooking the hotel some years ago. We went to have a look for the future but the dated interior was off putting at the time. Having another look because of the location and then seeing that the rooms had been renovated this inspired me to book it although the other parts of the hotel still looked dated. The location of the hotel is really good, amazing views from the sea view rooms overlooking Talamanca Beach which is safe and has several beach bars scattered around the peaceful bay. Ibiza Town is on your doorstep via Water Taxi ( high season only) situated opposite the hotel Corso, a good 3 mins walk away from the hotel, the water taxi goes from Marina Botafoch to Ibiza Town from about 10am daily every 15 mins until 1 am in high season which is perfect. Alternatively if you feel more active and with comfy shoes on, you can walk from the hotel into Ibiza town which is approx 4 miles round trip. Its a lovely stole in the evening as most of it is along the wide footpath which runs the length of Botafoch.
Although there is room for some very important, the Argos Hotel is a little gem. Its spotlessly clean, I have never stayed in either a 4 or 5 start hotel that has been cleaned to this standard.
The rooms are very minimal but I liked that, Lots of hot water a clean fluffy white towels. You can get Beach Towels from reception for a deposit of 10 Euros, you can change your towels as much as you like and at the end of your stay they give you back your deposit when the towels are returned. The charged for drinks at the bar were very reasonable, I had read on Trip Adviser that the staff were awful, maybe they had taken notice and done something to improve that? Bar one older lady on reception which i will explain later, we had the opposite experience and found the staff very friendly, helpful and generally really nice people. Nothing was too much trouble, the staff are such an important part of your holiday and can ruin it or make it and they certainly help to make our holiday.
The indoor pool is fab and so warm, it was lovely at the end of the day to have a swim as the outdoor pool is not heated and in April although the sun was out it was a tad too cold to use.
Good part about the food, lovely fresh fruit, fresh bread, puddings and the fresh fish every night was lovely although smothered in garlic butter all the time.. shame! Fresh orange juicer.The pillows which are usually a big let down were remarkably acceptable, a choice of soft and hard, great touch.
The Bad
OMG the beds, they are HARD!..A major let down for this hotel! I real shame! I don't have a bad back unless I sleep on a hard bed and they made my back seriously ache, i was in serious agony most of my holiday and never slept properly at all! Although the young lady on reception had my mattress changed to a foam one it was still too hard and so small next to my husbands bed we may as well have been in separate rooms. My back improved marginally but not enough for me to sleep properly without waking up in pain but i was coping. Then frustratingly the family from hell with three children moved into the room next door and although we understood that the soundproofing had been done it was not significant enough to dull this unruly family so we moved rooms. Again the young lady helped and gave us a quite room which was bliss, however the bed only had one mattress on top of the two bases and the hotel did not change the mattress to the slightly better hard foam one for me. I asked an older lady at reception explaining the problem the beds again to her asked if they had mattress toppers at all? She could not care less by her tone, her answer was to shrug her shoulders, roll down her bottom lip, raising her eyebrows and tell me they are new beds and they don't have mattress toppers! very rude and not accommodation at all and she did not give a hoot about me or my problem clearly. I said that every hotel i have ever stayed in have mattress toppers and maybe it is something they should consider!. I ended up having to put two sunbed cushions under the sheets for the last two nights which looked ridiculous were far too small to sleep on properly, were really hot too, but i woke with no pain which was bliss. My husband who can sleep on a log also had back ache due to the mattress's.
The hotel have spent a small fortune upgrading the rooms but the most important thing to offer a guest is a good night sleep and they have installed cheap nasty mattresses that are far too hard so that they last. I rent out property and good beds are a basic requirement. I have just stayed in a Premier Inn this weekend and the beds were fantastic! maybe the owners should send the management over to the UK and go check it out. Note to hotel, not everyone like to sleep on a hard bed so invest in mattress toppers! and respect that your guest have a valid point when they are struggling to sleep and spend the rest of the day in agony! Note to guest who don't like hard beds who are due to go, budget £100 extra and go visit the local Ikea and buy yourself a mattress topper!
The food was hit and miss, it was occasionally ok but mostly just adequate, we did not go hungry but dinner was not something to get excited about just to fill you up on the good bits stated above.. If your expecting anything more you will be disappointed. If your a vegetarian you will have to find somewhere else to eat. My daughter is a vegetarian and wont eat anything that has eyes, does not do mushrooms or eggs, so it would not be a good hotel food wise for her.
I watch my weight and there were no healthy options, everything was always covered or soaked in butter or dressing of some kind. The potatoes ( not the chips) the fish, the salad dressing or oil on everything. Even the lettuce had dressing poured over it every night and the lovely tomato and onions which i love had revolting slithers of oily fish piled on top of it every night. It would be so much better to offer everything separably so people have more choice.
Breakfast was marginally better but it is beyond me that why they put out chicken nuggets for breakfast and streaks of fat offered as a poor excuse for bacon. The menu is not geared up for us English or those who like good food.
We like to brew our tea bags in the cup before adding milk so had to spoon it from a cup of milk at the table, not a 4 star experience. Little milk jugs for the milk would have been easier. We holiday 4 times a year in both 4 and 5 star hotels and this food and the beds were not 4 star hotel. You wont go hungry as I said and everything is cooked well, maybe a tad cold but cooked well, its just very limited and smothered in stuff.
My suggestions which would make this hotel fantastic are
Go buy some good quality mattress toppers
Offer tea and coffee facilities in our room at an extra charge for that facility if its makes it easier to do so.
Offer DVD or CD rental too, would have been a great touch as the only English channel was BBC Worldwide news. Although we read, It would have been nice to have the option of a DVD as in April its a bit cold at night and most places are closed in the evening
Introduce some healthier options to your menus

The suggestions above are small ones and would make this hotel into the Real Little Gem that it could be so easily.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lollipopdreams
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My complaints are so picky, perhaps, that I am sorry to suggest: a more imaginative buffet, both breakfast and dinner, especially the later. AS well, why not with small placards indicate what the food item IS. AND dinner being from 7:30 PM is late. While the staff tried, their first language is Spanish and mine is English. BUT the service in the dining room is excellent and efficient.

Room Tip: There ARE seaside view rooms. We thought we had one, but did not. Luckily, the street side, for me...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bud101
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talamanca
Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul
#7 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
THB Los Molinos
THB Los Molinos
#3 of 52 in Ibiza Town

Been to Hotel Argos? Share your experiences!