“Fabulous stay at Ocean Drive” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Ocean Drive Ibiza

Hotel Ocean Drive Ibiza
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Talamanca
Ibiza, Spain
“Fabulous stay at Ocean Drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights.
We only have fantastic things to say about Ocean Drive Hotel:

Sparkling clean and beautifully decorated with fresh flowers and neat artwork.
We had a 3rd story end room with a balcony with a nice view of the rest of Talamanca and part of the marina. We love the fact that it’s literally across the street from restaurants, a grocery store, and the ferry that goes to Ibiza town (hang out area and services for tourists). There is traffic noise but when you close the double pane balcony door, 97% of the noise is shut out. I was really impressed by this. We had no trouble sleeping. Don’t let the close proximity to a main street and roundabout scare you off. It’s not a problem at all. The air conditioning is great. The free internet is adequate. I don’t think any part of the island has super fast internet. Even the more expensive Ibiza Gran Hotel (10 minutes walk away) had internet issues. Lovely beach is just behind this hotel - 2 minute walk.

We want to thank the extraordinary friendly and competent staff - Eva, Sandy, Maria, Stefi, Milena, Manager Enrique and Dexter who helped us with our bags. The cleaning crew was also fantastic. And we will not forget the people in the bar who brought about a dozen buckets of ice to our room at different times of the day and night (with smiles). The staff printed and faxed a few work documents for us for free which saved us the hassle of looking for a printer/fax. We were treated like royalty from the time we arrived through departure. When I booked this hotel I thought that it was pricey relative to other hotel rates but now I feel it’s completely worth the price. We’d definitely come back. Oh, the view from the rooftop Chill Out Bar/hang out area is fabulous!

The only thing I feel badly about is not having the budget to give everyone a great big tip for they earned it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank leannascott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
East Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

i couldnt really find fault with the place except that it is definately overpriced.
Our room was immaculate but not big, nicely decorated.
Mini bar with no alcohol and a comfy bed.
But £125.00 for one night out of season , no breakfast is simply too much.
To be honest i would expect more for my money or be charged less.
Stayed only one night as couldnt justify the money for longer.
It was described as 10 minutes from Ibiza town but is more like a good 30 minutes walk.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lancethecook
Uxbridge, Middlesex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

Hotel is in a great location, directly opposite the marina. We arrived at the bus stop directly adjacent to the hotel on the 12B bus (12A is the return bus direct to Eivissa (Ibiza Town) as the 12B continues via outlying towns and takes about 40 mins). During a friendly and welcoming check in, we were told that we had been upgraded to a room with a marina view, which was well maintained and contemporary in style and had the bonus of a balcony. A couple of things didn't hit the mark though - the chill out bar on the hotel roof was closed throughout our stay as it was deemed "chilly", this despite a flier in the lift advertising the opening times. The room directory indicated that the mini bar (softs only) would be replenished daily but it wasn't and the flannels were not replaced during room make up - these were pointed out to management and identified as new season staff learning the ropes. The bonus of a marina view room is somewhat tempered by the increased noise - I don't know where they go to but there is a procession of lorries trundling past at all hours, and unless you sleep like the proverbial log then earplugs are a must. Having said all that, a pleasant stay was had!

Room Tip: For sleepers, consider a non-marina view room!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank simonjolty
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

The staff were courteous, professional, obliging and genuinely helpful. The rooms are attractively designed, functional and the glass bathrooms is a highlight. The location of the hotel would have to be the best in Ibiza, everything can be reached on foot, there are any number of excellent restaurants within walking distance. We also enjoyed our meal at the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

my favourite hotel in ibiza and have tried quite a few , the staff cant do enough for you , the location is excellent for getting pretty much anywhere on the island , the rooms ( particularly the suites ) are very nice since the refurb , breakfast are excellent and can be had until late , roof top bar is a good new addition and although hotel doesnt hava a pool talamanca beach is only next door . restaurant is also better than you might expect and does a very reasonable priced buffet lunch .

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

Choosing this hotel was an excellent decision for my trip to Ibiza. I was won over both by the place, and by the staff. I'll try not to overstate the obvious, and talk about those often-overlooked things that can make or break a good hotel. Yes, the location is probably the best in Ibiza, and yes, the rooms are top-of-the-range. But having said that, any fool can buy expensive furniture and toss it in with absolutely no taste whatsoever (just watch a rapper, or any nouveau riche for that matter), but it is an entirely different thing to "make it all fit". The room was not big and narrow, so from the beginning it is harder for the designer to create the feeling of space, but a few well-placed mirrors give the narrow hallway the impression of a much bigger volume. The whole room feels cozy, and never cramped. Materials are top-tier, and elemental: stone, wood, leather, metal and glass. "Understated luxury" comes to mind when you look at the whole - everything feels expensive to the touch and to the eye, but it is never ostentatious, but rather like an English butler, who does his job efficiently and discretely. The general feeling was that of great materials integration, and clever use of space. Perhaps that's why I compare this to the bedroom of a luxury private yacht - using the given space to the maximum, the best finishes and amenities, and the best lighting, to create a luxurious, but also homey atmosphere.
The other thing that mattered very much to me was the kindness of the staff to their guests, who went beyond the usual courtesy of their job to accommodate us. I arranged a limousine transfer from the airport to the hotel, through the hotel. I asked for a certain type of car, but another car waited for us at the arrival hall. I told the reception about this, and by the time I checked out they said that because of the mismatch, I don't have to pay anything, because it was their mistake. I was totally won over for their gesture. I however told them that I wasn't really angry (this other car was in the same category, just slightly older and with a diesel engine), I just wanted to know what had happened. It's gestures like this, that set the difference between an expensive hotel, and an excellent hotel, and by handling us as guests with this degree of care, that guaranteed that if I will ever want to stay in the area again, I will choose this hotel, as well as recommending them with no reserve to all of my friends who would want to visit this island.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

Upon arrival, I thought the hotel looked more 3 stars than 4. Tiny parking area and very basic reception. However, check in was very quick and within 2 minutes I was in my room. The first thing that I noticed about the room (double deluxe) was how small it was compared to other 4 star hotels. However, the rooms are very modern with a nice balcony overlooking the sea and the old town. I didn't sleep much in my first night as the room faces the road and I could hear trucks coming and going al night. Surely, quality double glazing should be a requirement for a 4 star hotel. The pillows were not great either.I tried to drown the noise by switching the air conditioner but only hot air was turned on. In the morning I woke up with screetching noises upstairs which sounded like cleaning and moving furniture

The staff at reception were wonderful, always willing to help, very knowledgeable and really made the difference. The staff at breakfast were also very nice (except last day when a poor lady was on her own serving the whole hotel and it took ages to get coffee and eggs). Try the pancakes, highly recommended. The breakfast itself was better than what I expected but stay away from the juices. Very bad quality

Don't get me wrong, this is a good hotel in a good location surrounded by very good restaurants and cafes, I just expected more from a 4 star hotel. Did I mention no pool?

I would recommend this hotel if noise is not an issue for you

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talamanca
THB Los Molinos
#3 of 10 in Talamanca
Royal Plaza Hotel
Royal Plaza Hotel
#12 of 50 in Ibiza Town

Been to Hotel Ocean Drive Ibiza? Share your experiences!