“Rural paradise with warm hospitality”

Hotel Rural Can Pujolet
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We are grateful for nine truly delightful days in this very recommendable fincahotel. Can Pujolet is located in the most beautiful landscape of Ibiza, in the northwestern part oft he island. It offers a spectacular (270°) view over wide valleys and hills, is absolutely calm – „you hear the silence“ – and combines the charm of an antique typical ibizan farm house with all modern facilities of a first class hotel. An ingenious idea was to use the typical form of these houses in such a way that every room or apartment has a rather big terrace mostly with no insight from the other rooms. A really big swimming pool – usable in these April days of 2011 – with a well equipped pool aerea including the summer kitchen and bar which serves freshly prepared meals from 10 to 22 hours is located in such a distance from the main house that noises from the pool users are considerably reduced.
After a 15 Minutes walk one reaches the steap coast with one of he most beautiful „cala“ of he island – an idoneous place to watch the sunset. Within 30 Minutes one finds a typical restaurant of the island, but one doesn't really need it because Can Pujolet offers from snacks to „solomillos“ and „gambas“ (accompanied by fresh vegetables from the big garden and agricultural aereas) all one needs.
The great facilities are crowned by the personalities which run the business, starting with the charming, passionate and vivacoius owner and creator Nina. She had lived in the old farmhouse (ruin) without water and electricity for 11 years before she founded this paradise and invested the new Can Pujolet fincahotel about 10 years ago. She knows every angle of the island and is extremely helpful when it comes to tips for he right restaurant, walk, cultural event or whatsoever. Her housekeeper for six years is Sandra, a warm and helpful servant to her guests - busy as a bee.
A very recommendable house for those who love the country side, silence, nature and warm hospitality. A (rented) car is a must. The location is suited as a base camp to systemnatically investigate all secrets and scenic beauties of this Ibiza.

Room Tip: For us it is room No. 4
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Imhoffj

Reviewed March 3, 2011

This is the first time I have ever written a hotel review. I was quite reluctant to do so only because I did not want to give away such a big secret. CAN PUJOLET IS A DREAM COME TRUE.

It is just the place I had always hoped of finding. It was no surprise that when I read the other reviews of the hotel, another person wrote, “it is my favorite hotel. Not just in Ibiza. In the world.” I feel exactly the same way. If I had the chance to go and stay anywhere in the world, I would chose Can Pujolet. I grew up traveling to far off places and enjoying the luxuries of 5 star resorts and I can honestly say that nothing compares to what I experience at Can Pujolet. It gives you a sense of home away from home and as a place it reminds you how to slow down, enjoy life and remember these carefree and peaceful feelings you have as a child.

While there is a certain unexplainable magic about Can Pujolet, there are also many specific details that make it such a rare find:

The hotel is situated in the idyllic countryside near the village of Santa Agnes in the north part of the island. If you are not familiar with Ibiza, it is important to understand the north side of the island has an authenticity and an understated old world charm that will make you fall in love with it and want to return again and again. While you will need a car, the island is quite small and I would not recommend staying in the city center.

Can Pujolet is designed in the traditional “finca” style of Ibiza, full of charm and relating to the history and culture of the island. The rooms are beautifully decorated and include thoughtful details like bowls full of fresh almonds that come straight from the trees on the property. The pool is perfect and loved our lazy afternoons swimming and relaxing.

The location/grounds are extraordinary. The hotel is located next to a natural reserve and is situated on the top of a hillside with beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. The grounds include orchards of plum, fig, olive and almond trees as well as a beautiful organic garden, all of which is reflected in the fresh juices and delicious meals. Just a short walk away is quite literally the most spectacular vista that I HAVE EVER SEEN. Sitting and watching the sunset in this place is something that I will not easily forget.

Nina (the owner) has lived in Ibiza since the 70’s. She has a unique perspective, warmth and generosity. She will share with you all of her favorites – beaches, restaurants, walks to explore. Having the benefit of her advice made it possible for me to see and experience hidden gems of the island that I never would have known of otherwise. With Nina, I felt as though I was a member of the extended family and will be friends for years to come.

Finally, the experience at Can Pujolet, reminded me of the benefit on the tourism industry. That being a tourist and staying in a hotel, could be so much more than a superficial experience of leisure. I left Can Pujolet, feeling fully recharged and with a new perspective. I give Can Pujolet my highest recommendation and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
6  Thank kauai_ibz
Reviewed September 4, 2010

We stayed at Can Pujolet out of chance and felt so lucky to have stumbled upon it. Not only is the hotel beautiful, the setting unique and the service optimum, but the owner, Nina, takes time to sit down with you and give you precious advice on all the best spots to suit your needs. Having lived in in Ibiza for over 20 years, she knows it all and made our stay even more special.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lauraesimone
Reviewed July 31, 2010

The spot itself is amazing, with unique views of wild Ibiza hills, bush and cliffs.
All around are beautiful olive trees and figue gardens as well as tasty plums, all of this far away from the crowd.
The decor in the mansion house is refined in its simplicity.
We strongly advise room nr 4, the "junior suite" with its terrace.
One has the impression of being on his own; the way rooms are displayed allows for hardly meeting other guests, apart from when having a great meal at the pool restaurant.
The service is discreet and efficient: your room is being cleaned-up very swiftly as soon as you leave it. The restaurant staff is very pleasant.
Nina, the landlady seconded by her daughter, is there to provide guests with the best advice, always with a smile: the wildest beach or the nicest restaurant. She always makes it!
We'll be most happy to return to Can Pujolet at another occasion, and can certainly recommend that place in all confidence. Ideal for couples on their own, or with young children. Teenagers might feel a bit too far from the closest beach or club, which was precisely what we were looking for.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jan230763
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Spent four nights in June in Can Pujolet with my boyfriend and two other friends (also a couple). It really is as nice as the photos appear on the website. Beautiful and peaceful location and the silence is pure bliss! (The most you hear is a cockerel in the morning and the odd dog barking)

You definitely need a car when staying here as its in a very rural location circa 25 minute drive to Ibiza town. But if you are lucky you may have a friend who does not drink very much and doesn't mind driving all the time like us! Its a great location to discover much of the island particularly north and west that you may not usually get to if you stay closer to Ibiza town like me usually. We visited very lovely picturesque villages like San Carlos and Santa Gertrudis amongst many others. One great place to watch the sunset is a bar called Ashram in Playa de Cala Conta south west of San Antonio which I would recommend! Also another gorgeous restaurant I would recommend is La Plaza in Sta. Gertrudis (971 197075).

Rooms were lovely, bright and spacious and furnished in typical Spanish decor, lots of beautiful wood etc. We stayed in a standard double room for E130 which I thought was pretty reasonable compared to other places I have stayed on the island previously although this obviously takes into account the rural location. We had a lovely terrace area with table, chairs and two loungers with separate rear access to our room also. The room was cleaned every day and plenty of fresh towels etc.

The pool area was lovely and really chilled any time we hung out there. The breakfast dining area is by the pool and you can also order snacks, lunch and dinner throughout the day. The manager/owner of the place was lovely and really helpful. She gave us great tips for places to see the sunset and beaches etc. The only member of staff that was rude and unfriendly was one of the guys who served us breakfast most mornings and it seemed to be a problem each time we came to breakfast and asked for basic breakfast items (yoghurt for granola) which they had one morning and then the next they seemed to have run out of everything! Also didn't think there was enough basic items like fresh fruit and pasteries but I guess its a personal thing so depends on what you like for breakfast! He didn't seem to like that we needed a table for 4 each morning and made a big deal of setting 4 places up even though after the 1st morning he should have expected it. We suspected he was just being lazy and annoyed that we turned up to breakfast 10 minutes before it ended which was 11am by the way! (we are on holidays after all).

However that was the only negative thing I could say about Can Pujolet and pretty much everything else was really great. Would totally recommend this agroturismo as long as you realise you are a good drive from Ibiza town and the general south of island if you wanna go there in the evening but if you are just looking for some place to chill and relax and not bothered about heading into Ibiza in the evening then this is PERFECT!

One thing to mention the owner has the most beautiful dog called Sua who is a golden retriever and just gorgeous and very friendly so if you love dogs you are in for a treat!

Also for those people with kids, I only saw one couple with a small baby whilst I was there so they are clearly open for business for families.

There are only a handful of loungers and parasols around the pool so I could see it getting busy and having no lounger if you came to the pool in the late afternoon and all the guests had decided to hang by the pool that day.

There is free WIFI here but for whatever reason you cannot access it from the bedroom and only the ground floor area of the main house or the pool area.

1  Thank Pallison31
Reviewed July 3, 2010

In the interests of honesty and openness, I should start with an admission: Can Pujolet is my favourite hotel; not in Ibiza, but in the world. That's why, for the first time in my life, I'm writing a trip advisor report, despite my selfish concern that by publicising the best secret in Ibiza, it might become more difficult to reserve a room there at peak times!

So, now that's out in the open, I should explain why I like it so much.

Most important is attention to detail in the finca's design and lay out, including the stunning pool. Can Pujolet pulls off something that very few hotels do; effortless style that is sympathetic to the surrounding environment and feels comfortable.

Next is the location, tucked away up a dirt track on the hills outside Santa Agnes. This area remains remarkably unspoilt and rural, despite being relatively close (about a 15 minute drive) from the madness of San Antonio. The local villages are beautiful (especially the area around San Mateo), and particularly peaceful. From the hotel, all that is visible is pine and olive trees and the clear blue skies above. No roads, buildings and other reminders of the world outside. A short walk up the hill leads to a beautiful vista over the Med with the dramatic back drop of Ibiza's cliffs. Well worth the effort for the sunset (far better than the hyped sun set strip in San An').

The owner of the Can Pujolet (Nina) is always around to give guidance on places to go and see and to help with queries, and the staff are unobtrusive but friendly. The guests have, in my experience, been very considerate and come from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures.

If you're looking for a place to stay where there's a lot of party action and music, this is definitely NOT the place for you. If you're happy to drive to places that cater for that and want a peaceful retreat afterwards, or just want the peaceful bit, you would be mad not to take a look.

Reviewed June 22, 2010

We have travelled extensively throughout the world but Can Pujolet is a rare find - a real home from home. The location amidst an organic farm in the beautiful north of Ibiza is peaceful, rustic but completely charming. We stayed there for 10 days in June prior to a good friend of mine's wedding at Es Cucons down the road.

We chose Can Pujolet because it was not all style and hype but rather a relaxing and informal place to really unwind. We had a Suite close to the entrance but this was not a problem as the hotel is extremely peaceful and our wonderful room looked over the valley to the south and benefited from refreshing breezes making it very easy to sleep at night. The bed was large and comfortable and we slept like logs - always a benefit. We had a beautiful terrace which actually we hardly used as we loved the laughter and company down by the pool. The swimming pool is lovely - a real swimmers paradise, big enough and deep enough to properly swim and actually extremely large for a pool for a 20 person hotel. I swam every day before after going to the beach and ran around the amzing countryside of Les Amants the park that Can Pujolet is located in.

Nina, the owner, gave us loads of very good suggestions about the best beaches and restaurants to go to. We visited many great beaches she reminded us were the best - such as Cala Comte for the amazing turquoise sea and swimming and amazing sunsets in the west and to Es Cavallet and a few of the really local beaches in the east which were family filled but so very friendly and fun.

Previously we stayed at Atzaro a few years ago which we enjoyed very much but all style and size now and no heart. Can Pujolet is like staying with friends and ones that do not demand much of you but are always around to help you or get what you need.

We found the food available at Can Pujolet to be very good - delicious and generous portions although arguably not so cheap. But then again Can Pujolet never know how many people will be eating in that day so sometimes when everyone decides to eat there you might not always get your first choice. The alternatives however are always wonderful and you know that the food is incredibly fresh and not taken out of a freezer. Previous visitors have complained about the food we cannot understand why we found the food to be

If you are not just into flash and like to let the beautiful surroundings do the talking this is truly the place for you. You know you are staying in a happy place the staff always had large smiles, a cheery word and lots of happy laughter whilst carrying out their daily duties. This is the sign of a happy and fun hotel that Can Pujolet clearly is. We will definitely be back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Agnes de Corona
#1 of 97 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Iberostar Santa Eulalia
Iberostar Santa Eulalia
#4 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Hotel Rural Can Pujolet? Share your experiences!