“No longer understand what's expected. ”
Review of El mirador

El mirador
Ranked #11 of 41 Restaurants in Mercadal
Cuisines: European
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

I eat out in the UK At least once a week and am fortunate to have excellent restaurants nearby. I suppose I have the mentality that you should get what you pay for. So I've never had a bad meal at Mirador in 20 years. I've always found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. If you don't want chips or want another variation just ask! Sadly after Brexit Brits abroad will complain even more when they can't get a bucket of beers for 9 euros and a decent fillet steak for 20 euros. Stay at home with the occasional visit to Wetherspoons! By the way they offer excellent value.

1  Thank Kenneth P

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant the 1st night of our stay and returned another 3 times in 7 days. It was on our doorstep from the Apartment too which was a bonus. This eatery boasts a lovely view over the bay, has its own swimming pool for during the day and a good menu at reasonable prices. They offer a 3 course menu at around €15. However the food off the main menu was our order. The mixed seafood grill was my personal favourite. My other half was very happy with the Hake & Prawns with a very nice sauce. Considering she rarely eats seafood. The staff are very friendly, we got to know them quite well and visited on our last night. I would advise anybody to visit this restaurant during your stay. There was something about it that the other places didn't have. Although I can't put my finger on it.

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

We had a meal at el mirador just round the corner from the hotel the waiter service was less than friendly, the waiter who took our order never made any attempt to chat , he didn't smile or speak other than to ask how we wanted the stakes , the fillet stake was €21 which isn't overly extravagant however in my opinion a fillet stake should not have any fat or grissle however this sadly wasn't the case here I left feeling we had wasted our evening dining experience and could have walked a little further and had a much better experience

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

We had decided to make the trek up the hill to this restaurant as we'd been told how good the views and food were.
They were right about the view but the food was not that special. My husband had duck which was spoilt by being served with fries but he did say the duck was tasty and made a nice change. I opted for lamb cutlets which also came with fries and didn't have much meat on them.
The staff and service were good would probably be okay for a lunchtime snack.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

We had dinner here once - staff welcoming, food very good, though smallish portions. Good quality sangria.Nice view over the bay. Reasonable value.