“Disappointed”

Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Auderghem
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2012

A group of nine, we were sat alone in the very back, colder area of the restaurant and felt pretty much forgotten all evening. We had to go to the desk to ask if we could place our order.
My friend and I each ordered the vegetarian lasagne. It was well presented but soft and mushy with little flavour besides the tomato sauce. No one came back to the table to ask if everything was alright. Tasted like cabbage rolls.
Eventually our dishes were cleared and dessert menus brought, but the waitress did not return to us for twenty minutes. At this point we had been at the restaurant for more than two hours and some of our group had to leave before dessert and coffee arrived. Creme brûlée was watery and curdled with blackened sugar on top. The lait Russe was like warm milk.
I will not return even though the tables at front of house appeared to be receiving excellent service and the atmosphere was lively. For almost 30€ for a lacklustre main, two glasses of house wine and a coffee it was overpriced considering the poor service. Not recommended for groups larger than six. You'll be exiled to the back room.

2  Thank emmabob86

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Typical Belgian Brasserie fare, good quality, good service, good atmosphere. Small list of "international" dishes, and a good value set menu. Highly recommended for visitors, captures the essence of Brussels.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a restaurant you might think about when planning a dinner out with friens.
Good mood, nice dishes and well decorated. The service, as many other Bruxelles restaurants, correct and slow. Food is ok but not something you will rebemebr forerver.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Been here a few times, and some of the waiters have not understood what waiting tables mean. They make you wait, are unfriendly, get the orders wrong and then even blame it on the customers. Once I had a bottle of wine with a bad cork, and sent it back, after which the waitress came to tell me I would have to pay for it. As I didn't give in, she went to get the chef, who tasted the bottle and agreed with me the wine was bad, so they would take the wine back. Another time I ordered scampies in garlic sauce, but instead got a curry sauce. When I told the (same) waitress I would prefer garlic sauce, she said I would then have to wait another 20 minutes, kind of forcing me to accept the sauce I didn't order. Unless this place has meanwhile understood what service actually means, I would avoid it.

1  Thank kristof1030
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The negative was a long, long wait for the first course to arrive which on bringing the plus 1 hour wait to their attention, apologies were tendered and the coffee at the end was not charged. Apparently they were one short in the kitchen. The food was not memorable but the restaurant was almost full (a Saturday evening). It has four different areas for seating, cosy interior, exterior veranda, interior upstairs under a huge glass roof and interior ground floor under the same roof.