In some hotel web pages this motel is listed as being in North Adelaide, when clearly it's in Prospect
This was the last hotel avaiable due to the Clipsal 500 race. We arrived late in the evening and was greeted by a very welcoming & helpful duty manager - Andrew. Unfortunately it's all downhill from there. We asked what restaurant was still open, there was only one Pizza place 10 mins walk away which was still open, but we were told "be careful" walking there. I guess he's implying the are is a bit dodgy.
In terms of the accommodation
- The carpet corridor to our room was smelly
- Whilst the room itself is good size, it was 70s brown brick boarding house style room & bathroom
- Windows was very very thin. Fronting a very busy road, we can hear every single car & truck passing by LOUD and CLEAR all night! It was almost like the cars & trucks were about to crash into the room!
- There were several Light fittings missing
- There were no Do Not Disturb signs, the cleaners wakes us very early everyday
- "Continental breakfast" was 4 slices of white bread and butter which was put in the bar fridge
All this for $150/night, spend your money elsewhere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn and Suites Sombrero is located 5kms north of the centre of Adelaide. We are close to Regency Park, and with good access to the Northern Industrial Precincts and Ports area. Comfort Inn and Suites Sombrero is rated by the RAA as a four star establishment. We have also undergone a lengthy and stringent process, successfully meeting the criteria to become recognised by the Australian Tourism Accreditation Association. We also offer cooked breakfast in our restaurant week days or room service. We have a spa and swimming pool which is semi enclosed to enable you to enjoy it any season. Our suites are designed to make you feel comfortable, they have queen size beds, en-suites, air-conditioning/heating, direct dial telephones, free wi-fi, flat screen televisions and the latest swipe-card access entry system. We also have fully furnished 1, 2 or 3 bedroom Townhouse Apartments. They have a fully equipped kitchen with dining room and separate lounge. All our two and three-bedroom apartments have their own laundry facilities. Its like a home away from home. Parking is not a problem as we have a large free onsite car park available which has security gates with secure after hours card access We are located within walking distance to a regional shopping precinct,with supermarkets, banks,coffee shops restaurants, gymnasiums and a large variety of shops and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Sombrero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.