“A memorable experience”

Coves de Campanet
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Campanet
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Caves of Campanet are situated in the north of the island in an unspoilt valley which captures the unique character and charm of rural Majorca. They cover an area of 3.200 Square metres. The tour, of approximately 40 minutes, will take you through beautifully decorated chambers and passageways. Deep in the caves you will see magnificient stalagmites and stalactites sculpted by water throughout millions of years. Their variety, delicacy and color are outstanding. Of scientific interest are the signs of the existence of Henrotius Jordai, an indigenous, carnivorous, blind beetle and the remains of Myotragus Balearicus, an indigenous mammal believed extinct about 4000 years ago. From the bar and spacious terrace you can enjoy the sun and the beauty of the San Miguel valley.
Mancor de la Vall, Spain
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A memorable experience”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

If you have kids and they enjoy nature and seeing unique places, the Coves of Campanet will not disappoint you. My kids really enjoyed this trip and did not stop talking about if for days. We were the last group of the day and there were no lines or problems .

1 Thank Itejada

• Polish first
uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Birthday Trip”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have visited these caves on a number of occasions it has become a family tradition. We decided to go for my daughters birthday treat. We were shocked at how expensive it had become it was almost 27 euros for 2 people. It actually doesn't take that long to go around the caves but the guide does the tour in three languages so there is always a lot of waiting around. I think if they are charging that much these days they should take smaller groups and stick to one language for each different group. The family tradition has now ended! That said if I were to visit caves on mallorca I would choose these simply for their location and being relatively unspoilt by tourism.

2 Thank staffs1Uk
England
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“still unspoilt - hope it stays that way”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I grew up in Majorca and we have always gone to visit the caves at Campanet - strangely I have never actually gone inside them myself (as I'm desperaterly claustrophobic - even though everyone says it's stunning in there) but I always take my friends and they love it. I love just going there. They have a simple cafe and the view is spectacular. They have lots of cats which my son adores and it's a easy, gentle day trip out without all the crowds and the queuing and the hustle and bustle. I have photographs of us on the terrace going back over the years. I hope it never changes

Leigh-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fascinating day out”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you like caves, these are really worth a visit. Our lovely and knowledgeable guide, Carla told us they were discovered in 1945 by a shepherd and how all the different formations were made in 3 different languages. I have visited many and have frequently been guided with a fairly bland recital about the geology but Carla clearly felt privileged to be in her job and witness to this spectacular natural beauty and showed respect with her knowledge. Though we were asked not to take photos, there was the usual members of the crowd who thought that didn't apply to them and she pointed out the damage this would cause in a diplomatic way, though clearly upset to have this natural spectacle violated. Thank you Carla for showing us around your caves and highlighting concerns of environmental damage and acid rain.

The beautiful surrounding countryside and the sound of the cicadias are also an attractive backdrop to a good quality air conditioned snack area and shop.

My only criticism was the signposting - we had great difficulty finding any signage, except from the motorway, meaning we drove far out of our way to what could have been a short route.

Visited July 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very interesting and well worth a visit!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We only spent a couple of hours here; it was well worth the time we spent but the entry fee was a little pricey. The tour lasted an hour-ish (€67 for 5 adults) followed by another hour having a lunch of baguettes and ice cream! we sat in the air conditioned area of the sunkissed terrace, overlooking the beautiful vista across to the next mountains, very picturesque and relaxing. The caves were stunning, the tour guide very informative and the staff very friendly. Tours leave roughly once an hour so you can arrive whenever you want and wait for the next one, but this means you can't book in advance. Definitely worth visiting but there are around 200 steps in and around the caves so don't take a pushchair!

Visited July 2013