“Do not trust this hotel or Expedia! Be very wary!”

and 1 more site!
The Sea Hotel by Grupotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Santa Margalida
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Do not trust this hotel or Expedia! Be very wary!”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Arrived at this hotel as an independent booking through Expedia.co.uk. It was paid for weeks in advance and confirmed. We know Can Picafort well and booked this hotel due to good reviews and the excellent beach location.
On arrival we were told the hotel was overbooked and were offered some alternative sub-standard accommodation 50Km away, which we declined.
Eventually we were accommodated at the Viva Mallorca hotel for 1 night (wonderful place!) and advised that the Santa Fe did have availability from then on. This turned out to be a complete lie. They were offering us the bel vue in Alcudia as an alternative, (see the reviews on this web site, It is labelled "Hell view"). The hotel was very overbooked and many other guests were being relocated. We refused this and despite Expedia and the Santa Fe having our money already, we ended up paying ourselves to stay at the Hotel Gran Playa for 1 night. We were told there were no rooms available in the resort at all, yet we found this hotel ourselves and it is on the same street and only 2 hotels down from the Santa Fe. There was a final attempt by Expedia/Santa Fe to find accommodation for the rest of our holiday which failed as it is high season and everywhere seemed full, unless you were happy to stay in a rubbish hotel. So 2 days into our 10 day holiday we have paid additional costs to fly home, as there is no where to stay that is suitable for a family.
Expedia are currently unwilling to refund us the costs we have incurred due to their failings! If they had told us the rooms were not available we would not have travelled to Mallorca in the first place.
We specifically booked this accommodation, had it confirmed and paid in full weeks in advance only to be treated like third class citizens. We have paid large amounts of money to get to Can Picafort as well as the cost of the hotel.
We are out of pocket and are being fobbed off by Expedia.
DO NOT TRUST THEM WITH YOUR MONEY!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank beenalotofplaces

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Sopron, Hungary
Reviewed July 16, 2010

This was the most terrible hotel where I roamed it once! They were German in the hotel only , a guest was with a couple of other nationalities, but they did not deal with them!The not for German guests not too very much wanted neither,to say hello,neither to give any kind of information though! All of the hotel was a nightmare.He was not a problem with the cleanness alone. The foods were very delicate though. The most positive one was the proximity of the seacoast. The water crystal clear and shallow, was wonderful!Summed up: I would recommend this hotel to the German tourists only, for others no way,if their summer holidays do not want to be ruined!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank entsante

Travelers are raving about these Santa Margalida hotels

Here
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We stayed twice at the Santa Fe, in June 2007 and June 2009 and the difference between both years was amazing.
In 2007, everything was ok, the room was cleaned every day and was very clean, the food was good and the choice was large, but in 2009, things have changed.
When we returned there in June 09, we were amazed by the very bad quality of the food for diner.
The breakfast buffet was quite ok, but for diner, all was very fat, the cook when he brought the dishes to the buffet was wearing very dirty pants and did not look so clean at all...
So we had diner outside every evening which was not planned in our trip, but the buffet was looking so ugly that we thought it was better like this for our health...
The people working there were friendly, but not so longer as friendly as in 07.
Beside that, the good point is the hotel location directly at the beach and the promenade and the sea view from the rooms (the lateral seaview is even better than the straight seaview) which are really great.

• Stayed June 2009
Rochdale, Greater Manchester
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Have just got back today from one week at the Santa Fe. Wish I'd gone for longer. The Hotel is in a fantastic location. It has it's own private beach with around a dozen sun loungers. If you can bag one of these, it will cost you 3.50 euros per day, but you get a voucher for a free drink. The main beach itself is fantastically long and sandy. The sun loungers here are 6 euros including straw umbrella. I brought my own beach tent, so no cost to me! The sea is shallow for a good way out, the waves were big and strong most days, so younger children need to be careful, but they can paddle by the edges with no problem.
From the hotel which is situated right on the sea front, you can go for a stroll down a pedestrianised walkway to the harbour. It's a lovely twenty minute walk with shops, bars, and restaurants all the way down. At the bottom you can do like a "u" turn and come up through the main town. Again a lovely walk with shops, bars and restaurants. The shops are mostly clothing/gift type. There's plenty of cashpoints if you need them, I think I counted four, and a Burger King if you fancy it. Also for the male footy fans - No 1 bar just off the main street is an English bar with a big screen telly showing all the matches. I think there's two discos, definitely one, but I don't know what it's like coz I didn't visit, but many of the bars have live entertainment of an evening. It's a bit cheesy but good fun!
The Santa Fe itself is brilliant. I've never seen a Hotel as clean, and it stays that way all day! There's a lot of German people there, in fact I was one of only two English guests, but I made loads of friends of them. They like practising their English, and after a few beers, it can be a right laugh! The food was nice, not fantastic. I stayed half board. The breakfast was best, and catered for most nationalities, and there was plenty of it. Nobody minded if you went back for seconds or thirds. Tea was mostly salad, with maybe three choices, those being fish or meat. Chips were always there, and somedays pasta or rice. If you mixed it up a bit, you could go all week with a different meal. No cakes for dessert, usually blancmange type puds, jelly and ice-cream. But everything was cooked well and very tasty and hot. The staff were brilliant too. Served your drinks with your meal within minutes of sitting down, and cleared away just as quickly too. One review mentioned having to share tables with strangers as you are seated by the staff at the Hotel. That's stopped now and you can sit where you want and with who you want.
The room I stayed in was a single. It didn't have a sea view as these rooms look out over the forecourt at the front. But it was nice, cool and restful there. It was long and narrow and with not an awful lot of space, but definitely adequate, and it had a fridge so I could store some snacks. It was cleaned everyday and clean towels everyday too. The bed wasn't changed, but that might be because I made it up myself every morn!! Maybe if I'd left it then it would have been.
If there was anything to complain about I can only maybe think, my bed could have been a bit more comfier, but that's personal choice. Oh and the African tat sellers on the beach drove me mad a bit, but I ended up chatting to one or two and they stopped mythering, just waved as they went by.
What can I say, I will definitely go back here, and that's not something I would normally do. It was just great!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
5 Thank Lucinda16
England
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Had a great time at this hotel. We found it being mostly german a good not bad point as there was no rowdy rude people to contend with. The hotel did not have a pool which I thought would bother me but to be completely honest I didn't miss it at all!

The beach itself is great and the scenery across to the mountains from it is fantastic.

There is plenty of choice at breakfast and dinner the food was varied and tasty maybe the only slightly negative point on food was that the spanish have quite a heavy hand with the salt .Would definitely return to this hotel again

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank mad-sammy-cat
cambridge
Reviewed September 26, 2007

We stayed at the hotel Santa Fe in Can Picafort, we just got back yesterday boo hoo.We could not fault the hotel at all, the service was brilliant the staff were very friendly and ever so helpful .The hotel was right on the beach so my husband did not have far to throw the lilo,although it was mainly catered for the german holiday makers we did not find the language barrier any problem as all the staff spoke english . The food was excellent plenty of choice .We would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it and also the resort of Can Picafort has something to offer everyone from night clubs to bars & restraurants .This was one of the best holidays we have had and we canot wait till our next adventure

• Liked — location, food
  • Disliked — tables in dining room I felt were a bit small to seat four people
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank weeizzy
#13 of 39 in Ca'n Picafort
Zafiro Can Picafort
Zafiro Can Picafort
#1 of 39 in Ca'n Picafort

Been to The Sea Hotel by Grupotel? Share your experiences!