“Mixed feelings... Lovely pizza, beautiful setting! Just don't order the Lasagna or expect a warm welcome”

Pizzeria Ca s'Arquitecte
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Sencelles
Reviewed August 13, 2018

We had very mixed feelings about this place - we visited twice on our trip to Sencelles. On the first night we turned up when it had just opened, I think we were the first customers there. We were met by an older lady who seemed a bit flustered, not very welcoming at all and didn't really pay much attention to us, but she got us seated in a beautiful terrace with a great garden with slides for our three children to play in, which was lovely. Our waitress was much nicer, we ordered drinks and pizza and all was well. The pizza's tasted fresh and we were all very happy, left a big tip and decided to come back for our last night.

When we came back on our last night, again, we were one of the first there and were met by the same unfriendly lady who asked if we had a booking (we didn't) and then kind of huffed about, rearranged a couple of tables and then pointed for us to sit at them - seriously, this lady needs to learn some people skills. We had the same nice waitress, same lovely terrace, same beautiful garden, the only thing we did differently this time was order the lasagna.... Now, we LOVE lasagna, especially home made and both my husband and myself were really looking forward to it. When it came out I could tell something wasn't quite right. It looked under cooked - there wasn't a Bechamel or white sauce on the top but what looked like melted Cheddar. When we cut into it there was no bolognese sauce, just light brown mince and LOTS of water. It was bland, watery and very disappointing. I must have eaten hundreds of lasagnas, some amazing, some not so good, but this is the first uneatable I've ever had. The restaurant was getting quite busy now and we didn't want to make a fuss so I told the waitress that the lasagnas weren't to our taste and could we instead order a couple of pizzas. She looked a bit shocked and asked what was wrong with them so I told her about the water and the taste being a bit bland, but I ensured her we would still pay for them, but we couldn't eat them. We got two pizzas ten minutes later and they were lovely. When we asked for the bill we kind of expected the two lasagnas to be on there, but hoped they would do the decent and meet half way, just charging for one, but another older, stern (and equally unfriendly) lady brought us the bill and they had charged for the two inedible lasagnas, I think they sent her over in case we made a fuss because she was very rude in her manner when dealing with us. We didn't leave a tip that night.

I really hope the restaurant see this review because their little place is great in so many ways - and it's so easy to make an amazing lasagna and give customers a smile when they arrive - and would make a big difference

Date of visit: August 2018
CasArquitecte, Propietario at Pizzeria Ca s'Arquitecte, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Dear Jogreener,

Thank you for your comments.

I would like to apologize first to don't have friendly staff and secondly but not most important, to don't be able to apologize for the lasagnas. I have to say that the waitress didn't inform me or the kitchen about your feelings with the lasagna, so we didn't know the problem and that's the reason why nobody came to your table to apologize, and why all the food you ordered was in your bill.

We have a new lady cooking the lasagnas, and maybe that day it wasn't the best day to eat lasagna (sorry for that), I have talked to her, and I hope she's going to prepare them better from now on.

We have had clients no happy with their orders, and we have changed the meal with no charge. For us the most important thing is that our client enjoy with their meals. And of course, if one meal is not how they expected we change it with no charge. So I am very sorry to have charged you the lasagnas, but please understand that it was because the waitress didn't inform us. I have talked to her, and she has apologized because with the stress of that night she forgot to let us know.

I really hope you will come back to Ca s'Arquitecte, and give us the opportunity to apologize in person,

With regards,
Joana

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

We loved this place!! Fab Pizza and great wine!! Nice service and a lovely garden! seriously what’s
Seriously.....what’s not to like?

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Excellent pizzas, very friendly, multilingual staff. Pleasant surroundings. Well worth a visit. Have been many times with both family and friends.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed June 12, 2017

Nicely located with its own courtyard with outdoor seating. Service was friendly and the selection of pizzas vast. Unfortunately the pizzas left our party less than impressed. There was nothing wrong with them, but nothing special either.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Being vegan it is not easy to get a good pizza. Here the bend and accommodate every whim you can even bring in your own vegan cheese to melt on your pizza of choice. It is all so fresh warm and friendly too. Good prices good wine and great location for friends family or a romantic evening for two :)
Ps try the focaccia pan boli it's off the menu and you'll have to request it but geez it's sooooo good!

Date of visit: April 2017
CasArquitecte, Propietario at Pizzeria Ca s'Arquitecte, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2017

Thank you Isabel for your comment!
It's always a pleasure to welcome you and your family in Ca S'Arquitecte. And we are delighted to prepare your pizza with your vegan cheese, as well as the Focaccia amb oli! Maybe we have to include it in the menu!! :)
During the Fira de Sencelles week we will have the Tumbet pizza made with organic vegetables from s'hortet de na Maria, maybe you will have to try it!