“Impeccable”
Review of Hotel Bristol

Hotel Bristol
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fagnieres
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed in Bristol hotel on our way to Calais. It was a perfect stop-over.
The owners, Brigitte and Daniel, are very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, the shower - very modern and powerful. Amazing breakfast. Great value for money. Will definitely come again

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
51BM, Propriétaire at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you very much indeed for this friendly feedback about our family Hotel from Fagnières, close by Chalons en Champagne ; it is true that we are just at 8 minutes from the Motorvway from south ot he Northern France (A6), but also from Germany to Bretagne (A4).
To Callais, there is a 2 hours and a half driveand after a good brekfast, it always a pleasure going home.
Don't forget our address and next time, to get better prices (discount), book in direct per mail, phone or with FairBooking.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Bristol

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Usually I stay at the Hotel Angleterre but this trip was not available.
What a find.
On arrival I was greeted by Brigitte and made very welcome. She explained that we were not near any restaurants, and offered me lots of advise including the map for the town etc, also showed me to my room and told me about the heating and shower facilities.
My room was very comfortable, much more modern than the Angleterre with a very well appointed bathroom, shower was excellent with a constant temperature and soap dispenser was a nice touch.
Someone commented on the bedding and yes it is very personal to taste, I however found the firm mattress and pillows to my liking and had 5 very good nights sleep.
I'm glad I found this hotel and will make it my first choice when I come back to work at Vatry Airport.
A few nights I stayed in and Brigitte was kind enough to do my ordering of food at take aways.
To me it was a home from home, what more can you ask.
Brigitte and Daniel offer a great little place here, I don't know how anyone can not like it.
Don't let the fact it's out of town stop you, a taxi is only €6 each way.
Ps. The cleaners were very good, the room is spotless, even a bulb that had gone in the morning was replaced when I had got back, you don't get this at the Sheraton hotel, I had to ring them.
All in all a full 5 stars from me!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
51BM, Propriétaire at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Cjbtaylor

I'm speechless...and it is often not the case as my husband would say ! You know, you resume exactly what we try to do. You knew in some lines, to define the atmosphere, the environment which we wish to preserve here : an easy access between the A4 and A26, all means at disposal to spend a good stay, for tourism or business and always while remaining us even, a family, clean hotel with housekeeping faithful, which ensures its work and report concerns.
We won't be able to please everybody all the time but we still want to stay ourselves and to propose a pleasant stage to our customers
I note with pleasure that it was the case for you. See you soon thus, for your next intervention on Vatry and thank you once more for your kind words.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

On arrival we were greeted very warmly and given information on the local area with a map and route clearly explained. The Internet password was given without asking and we were shown to our room and explained how things worked and provided with fresh milk for our tea. Breakfast time was bought forward so we could leave a little earlier.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear pip030,

It is always a pleasure when we can simplify a little bit the journey of our customers and their stress; we work in family and have one certain flexibility to receive our customers and fit out the schedules of the breakfast, within the limits of the possibilities of our baker, of course.
A copious breakfast is important !
So, you were able to take advantage of it and then to pursue your travel quietly.
Thank you for your kindness.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night on way from Annecy to Northern France. It is very easy to get to from the autoroute. And only takes about 5 minutes from the nearest junction.
Our welcome was very warm and friendly and our room was super. It was spacious, with separate toilet and bathroom, a great shower and tea and coffee making facilities. It was probably one of the most comfortable rooms that we have had in France. The breakfast was also well worth having with a wide array of breads, cheeses, meats, cereals and fruit.
It is brilliant value and I would strongly recommend it. I would imagine it would also be a good base for exploring the Champagne region.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear WorcesterWanderer6,

Thank you very much indeed for these friendly comments about our family Hotel from Fagnières, close by Chalons en Champagne ; it is true that we are just at 8 minutes from the Motorvway from south ot he Northern France (A6), but also from Germany to Bretagne (A4).

Ideal for an overnight stay along the way but also to discover our sparkling region, its rich heritageand its famous wine, the champagne. We hope that during a next stay, you will have more time to take advantage of it a little bit and it will be a pleasure to see you again.
You know now our address and you can book in direct, an email fort that : contact@hotelbristol-marne.com !

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband made me a surprise by booking 2 nights in champagne in this hotel. As we never been to champagne it is quite difficult to choose from all the offers. When we arrived at the hotel we were a little surprised by the building as it looks more than a apartment building than a hotel with a lot of concrete. But the moment you enter the hotel you are welcomed very friendly and the owner took more than her time to explain all we had to see in the neighborhood. Room was big, very clean, big bathroom, separate toilet, hair dryer etc. Breakfast was very good and they offered everything we wanted to have.we received maps of the area and whatever question we had they tried to help us as much as possible. Will certainly return to this hotel. Only small remark I have is that the pillows/beds are rather hard.

Room Tip: Do not judge the outside of the hotel but just winter
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
51BM, Propriétaire at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Marja-Alain from Belgien,

I'm happy to read you enjoed your 3 days/2 nights in our hotel....and even more if the stay was a surprise for you ! I know that the building is not very welcoming and modern but next year, it should look warmer with new lights, new illuminated advertising and completely refurbished.. The more important was, for us, 12 years ago, to renovate first the rooms in emergency, to create a family cosy atmosphere in the hotel and second, the outside for the "look' of course.
Sorry, however for the pillows and the bed ! We bought special overlays for the comfort of the beds, have two types of pillows - american and classic - and an unanimity is often difficult to achieve about the bedding.
We will also be our pleasure to welcome you for another stay (the surroundings offer countless sights still waiting to be discovered) and don't forget it is easier to book per mail at hotelbristol@live.fr.....always advantages for our clients !

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel, it was obviously built to a very high standard some while ago because while it may be a bit dated everything was immaculate, spacious rooms great bathroom, while no evening meals breakfast was superb ( for France) they even have a secure garage underneath should you require it.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear "Tightfart",

Your are right ! The hotel was built in 1968/1969 and since 11 years now, we try to renovate it ; of course, we cannot change the building on its own but at the end of august, the front of the hotel wa renovate and the end will be refurbished in april 2014.
My husband prefers to renovate the rooms/bathrooms himself and he always appreciates the compliments of our clients ! And because he is also greedy, you understand better why he prepares a large and copious breakfast nearly every morning of the year !
Thank you very much indeed for your reviews.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is an ideal stopover in this area. We were warmly greeted, and given so much helpful advice. The room was perfect, clean, well equipped, and a fan was available to help with the heat. Good advice as to the excellent restaurant we ate in, in Chalons, and after a restful, peaceful night, the breakfast was superb. No complaints at all, and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our small town and in the Hotel Bristol ! We always try to welcome our clients like members of our family, showing them the rooms and giving them as many informations as necessary, to help them to appreciate their stay...and the delicious foof af the restaurants of the city.

We would be of course very pleased to welcome you again and encourage you to book directly per mail at hotelbristol@live.fr. Always advantages for our clients who deecide to book in direct.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fagnieres
Hotel D'angleterre
Logis Auberge des Moissons
Ibis Chalons en Champagne
Ibis Chalons en Champagne
#6 of 18 in Chalons-en-Champagne

Been to Hotel Bristol? Share your experiences!