“Oh what an evening we had at En Bonne Compagnie!”
Review of En Bonne Compagnie

En Bonne Compagnie
Reserve with
En Bonne Compagnie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Homps
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oh what an evening we had at En Bonne Compagnie!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Dinner at En Bonne Compagnie was one highlight of my 'once in a lifetime' visit to rural France. The meal was superb and the staff very attentive. I loved the souffle dessert and the duck with berries. We overlooked the canal and sat under grape vines fora very ambient evening. I highly recommend this restaurant for a special evening out.

• Visited September 2013

Leicester, United Kingdom
“As always excellent food; service first class”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went for dinner with friends recently having booked in advance as we always do as we feel this is the best way to ensure a good relationship with the owners/hosts. It is so easy to book a table here via their website, e-mail or telephone.

The service we received was first class and welcoming. The lamb dish (Catalonian lamb) was probably the best lamb I've ever tasted; it was truly excellent. My husband ordered the duck which he said was delicious. We then ordered the dessert which is the house speciality - banana and vodka souffle - certainly not to be missed!

We shall really miss the restaurant being closed over the next few months but look forward to hearing when they are re-opening.

• Visited November 2013
Poole, United Kingdom
“Rudeness beyond belief”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I took 4 friends for lunch at En Bonne Compagnie the other day as the food is always good.
Unfortunately the rudeness and attitude of the OWNER/WAITRESS was appalling. She was abrupt and unwelcoming. We were told we had 2 minutes to order as the kitchen was about to close it was 1.55pm and as all restaurants in France serve lunch between 12 and 2pm this was going to be adhered to rigidly. The restaurant owners are English by the way but having lived in France for 2 years I understand the lunch time hours. What I don't understand is that at the end of the season when 6 people walk in offering you business you are received with annoyance and sharpness. Infact it wasn't just that we were made to feel unwelcome, she was actually openly rude to one of my friends when she wanted to find out how he wanted his steak cooked and then went on to be even ruder to another friend when she asked for some toothpicks.
I have taken friends there before because the food is always exceptionable but after this encounter I will never step foot in there again.
I did actually tell her that I thought she had been very rude to us all and her initial response was that she was busy. This was not true as it was at the end of the lunch time session. She then went on to apologise very insincerely and as I was still talking to her she answered her phone and with that I walked away.
If you want to go somewhere with good food AND friendly service then this is definitely NOT the place to go

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank kelliewestoll
Warwick, England
“Great menu choices, right on the canal”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Menu was a nice change from the typical French restaurant along the canal. Quite a variety with different influences. One of these places when its hard to narrow down your choice. Excellent dinner and good service. The busiest restaurant that we visited all week.

Visited October 2013
Dublin
“Relaxing and good food”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Since this restaurant was revamped it has been transformed. Nice airy and bright and food ain 't half bad either. Lunch is excellent value.

Visited June 2013