“Rudeness beyond belief”
Review of En Bonne Compagnie

En Bonne Compagnie
Reserve with
En Bonne Compagnie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Homps
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I took 4 friends for lunch at En Bonne Compagnie the other day as the food is always good.
Unfortunately the rudeness and attitude of the OWNER/WAITRESS was appalling. She was abrupt and unwelcoming. We were told we had 2 minutes to order as the kitchen was about to close it was 1.55pm and as all restaurants in France serve lunch between 12 and 2pm this was going to be adhered to rigidly. The restaurant owners are English by the way but having lived in France for 2 years I understand the lunch time hours. What I don't understand is that at the end of the season when 6 people walk in offering you business you are received with annoyance and sharpness. Infact it wasn't just that we were made to feel unwelcome, she was actually openly rude to one of my friends when she wanted to find out how he wanted his steak cooked and then went on to be even ruder to another friend when she asked for some toothpicks.
I have taken friends there before because the food is always exceptionable but after this encounter I will never step foot in there again.
I did actually tell her that I thought she had been very rude to us all and her initial response was that she was busy. This was not true as it was at the end of the lunch time session. She then went on to apologise very insincerely and as I was still talking to her she answered her phone and with that I walked away.
If you want to go somewhere with good food AND friendly service then this is definitely NOT the place to go

4  Thank kelliewestoll

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Menu was a nice change from the typical French restaurant along the canal. Quite a variety with different influences. One of these places when its hard to narrow down your choice. Excellent dinner and good service. The busiest restaurant that we visited all week.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Since this restaurant was revamped it has been transformed. Nice airy and bright and food ain 't half bad either. Lunch is excellent value.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Wonderful canal side lunch foro 8 in a spotless yet warm and inviting restaurant with striking decor both inside and out. Very friendly and helpful service with delicious, fresh and beautifully presented menu items.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had a delightful lunch here on the banks of the Canal du Midi. The service was friendly, the food delicious and they were very welcoming to our two young children (aged 4 and 6).