“NO SLEEP”

Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Oberding
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The one night we stayed we got absolutely no sleep. The doors slam loudly, the floors echo when people walk on them. We were given Room 1. May it's just the room, so don't get that room! The breakfast was mediocre for Germany. There was no hot water for tea and the bfast area was crowded.

Room Tip: Don't get room #1 or anything on lower level. If you are a larger person, you won't fit in...
1  Thank Tati M
Thomas N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Tati M,

thank you for taking the time to let us know about some improvable topics happened during your stay at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
I am very sorry that you have not been able to enjoy your night due to slamming doors. This room is in fact close to a heavy door and we normally give this room only to geusts if there is no other room available.
So in your case I think there has been made a mistake giving it to you for which I am deeply sorry.
Regarding the breakfast it is especially crowded between 06:30 am to 09:00 am so if you have the chance to either go for breakfast before or after this time you will be able to enjoy a qieter atmosphere. Especially if you have an early flight you can have breakfast already at 04:00 am.

I would appreciate welcoming you again here in Holiday Inn Express staying in one of our very quiet rooms.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed here for one night when we had a flight out of Munich the next day. The place was nice and clean and the restaurant was good if overpriced, which is to be expected with the limited options in the area. They nickel and dime you to death with extra charges (internet, parking, shuttle, etc.), but I guess that's to be expected since the room rates are so reasonable. I will stay here again if I have another early flight out of Munich. There is some construction going on right now.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DCtoStuttgart

Dear DCtoSuttgart,

first of I like to thank you for taking the time to give a review to your stay at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
You are right when you say there are extra charges to keep a reasonable room rate as this is what we want to offer our guests. And in comparision to other hotels even the breakfast is free of charge.
But also costs for shuttle, Wifi and parking are below the rate other hotels in this area are charging.
Construction works are finnished and we do have 27 additional rooms in a complete different and very beautiful design.
I would appreciate welcoming you back here in Holiday Inn Express on one of your next trips. Maybe you like to stay in one of the new rooms then.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We booked this hotel as we had an early flight. The website does not state the shuttle is 5 euros per person each way so for the two of us an additional 20 euros.they also don't state that wifi is 6 euro per person for 24 hr block. Unless you join the intercontinental group which from this year is free wifi.

You had to pay extra for tv which seems to be a german hotel thing and is highly annoying considering the cost of rooms.
The room itself was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fresh and started at 4am which was perfect for us. We had dinner and it was quick and easy, not that you had any choice other than the hotel restaurant as it would cost you 20 euro to get to and from the airport restaurants.

I was really annoyed at check in with all the extra charges, they make it seem like a convenient and affordable location. I would prefer all costs were clear upfront.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Tracy M,

Thank you very much for taking time to give an explanation about your stay at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
First of all I like to say thank you for the feedback given on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that you have been informed not very well by the homepage. We will check the page if there is an improvement of information is possible.
I would appreciate welcoming you again here in Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've stayed here each year for the past 3 years before flying out of Munich early in the morning. The hotel is about 10 minutes away from the airport. It is clean and simple. They have a shuttle for 5 Euros pp, one way. Parking was 8 Euros with in/out privileges. The bar is small, but has the necessary items. The breakfast is also simple, but adequate. My take is that it is appropriately priced for the value. If you need a full service hotel, expect a huge breakfast spread, or lavish rooms, this is not your place. If you need a clean, efficient place to stay before flying out of Munich, you have found it. My only comment for improvement is an upgraded mattress. Staff was helpful in securing extra pillows.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Thomas N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear jeffinCBF,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give some detailed information about Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
I am very happy that you stay every year with us and that you are always enjoying your stay here in the hotel.
Thank you again and I would appreciate to welcome you next year in Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stay in this hotel with my family for 1 night : very rude & unhelpfull staff at the reception & bar , very small rooms , terrible breakfast. the only positive is close to the airport but in the same area you can find other hotels . Not value for money !!!!!!

1  Thank Higuain125
Thomas N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Higuain12,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give a statement regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
I am very sorry that you have not been able to enjoy your stay at our hotel.
Furthermore I would be very interested in some more details about the things happened so that we are able to improve our service.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to give me some further information.
I would appreciate to welcome you again at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport to give us the possibility to show us from our best side.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My dad and I stayed overnight,as our flight arrived in at night making it too late to continue to Austria by train the next morning. The hotel was clean and comfortable, and despite being next to the runway was remarkably quiet. There is a shuttle service available to/from the airport from both terminals at the airport, which costs €5 per person each way (children travel for free).

The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet from 4am until 10am- which is perfect for those catching early morning flights or wish to take a long lie after arriving in late at night! Staff are very friendly.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone who requires to stay overnight at Munich Airport

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Simone M,

Thank you very much for giving a feedback to Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
I am happy to hear that you have been enjoying your stay and that everything went fine for you.

It would be very nice welcoming you again at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Not too close to the airport (10 minutes away by car), but along the landing path, so pretty loud during airport hours.

Typical HIEx....new, simple. Efficient checkin, clean, functional rooms. Rooms on road side were loud if you tried to sleep with the window open (My room was a ridiculous oven, so I had no choice) as cars, buses, trucks go by with regularity on this busy back road. I stayed a couple days later and had a room on the back of the hotel facing a field that was nice and quiet.

Free wireless for platinum members for multiple devices, free parking for platinum as well. Breakfast is mostly rolls, cereal, yogurt, cold cuts. No other hot food.

I don't like HIEx, overall, but it wasn't bad.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear biztrav123,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oberding
MOXY Munich Airport
Movenpick Hotel Munchen Airport
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
#2 of 10 in Hallbergmoos

Been to Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport? Share your experiences!