“A good stopover”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Oberding
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A good stopover”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My dad and I stayed overnight,as our flight arrived in at night making it too late to continue to Austria by train the next morning. The hotel was clean and comfortable, and despite being next to the runway was remarkably quiet. There is a shuttle service available to/from the airport from both terminals at the airport, which costs €5 per person each way (children travel for free).

The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet from 4am until 10am- which is perfect for those catching early morning flights or wish to take a long lie after arriving in late at night! Staff are very friendly.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone who requires to stay overnight at Munich Airport

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thomas N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Simone M,

Thank you very much for giving a feedback to Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
I am happy to hear that you have been enjoying your stay and that everything went fine for you.

It would be very nice welcoming you again at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Avon, CT
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Not too close to the airport (10 minutes away by car), but along the landing path, so pretty loud during airport hours.

Typical HIEx....new, simple. Efficient checkin, clean, functional rooms. Rooms on road side were loud if you tried to sleep with the window open (My room was a ridiculous oven, so I had no choice) as cars, buses, trucks go by with regularity on this busy back road. I stayed a couple days later and had a room on the back of the hotel facing a field that was nice and quiet.

Free wireless for platinum members for multiple devices, free parking for platinum as well. Breakfast is mostly rolls, cereal, yogurt, cold cuts. No other hot food.

I don't like HIEx, overall, but it wasn't bad.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear biztrav123,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed December 13, 2013

It was a nightmare! Definitely will not stay at any of the Holiday Inn Express in the future.
Girl at the reception was prompt at service, I didnt spent much time at the check in. The nightmare started right after check in. I been allocated at the corner room at basement, and part of the hotel is having renovation NEXT to my room. I dont understand how can a reputable hotel arrange a room to your guest when you already know the big renovation is ongoing..Its okay I'm Asian, used of discrimanation especially in Germany. What do you expect me to do? sleep?? Or rest with unbeatable cracking noise? I call reception and request them to stop the work. It was 7pm already.

Next thing, I went for dinner at hotel restaurant. Guess what? For a simple pasta, they made me to wait for 1 HOUR!!!! One hour such a precious for business traveller. If im sitting at city restaurants with crowds I can understand of waiting hour but not with 7 other guests only.
I only ate 10% of the pasta as I cant force myself to finish lousy food been served by reputable hotel. Its totally unacceptable.

I knew I cant sleep well tonight for sure..im too upset to forget what had happen today!

• Stayed December 2013
Thomas N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Geniusneenee,

Thank you for taking time to explain the circumstances happened to you during your stay at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
I am really sorry to hear that you had such a bad stay with us. This sounds absolutely not like the service we are normally used to provide.
I would like to talk about this detailed with you why I am asking you to contact me directly: Thomas.nau@fmhos.com.
I would appreciate hearing of you soon and remain sincerely,

Manchester UK
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is a lovely Holiday Inn express. All the same as you would expect but the staff really are exceptional. Very helpful with WiFi etc and just seemed very happy to help.

The shuttle bus to the airport cost €5 if you are not an IHG Plat but its very efficient and runs from 4am when I needed to take my flight. Also, they start breakfast at 4am which is very sensible for an airport hotel - I wish others would do the same!

A taxi from the airport cost me €15

Thanks to all the staff!

Room Tip: You are near the runway so ask for a room not facing it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Marraming,

Thank you very much for taking time to give us such a nice feedback of your stay at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
Thank you for the nice words you found regarding our staff which makes them very happy and gives power keeping on giving the best possible service to our guests.

I am hoping to welcome you again for the next time in Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.

Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Germans are known for the punctuality and preciseness. The Holiday Inn Express at the Munich Airport more than lives up to this expectation. The reason for our choosing of this hotel was due to its proximity to the airport but most of all due to the rather inexpensive shuttle service that is offered. The shuttle is 5 Euros per person compared to a Taxi cab that will cost 15-18 Euros per trip.

When making our reservations we noted that the hotel website stated that the shuttle service was not available from 1230-1700. This turned out to not be the case and as we found out the shuttle runs 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If arriving off the S-Bahn Train proceed to Airport Central stop #7 to meet the shuttle at 14 and 15 minutes past the hour. The shuttle picks up and drops off outside Terminals 1 and 2 as well. When booking a room it is recommended to ask the staff to book seat on the shuttle. We rode it several times and each time every seat was full. Getting into downtown Munich from the hotel is easy as all it requires is to return to the airport via the shuttle and hop on the S8 to Marineplatz.

Check in was a breeze and even though we received an upgrade due to our membership the rooms were quite small. The double bed was two beds pushed together but we made due. The room was so modern, clean and efficient it felt wrong to unpack the little items we did. Again due to our membership, internet access was included with the room and a code was issued for each device.

A continental type breakfast is served in the downstairs area and believe it or not it starts at 0430 am. One can tell that this hotel caters to the one night traveler who needs to get in, and get out. The staff is very helpful in effecting this and any and all other needs that may be required. This is not the hotel to stay at if one is traveling with family, especially small children. A bar is also located downstairs next to the main desk area and served two types of beers on tap: a Weiss and a Hell but much to my chagrin, no Dunkel.

Overall we were very impressed with the establishment and would recommended it to others
See you on the trail and remember, don’t be one of “those.”
John Eric

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear John F,

Thank you very much for taking time to really explain everything so detailed.
It was nice reading your statement as I recognize our hotel and the staff and I like to thank you for your small story.
By the way for families there is also the possibility to have connecting rooms which then is really comfortable.
As you have recommended the Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport to others, I would appreciate to welcome you back here also.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

For a one night airport stay the hotel is clean and comfortable. The rooms are overly warm to sleep in. Had to open the window to keep from baking. There is nothing around the hotel to see or do. The entire staff was pleasant and friendly. The food was adequate. We drank beer in the lounge until bed time and paid the bill in the morning. 5 euros for the shuttle seemed fine.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lacacia2,

Thank you very much for taking time to give a statement to your stay in Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
Our staff will be very happy to read such nice words and so will our housekeeping team do.
Furthermore I like to say sorry for the warm room but the makes it difficult for us this winter as it has been very cold first and after that it already seems to be spring.

I would suggest coming back here in summer as Germany is very nice then and I would appreciate welcoming you again in Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed one night at the Munich Airport Holiday Inn.

Overall it was a pleasant stay. The property is about an 8 minute drive from the airport to the hotel. Just follows the signs to Schwaig (the town the hotel is in) and you will not have a problem spotting the hotel.

Things I liked about the hotel
+ Free, Fast WIFI
+ Room was simple but well laid out
+ Free Breakfast
+ Breakfast starting at 0400

Things I disliked:
- Parking costing 8 Euros ($10 USD) for a simple and small outside parking
- Tried to get my invoice upon check out, but the "computer was not working"

Overall: I would stay here again, and thought it was value for money

Room Tip: Book a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear mcmurrytr,

Thank you very much for taking time to give a short explanation to your stay in Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.
I am happy to hear that you have been able to enjoy your stay and I like to thank you for your feedback.
I would appreciate welcoming you again in Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oberding
Hilton Munich Airport
#1 of 4 in Schwaig
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
#2 of 10 in Hallbergmoos

Been to Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport? Share your experiences!