“Convenient and new”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Oberding
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Convenient and new”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had an early am flight from Munich and didn't want to risk a traffic problem coming from the city. The Holiday Inn is a new hotel with nicely appointed and business like rooms as well as a nice bar and restaurant. The staff was helpful and the drive to the airport is only about 10 minutes. The hotel does not have their own shuttle but has a service that runs frequently. I was returning a rental car so this was unnecessary for me. Overall very good experience.

Room Tip: The room numbers are really done at random, be careful when finding your room for the first time.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank flightresource
Thomas N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Flightresource,

first of all we like to thank for taking time to discribe your good experiences of our hotel.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and of course we hope to welcome you again, when you will be the next time in Munich.

Kind regards,

Thomas Nau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here based on trip advisor reviews. The shuttle and the location are perfect for a quick overnight stay. The rooms are small but what does it matter if you are staying only one night. The beds leave something to be desired. There is AC so that's a bonus.

We had drinks in the evening, there was not enough people working. There were two guys and they were scrambling to keep up.

The breakfast is very good.

You pay 6 euro for wifi which is fine. I didn't care too much about that however once you pay it's not transferable to other devices!!! That is ridiculous. So I paid for wifi on my phone but my husband couldn't use that same password for his phone. That is beyond irritating and unnecessary.

• Stayed September 2013
Thomas N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Natash,

thank you for explaining some things about our hotel.
We are happy to hear taht your stay was very well and things did work well.

Ragarding the WiFi problem, i unfortunately have to tell you that due to technical reasons, it is not possible in the moment to use one acces for two devices.

We would be very happy, if you will also choose us for the next time.

Kind regards
Mead, Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Room was nice for the price for a quick overnight before our flight home. Ours had recently been updated. Breakfast was included and good - European style. We did have to pay total of 20 Euros for airport transfers & wifi was extra, but I was aware of these things, thanks to Tripadvisor reviews - but still the price seemed good when I compared to other airport hotels. We walked to an Italian restaurant that was quite good (about 5 minutes away).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms,

thank you very much for taking time, to share your impressions of Holiday Express Munich Airport.
I am glad to hear that you felt well and almost everything has been well, especially our breakfast.
We would appreciate to welcome you again on one of your next trips to Europe.

Kind regards,
Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I are very disappointed in the management at the Holiday Inn Express at the Munich Airport, Schwaig, in Germany. We booked two nights there over a month ago...two weeks ago our daughter in law, who was to travel with us, was killed in an automobile accident in new hampshire, usa. a week later I came down with stress induced shingles. A terrible terrible time. We of course cancelled our trip which was to encompass 17 days. The management at the Holiday Inn Express was very cool to our cancellation...Positively no refund of any kind he said. Even if we sent a death certificate and any other information they'd need. Simply as good business I would expect that they would do something for us. No. When we rebook our trip in the near future we won't be planning to stay there. It just seems like rotten public relations to me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NeilMack_11
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear NeilMack_11,

We would like to look into this further for you. Please email IHGCare@ihg.com referencing your TripAdvisor username with your IHG reservation confirmation number and your contact information for follow up.

Regards,
Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Oberding hotels

russia
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The staff was very friendly, we booked the family room (2 adults, 2 children) was clean and had a very good value for money, even if it was a little shabby. 4 stars is not the hotel in this area. The breakfast is simple but adequate.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hawaii
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the way to France on business. My first flight arrived late, and my connection was next morning. I called reception from arrivals (had only hand luggage) and they told me a shuttle was on its way. Quickly the shuttle filled up and we were on our way. The hotel is very near the airport, relatively new with nice confortable rooms. There was a very nice shower, two types of pillows (firm and soft) and quiet. TV had many channels. The bar/restaurant is nice and when I asked for peanuts to accompany my beer, I received a huge bowl of them.

As a frequent guest of IHG (the group that owns Holiday Inn and many other hotels) I received free wi-fi. This should be free to ALL guests. Guests pay for a room, which should always include free wifi in 2013.

But what made me give this hotel only two stars, was that this AIRPORT hotel charges for airport transfers for the 4km ride (2.6mile) ride from and to the airport. An airport hotel that doesn't have a free shuttle?

OK, I understand that this is a franchise and individual hotel owners decide many things, but I recommend that Holiday Inn management take a stand and clearly recommend to all their property owners that wifi and hotel transfers be free (this is the only airport hotel in the world that I know that charges for airport transfers).

Of course if you dont need wi-fi and don't care about the shuttle costs, this is a fine hotel to stay. Pleasant and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank petervee
Dear petervee,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rishon Le Zion, HaMerkaz, Israel
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night before a flight
Its a quiet and clean hotel, close to the local sport center (5 mins walking, football required if you are with children) and only 2 mins from the airport

Small pricing detail I wasn't aware of were parking which costs 8 euros or using a shuttle to the airport for 5 euro per person

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Assaf L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oberding
Novotel Muenchen Airport
Moevenpick Hotel Munchen Airport
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
#2 of 10 in Hallbergmoos

Been to Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport? Share your experiences!