Tripadvisor

Add it.
The Heritage, Balnarring, Victoria
Ranked #12 of 26 Restaurants in Balnarring
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Had the most enjoyable night out . The atmosphere outside is totally different and more relaxing than dining inside. Unfortunately the live music finished when we arrived for dinner. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Wait staff were efficient and friendly. The family enjoyed a little game of soccer with the children on the grass area. A much different and positive review than my last visit. Keep up the good work.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Relaxing venue, great spot and facilities. Games provided & music. Great food. Bar service a bit slow, staff didn’t have a great knowledge of food or beverages. Messed up our order , our vegan diner clearly didn’t get what she ordered.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 5, 2020

As a local we hoped that it had changed, but alas it hasn’t. Seems to attract the same beer swilling bogans it did under previous management which is a shame because we would love a great local pub. The food hasn’t improved either...the chips are good but hard to f#$& those up!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 7, 2019 via mobile

Lovely setting but unfortunately disappointed with the meals. After lunch drinks were muddled up too. The staff were friendly & pleasant.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed December 1, 2019 via mobile

The Peninsula has a glut of places to eat from a small local fish and chip shop to high end restaurant. But sometimes, what you need is a good old fashioned pub meal and that's what I was fortunate enough to have when I recently came here after work. I discovered that this place has only opened in the last 12 months or so and from the patronage, it's been well received.
I'm not a fan of the sportscasting and blaring of media when I eat but you can remove yourself from that by going to the dining area. The menu is as you'd expect at a pub - extensive. Portion sizes are great and could easily split a meal with a toddler. We had a the classic that everyone should have at a good pub and that's the Chicken Parmigiana that is nicely crumbed in panko with the usual napoli sauce, ham and cheese (and not too much cheese which is good) and some aioli. My friend had the very large service of fish and chips (fried flathead) that came with a puree of pea and some coleslaw. Large portion size and very fresh fish.
Can be a little noisy but that's what you'd expect for a place the size it is and I didn't find it distracting at all. Live music is also on some nights as well which is an attraction I may have to return for.
Staff were excellent and eager to please. Most helpful when my drink spilt and they replaced at no cost. Much appreciated.
Notes: wheelchair accessible, disabled friendly, kid friendly, reasonable parking out the front.

Date of visit: November 2019