“Very average”

Balnarring Village Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Balnarring B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were disappointed with this motel. The water pressure is low and goes from hot to warm without warning. The air conditioner is an old "in window" unit that is extremely noisy. The setting and management are both very nice but that is about where it ends. Look elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 30, 2013

First thing I noticed when I arrived was how peaceful the place is, with pretty flowering gardens. I was greeted at reception by Frank, who's friendly smile was very warm & welcoming.
My family & I travelled down from Sydney for my sons graduation from the Navy & motor inn is a short drive from HMAS Cerberus which was a definite bonus for us.
I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights & I must say we were impressed. The place had a nice "home" atmosphere about it. Both rooms were very clean, tidy & had a nice clean smell about them. There were extra pillows & blankets if required, iron, tea making facilities, BBQ area, air con, TV & DVD player. Breakfast was delivered nice & hot to our rooms & the pancakes were definitely a winner.
Across the road there's a great little pizza place where we ate the most amazing pizzas, a supermarket, bakery & a number of other shops.

Would I recommend this place? Yes.

Would I stay here again? Most definitely

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here, Thursday and Friday. We were given the key to our queen sized bed room, and when we entered there was an excessive smell of room freshner. We went out for a meal, and when we returned we tried to heat the room, but the unit did not work. Our calls to reception were unanswered, and when I went there, there was no one there. So we went out again, and on returning there was someone there who told me that I had to insert the tab on the key into a slot next to the unit. Silly me! Maybe a sign under the unit would have helped!?
The next morning I went to pay the bill, and to advise that we would be late that evening, and again there was no one there...but there was a mobile number to call which I did, and was informed that he would be returning 1 1/2 hours later, so I said to forget it, and I would settle the next morning.
The room was very clean, and the water was hot for a shower, and it was quiet. Close to the shopping centre.
However, whilst I can understand increased rates over the Summer season, I resented paying $30 more on the Friday over the Thursday, as we were the only people there on Thursday, and there were very few extra people there on the Friday. And we used the same sheets!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rbcabroi
Balmotel, Owner at Balnarring Village Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you were having trouble with the shower water pressure, just wish you had of let us know instead of having to read it on Trip Advisor. We have since had a plumber in to fix the problem. Apparently the water saver shower heads were causing the water pressure & temperature to go from hot to cold.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Booked a two night stay with my husband as we were attending a wedding nearby. Office staffers were cheerful and polite, our room was large with a queen sized bed, a foldout couch, tv with DVD player, kettle, microwave, cutlery and crockery. We had a very comfortable stay there and have absolutely no complaints!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a repeat of my post on http://www.booking.com/hotel/au/balnarring-village-motor-inn.en-gb.html?sid=eddcc1da46e82a44578ed0665d628e84;dcid=1;origin=disamb;srhash=2540401679;srpos=1#hash-blockdisplay4

This is what it reads:

No fuss stay at this place. Basic amentities expected of a motor inn. Location is good as a push-off to other attractions in Mornington. Oz is pretty big by comparison to where I come from so with a car on a road trip, distance is not really an issue. 30-40 mins is considered pretty near. Beds had elecric blankets and you can park right outside your unit. Very useful for luggage totting families like mine. Easy to locate (of course I was travelling with my trusty Garmin). Of course I only stayed one night so it was ok but if you are planning to stay a few nights and want to live it up, you need to keep looking. This is a no fuss motor inn. Clean by Singapore standards so that should speak volumes. Staff are friendly and greet you with a smile. Near to food and supermart. Perfect for non fussy travellers.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed last night and we were very surprised at how pleasant the motel room was - light and airy, nice furnishings, and it actually had reading lamps over the bed - a very big plus on our list - and a reading lamp lamp over the sofa.
Owners very helpful and friendly.
We had a look at the double rooms and the big family room and they looked great if you were travelling with family or friends.
The large BBQ area also looked good with plenty of tables and chairs for a group.
Would have liked a ceiling fan as the aircon was quite noisy - but very efficient.

Room Tip: In the middle of summer the rooms facing the BBQ could be very hot in the morning so you would need...