“so much more than pizza”
Review of Pizza D'oh!

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pizza D'oh!
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Corona del Mar, California, United States
“so much more than pizza”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

another cold rainy night looking for someplace to warm up and feed up. we were early, but were seated right away and ordered salads and foolproof italian dishes. as the locals started coming in we realized we had lucked into a real gem of a restaurant. upon our return visit, we didn't bother with the menu so much as chatted with the chef (the kitchen is right there in the heart of the action) and collaborated on a plan for our great meal. i don't think anything we had was strictly speaking on the menu, but it was all fresh gorgeous seafood, great local produce, and fun local wines. the whole time we were there (both times) the pizzas kept flying out the door. these folks do a big business out of a small location. i recommend coming in, sitting down and talking over ideas for your meal. it's amazing.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Margi M

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Another lovely meal at our favorite restaurant in Blairgowrie. Staff couldn't be more helpfull. Aways great to see so many locals nd friend there. Have never been disappointed with the meals or service. Keep it up guys loved it.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kerrie B
Swan Hill
“Second visit the last”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Returned after a positive experience. But that is it was treated poorly and food was about the same. Attitude to our son was disgusting especailly on a quiet night and no others in. Food not much different to Pizza Hut! and service to match.

• Visited August 2011
portsea
“Rude, smarmy owner abusive to staff”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

During our very ordinary meal the owner publicly humiliated a waitress in front of our table over something we knew she wasn't responsible for. When next he passed our table I informed him what had occurred and that the waitress wasn't at fault. He told me he had been a restauranteur for many years and that it was his business how he managed his staff. Well it's my business how I review his restaurant so here is another blast. As a local I will never recommend or frequent this sad excuse for a restaurant until I see the 'new owner' sign out front!

• Visited March 2012
5 Thank SDEP
Melbourne, Australia
“So dissapointing”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We've been travelling down to the peninsula for years now and finally decided to get the weekender and make it a more permanent arrangement. In doing this we are on the search for those regular spots that feel homey,have a good staff and your basic fare for a Sunday night. We we disappointed or what. . We arrived at 6 on a Sunday night - there were 4 other people in the restaurant. On the menu they have veal. I love veal. Now I'm off it for a while. It arrived at the table and had so much oil in it that when I pressed it with my finger you could see and hear it oozing out. Vegies were the same, I'd say shallow fried in the same pan. It was truly disgusting.
I just couldn't eat anything and settled for the bread.
The lovely wife had a 'clay pot prawn dish'. What a joke. Yes there were prawns, yes there was a clay pot. But that was as much as the two had in common. It was obviously sitting in a big bowl somewhere and they just pout it into the clay pot. That meal was edible, but maybe because we were both starving. Service I don't rate either. There were some regulars there who got the friendly treatment and we were looked and treated like second class citizens. In their defence, and a loose defence it is, they refunded my meal, but didn't apologise or acknowledge that they had given me a refund. I encourage all diners to avoid it and seek out alternate establishments.

• Visited June 2012