“Too expensive”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mt Eliza
Morning Star Estate
Ranked #2 of 4 Mt Eliza B&B and Inns
Alice Springs, Australia
“Too expensive”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

No reception service, no tv reception, could hear plates being stacked through the wall, dirty towel, noise from cool room below room, communal spa cold-not working and dirty. Maybe a review of price is needed!
Would not recommend! It's the unfunny version of Fawlty Towers!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Doug S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Where are all the great reviews on this wonderful establishment. The restaurant is first class with the service only found in top restaurants.

There were four of us including our 5 year old daughter who was well catered for. The entrees we had 1 x scallops and 2 x mixed entree were fantastic.

Then the mains were to die for. I had the trout which was succulent and tasty with fennel which i love. Just a gorgeous combination. The others had the lamb and stated they couldnt wait to come back and have it all again. The Ricketts point icecream just topped it off for me.

The view of the vineyards was a lovely backdrop on a wonderful afternoon. I also loved their 2005 SHiraz, so I bought several bottles. Do yourself a favour and do the same. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank kimbo66
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at Morning Star after an engagement party nearby. The double room was small, which did not really worry us as we were only there for one night, but if you are planning to stay longer and have a lot of luggage, it could get a little squishy.

That was really the only issue - the propery's gardens, which overlook the ocean, are superb and worthy of a morning stroll before breakfast (which started at 9am).

The self-service is fantastic if you are in a hurry - no waiting.

The breakfast buffet was great, with plenty of hot and cold food on offer. The wines weren't half bad either!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Schmoopys
Somerville
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Since the day we first enquired about having our wedding at Morning Star we have experienced nothing but excellent customer service.
Considering the large amount of weddings the venue has every year, Leah has always made us feel like we are the only couple she is organising a wedding for.
Whenever we visit the estate staff have gone out of their way to answer our questions or even just to say hello :)
We have hit the jackpot - breathtakingly beautiful venue, with friendly first class service!!
Morning Star - Keep up the great work, we can't wait to celebrate and share our special day with you all in October!!!

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kristy P
MELBOURNE
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I felt compelled to write my own review after stumbling across reviews of the Estate on Google and was amazed to see some negative ones.

I live near Morning Star and have been twice for lunch; once for mother's day with my wife and daughter and, once with two friends and their daughter.

Both times I have found the food and the service to be absolutely outstanding. The first time we went, the food was so good I Facebooked the attached photo of my main meal.

The second time was just as good with excellent service from everyone there. The Maitre D was particularly fantastic and great with our kids - as all the staff were. No one minded my daughter checking the restaurant out and all were careful when around her.

I love the venue itself - overlooking the sea and the vineyard. I can't think of a venue with a better view or grounds in Victoria.

But the food is to die for.

My mum comes next week and we'll be taking her then too!

Just to be clear - my review is of the restaurant. I can't comment on the hotel but based on my experience of the restaurant, I would stay at the hotel at the drop-of-a-hat. I love the venue and the restaurant and would expect the hotel to be of the same quality.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank declanpr
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My partner had taken me here for dinner last saturday night, and it was an amazing night! The food was delicious and well presented, service was impecable - warm, welcoming and accomodating, and the ambience was ideal for a cosy and comfortable dinning restaurant. 10/10 Morning Star Estate! Good Work we will be back very soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trent M
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Don't get me wrong, the venue itself is gorgeous. The grounds are spectacular! BUT - I had my wedding here in February and the service was absolutely SHOCKING! The accomodation is run by one company, the restaurant is owned by another separate company, and there are too many "managers" and "owners". Complete, complete lack of communication!

The lady (Pam) who works at the front desk cannot assist or help you with anything, since EVERYTHING is outsourced. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, every person we dealt with did not want responsibility and kept passing us over to the next person! I did not realize that all aspects of the company were run by totally different parties & there was no accountability or communication!!! It was extremely, extremely frustrating! We waited on average about 2 weeks for a reply to an email, and around 1 week for them to return a phone call.

It seemed like the only time they were so quick to reply is when our bill was due for payment. Sad, but very very true.

They provide you with a floor plan for your wedding set up, which I made up and sent back months before the wedding - which they confirmed all was OK - then, the DAY BEFORE the wedding, she informed me that it all had to be changed due to "council regulations". Obviously she did not take the time to look at what I had been sending or she would have realized this sooner!!! Even more frustrating: I had based ALL my wedding decorations around the floor plan I'd created.

They also told me MONTHS BEFORE the wedding, (and after getting the 'ok' from one of the "managers") that since our function had booked all the hotel rooms, we could have access to the Chardonnay room the next morning for breakfast for all our guests. They then told me 4 days before the wedding that if I still wanted to go ahead with this, I would have to pay $700 since it would be treated as a separate event. I had already printed this info on my invitations!!!!

Another thing I need to mention: our wedding was at 3:30pm and they kept the restaurant open for lunch service, but didn't tell us!! So I had organized my DJ to come in at 2pm so that he could set his stuff up. The lady actually sent him away, and told him to come back later. The lunch service was over at 3pm & they rushed to just throw everything together (all my decorations, flowers, etc). It was NOT the setup I had in my mind & I honestly didn't even feel like it was my wedding. The floor plan had changed, the DJ was pissed off at the venue people, the rooms were crap. It was horrible!!

The rooms are very small and definitely NOT worth the money you pay to stay there. There is no air conditioning and around half the rooms didn't even have a working fan (you can imagine how hot it would get in the summer).

I hope that whoever reads this and is considering a wedding at the Morning Star Estate, will think again before booking it there....If I had the chance to do it again, i would absolutely, 100% NOT have it there.

Lisa

#1 of 1 in Moorooduc
Mornington Motel
Mornington Motel
#2 of 2 in Mornington

Been to Morning Star Estate? Share your experiences!