“Poul”

Ranked #23 of 39 Restaurants in Mt Eliza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Good food.,.i had takeway food from i uselly order chichen tika masala, but i last time i took veg pumpkin masla it was febelus ,,

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Last night my wife took me to this restaurant for a romantic dinner. Sadly, this was not the case.
The couple who were sitting next to us complained bitterly to a member of staff that they had been in for 40 minutes and had still not had their order taken. They were reluctantly persuaded to stay. Their order was taken and their meal appeared magically within 20 minutes.
Despite misgivings and the couple at the next table saying "Good Luck" we stayed on. Big mistake. After an hour we still had not received our meal. All we had was one beer and a warm wine.
Both the other couple and we had been there on previous occasions but it will take a lot of persuasion to get us back. It seems to me that the take away orders get preference of those who are prepared to come and sit down.
We can't comment on the quality of the food because we didn't get any!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

What a shame the service is so poor. The wait staff and not up to scratch on many levels. I would be suprised if they have ever been trained properly . On the last three visits to this restaurant the service has been continally poor and that is why I am now writing this review as I would always accept one bad night. Each time we have gone it has not been busy so there is no obvious excuse. Waiting for water / drinks etc and having to re ask , then actually go up to the counter is just hard work and I won't be going back until the level of service lifts.
It is such a shame as the food is pretty good but after going to Kasturi Indian in Frankston only 7 mins drive away where the service was second to none I just woudn't bother here.

1  Thank seamer62
Reviewed October 14, 2012

One of the 'old reliables' in Mount Eliza for reeeeaaaally good Indian food, we usually call on The Rasoi for takeaway and they never disappoint. The restaurant could do with a warmer environment for in-house dining, but they do so well with take-away, perhaps they've forgotten they're a sit-down eatery.

No matter, they still get my vote!

2  Thank TheSurfchaser
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I love Indian and have tried many restaurants. The Rasoi is our Favourite. Always minimal waiting time for meals which are always brought out hot and very presentable. Staff are a bit hit and miss - one lady is fantastic but all are very friendly! Not a cheap Indian restaurant but worth spending the money on.

1  Thank Eic1