Norwood House Receptions & Accommodation
Frankston Motel(Frankston)(Great Value!)
$69
$66
Hotwire.com
Brooklands Of Mornington(Mornington)(Great Value!)
$117
$98
Hotels.com
Frankston International Motel(Frankston)(Great Value!)
$114
$85
$81
$91
  • Pool
Jackalope Hotel(Merricks North)(Great Value!)
$440
Travelocity
$95
Bay Motel Safety Beach(Mornington Peninsula)(Great Value!)
$93
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbasic kitchendouble spareception venueroom was clean and comfortablemornington peninsulastayed two nightsmain roada great stayshort driveenjoyed our stayweddingchrisaccommodationwineriescrockerycafes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We had a 30th to attend in mt Eliza at Canadian bay hotel so I researched where to stay in mt Eliza. There wasn't much available but we decided to choose Norwood reception centre mainly for the price. Any way I emailed a week before my bf and I were coming and asked availability for 3rd dec. I got a reply from the woman who runs the business she was like yes we have availability so I emailed back and said we had a party and had to drive an hr and a half to get there please book it. She wrote back yes you are booked in see you then. So we were hoping to get to the hotel around 7 and head to the party. Got there at 730 drove up the terrible driveway and looked into reception which wasn't manned. It says someone would be there until 830 pm but no one there. All these tacky signs saying no rooms avail stuck on the window. Any way I called the number and the owner answers the male I think his name was chris I said hi we have a room booked and this is his response as arrogant and rude as a pig. I gave your room away had no way of contacting you it's your problem deal with it!!!!! I was shocked and said I made the booking a week before and noone even asked for my details! He was downright rude didn't apologize or offer an alternative and hung up on me! What a way to run your business !! I went to the Canadian bay where people there told me this happens constantly as there are new owners!! So DO NOT stay here they are rude and arrogant the place looks like a prostitutes den for losers and it's a joke they want to charge 130 upwards a night!!! Stay at ranz hotel just a bit further up for 120 with people that are considerate!!! Bad business Norwood! Treat your customers with respect!!!

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Bellegirl13
krisbuzz, Owner at Norwood House Receptions & Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

B had emailed us on 3 occasions and phoned. She was aware that she had to arrive by 4.00pm because she had made no payment & we were fully booked. We had no mobile phone number for her, but because she had told us she was attending a local Hotel for a party, we kept the room until 8.00pm, at which time we sold it - and as everyone was booked in, closed the Office. At 8.15pm B phoned and was told that, whilst we were sorry for the situation, we felt we had done our very best in the circumstances. It was almost impossible to get a word-in with her, but I gave her the name of the only Motel in the area with a vacancy, and did she want me to ring them for her. I received a further tirade of abuse, and she told me she would spread it all over the internet, and tell everyone not to stay with us, and then she hung up on me. The Motel that I had given her the name of, rang us later, trying to get in touch with her - we gave them the name of the Hotel where the party was being held. We were glad we were able to secure a room for B, but we nevertheless spent a very uncomfortable evening, after such an inappropriate attack

Reviewed October 28, 2011

We booked for 3 nights in the Spa Room. When booking they did say that parts of the hotel had been renovated but that the spa Room was a bit tired. This is an understatement. The Spa Room was dusty and really run down, toilet kept running, bathroom door wouldn't close properly, kitchen cupboards wouldn't close and the bathroom vanity was rotting away. While it had a mini kitchen there was no fry pan and other basic items were missing. The bed was crammed into a small area.
We spent one night in that room before asking to move. They readily agreed.
What a contrast, the cheaper renovated room was really good. It was clean, well appointed and far nicer.
This might explain the contrasting reviews. Renovated rooms are very good but the older rooms are badly run down.
ONLY consider staying in a renovated room!!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2011

This was our 4th stay at Norwood House and we loved it. The owners were great and due to our many stays are on first name basis. Its nice to be greeted as friends and treated well and certainly well looked after by them and their staff. Breakfast is provided and as they do not have a restuarant on site they are very helpful in pointing us in the direction of good restuarants and wineries to visit. The rooms have been refurbished and are great.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane0438
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I stayed at Norwood house for 2 night's for a wedding and found the venue ( accommodation,ceremony & resecption) excellent the food, service & staff couldn't fault it at all would definitely stay there again next time i visit Melbourne

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2011

My wife and I held our wedding at Norwood House just a week ago and all I can say is 'absolutely wonderful'. The food was prepared exactly as we asked, and the owners went out of their way to accommodate all our and our guests requests. There simply was no request too big or too small. Every detail of the day and the morning after were perfect.

The rooms are undergoing renovations and I must say that they are looking good. This venue is the perfect place for a wedding or simply a weekend away to explore the mornington peninsula.

I highly recommend this venue to all!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family