We recently stayed here for two nights and were very impressed, particularly by the food which was of an incredibly high standard. These days so many places claim to source their produce locally but not many places can substantiate those claims to the same extent as the Pilgrims with virtually everything coming from within a few miles of the restaurant (and make no mistake, this is a restaurant not a pub) and all the suppliers named on the menu. The only (small) criticism I would have is that it was pretty quiet in the restaurant on both nights we were there (Friday and Saturday) resulting in a fairly muted atmosphere but this was more than compensated for by the wonderful food.
The rooms are modern, comfortable and furnisehd to a high standard. I would thoroughly recommend the Pilgrims for a relaxing gastronomic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pilgrims is a 4 star Restaurant with Rooms and holds 2 AA Rosettes. It's as relaxed as a country pub but the food is better than many a city restaurant - not least because all the ingredients come from 'just over the brow of the hill.' And the rooms are simply stunning, Egyptian cotton, king size beds, roll top baths and walk-in showers. The Pilgrims - the best of Somerset on a plate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Pilgrims at Lovington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pilgrims At Lovington Hotel Castle Cary
- The Pilgrims At Lovington Castle Cary, England