“Superb Reidence”
Attic Bedroom with en-suite Toilet sink, also has wi-fi and  TV
Back View of property and entrance for private parking at rear Family Bathroom with large shower Designer Bath
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Attic Bedroom with en-suite Toilet sink, also has wi-fi and  TV
Back View of property and entrance for private parking at rear
Family Bathroom with large shower Designer Bath
Lounge Flat Screen TV and sofa bed can sleep two also wi-fi
Kitchen with access to back door and decking
Dining Area with fireplace and original flag stone floor
Lounge with Large Flat screen TV and wi-fi on ground floor open to dining room and kitchen
Lounge Large Flat Screen TV , WI Fi all in one with dining room and kitchen on ground floor
Front of Flax Mill House
Double Bedroom with En-suite shower sink and toilet flat screen TV and wi fi
Lounge that includes the sofa bed TV and wi fi
Attic Bedroom with en-suite toilet and sink TV and Wi Fi
Double bedroom with en-suite shower toilet and sink Flat Screen TV Wi FI
Front of house
Kitchen access to back door and decking and garden
Kitchen entrance utility back of house access to decking and garden
Main Family Bathroom large shower and designer bath
Lounge with sofa bed TV and WI FI
Lounge with sofa bed
Bathroom Family with deluxe bath and large shower
Lounge with Flat Screen TV WI FI all on the ground floor with open to dining room and kitchen
Double Bedroom Flat screen TV  WI FI and ensuite
Lounge on ground floor with open to dining room and kitchen
En-suite to Double Bedroom
Area behind property to relax , Garden
Family Bathroom with large shower and bath
Attic Double Bedroom with TV WI FI and en-suite toilet sink, access to this is tight steep stairs
Single Bedroom with flat screen TV WI FI
Single Bedroom with flat screen TV and WI FI  back of house.
En-Suite to Double Bedroom with shower
Single Bedroom TV and WI FI
Small Decking area rear of property to enjoy a glass of wine..
Kitchen, with recliner to sit and read morning paper.
Rear of Victorian Property
Lounge with sofa bed and flat screen TV WI FI
Country View to front of house
Lounge on ground floor with open to dining room and kitchen
Single bedroom with TV WI FI
Stair access from first floor
Lounge on first floor with sofa bed and flat screen TV and WI FI
Decking Area
En-Suite to attic room toilet and sink
Attic Bedroom King size bed TV WI FI and En-Suite Original Fireplace and stripped pine floors
En-Suite To Attic Room
King Size Bed in Attic Room with En-Suite TV WI FI
King Size Bed with TV WI FI Original Stripped pine floors and fitted wardrobes Victorian Fireplace
Rear View Of Victorian House
Front Country View
King Size bed with En-Suite Shower Stripped Pine Floors Original Fireplace
Original fitted wardrobe to King size Leather Bed Flat Screen TV WI FI Fireplace
Small Decking area watch the sun go down and have a nice chilled glass of wine.
Decking area
Dining area old Victorian Table Flag Stone floors and Log Burner Fire
King Size Bed with en-suite looking to country view at from Flat Screen TV WI FI
Luxury Family Bathroom
Luxury Family Bathroom
Corner of single Bedroom
Sofa Bed in Lounge Flat screen TV stripped origonal floors WI FI
Sofa Bed in Lounge Flat screen TV stripped origonal floors WI FI
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

bennydavi...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Superb Reidence”
Reviewed August 10, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My family and I stayed end of July 17 flax mill house was spotless on arrival and instructions to find the property given by Jane was easy to find.
The bathroom was superb hosting shower gel shampoo and plenty of toilet roll. As it was self-catering we didn't expect this.
Easy to park our car in private place, neighbours very helpful and the town such a nice walk to have a cool beer, and take in the history.
Children enjoyed it too running up and down the four floors, glad we had a cleaner booked as wouldn't of wanted to tackle the cream carpet.
Beds very comfy and linen and towels very clean smelt lovely.
Great wi fi and the children enjoyed extra channels.
Only one disappointment we should of booked the whole week as when we moved to our next property not a patch on Janes.

Aug 10, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review, house was left very clean and would recommend you to any host. Thank you
Jane D
“Mr Mrs ”
Reviewed August 8, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We had a lovely family gathering at this large property in Castle Cary called Flax Mill House it was comfortable very clean fresh linen and towels and it's designer decorated with some lovely interesting detail.
Bathroom was beautiful with free standing bath and large shower and having two en-suites was a bonus.
We Sat in the garden and had a meal and a drink this was lovely and quiet, and the neighbours so kind and helpful and inviting.
I notice others criticism on here about neighbours and we found the complete opposite friendly and even invited for us to join for a drink.( some people do not know what to moan about )
We phoned Jane as two lights in the lounge was broken and a electrician arrived immediately, most impressive.
We found nothing was too much trouble for her she kept in touch to see if we were comfortable.
Great fast Wi Fi and nice to have TVs all over the house, also a well fitted kitchen.
Comfy beds and from the top attic bedroom you can see the church lit up at night beautiful.
The property is on a road and we were worried when we arrived about noise but this did not disturb us.
Also private parking for two cars.
We were happy to pay the fee to clean the property as we left to find it as we arrived , as we thought we needed to mention it as others have mentioned it in there review.
Well after our holiday the cleaning fee was worth every penny of £80 we would of paid more.
The cost of renting the whole house was good
too.
Our only complaint we should of booked longer but we will return and book longer next time.
Thank you Jane for looking after us and keeping inTouch, you should be proud in offering a lovely home to your guests and making us welcome.
Also thank you for the speedy return of our breakage deposit.

Aug 9, 2017
Thank you for your kind review , it was a pleasure to host you, welcome to return anytime, recommended to any future hosts. Jane
Elliepar
“Would not stay here again - AVOID”
Reviewed July 4, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

House is dirty from top to bottom, crumbs left on top of the toaster from previous occupants, toilets and sinks left with stains, showers and mirrors are smeared and disgusting. The house also smells damp and musty in the kitchen. The floor tiles are dusty in the kitchen and have not been cleaned in some time, if you don't have any slippers with you then you need to wash you feet before getting into bed. The hall carpet which should be cream is dirty and marked. The shower in the main bedroom is a health and safety hazard as I burnt my hand and feet because the temperature appears to be stuck on boiling hot instead of the correct maximum temperature recommended by HSE. The neighbours nosey and noisy. The sofa bed is not fit for purpose and the bedding does not fit and finally be warned the owner does not notify you until the day after you have left the property that there was an issue in her eyes and then has the audacity to holds onto bond money without proof. There is an antique rug in the lounge (the one where the sofa bed is) that she has accused a member of our party of staining, the owner firstly said that she thought it was red wine, then blood, as the room was used as a bedroom, we have reiterated that we have not spilt anything, she has not allowed the member of the party to return to the house to inspect this damage but instead has held back the £200 bond which was over and above the normal amount that she requests through Booking.Com - I WOULD AVOID VISITING THIS PROPERTY AT ALL COSTS

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jul 8, 2017
Thank you for your review, I will answer the best I can as you have made many accusations, and it is very unfortunate you felt like this.

I must state this is the first time anyone that has stayed at my property and has written something like this, my reviews always usually quite positive I cannot state I have had all 10s as this would be impossible but a complaint as bad as this I am totally shocked usually 10s for cleanliness and believe me this is not easy to get as this is a perfect score.

This is based 9.4 over 41 reviews which I am proud of as I try and make my clients as comfortable as possible giving a lovely home and value for money

I also have had a text from you that once you get your £200 back you will change the guest review?

If this is the way you felt when you wrote it then there is nothing to change.

When guests arrive I always welcome them with a text or email to give the code,

I also ask guests once they arrive is everything to your liking and I hope you like the property! any problems! and please feel free to treat it as home from home and enjoy.

You ignored this?? No reply from your all weekend no phone call nothing,

Then was the time to tell me you were horrified at the disgusting dirty house you entered. You said nothing.
When guests arrive at my property they have my tel number email and booking.com number and two other tel numbers in the guestbook to contact at any time, if the house was that dirty as you stated, ( I myself would not have stayed there ) the normal thing anyone would do is to do is pick up the phone and complain.

If anyone complained I would get cleaners there straight away to put it right but If I do not know, if I do not get constructive critique then, I cannot act upon it.
When the cleaners cleaned the house that morning, no issue with the water and you can regulate the shower,

As for the smell again nothing before you arrived from the people who left a few hours earlier or from the people after you, actually the people in before you left all 10s and said it was clean and really enjoyed my house.

The Nosey Noisey Neighbours as you stated in some of my reviews I have had guests state how lovely and helpful they are,

I mentioned to you when you contacted me before arriving asking about parking 4 cars, I stated there is only place for two cars as its a private road and its very limited space, I also mentioned there was some waste ground at the end of the road if you needed.

You turned up in four cars and the nosey noisy neighbours were kind enough to give you their parking place for two of your cars ( they could have given it to other neighbours but gave to you which I find very kind ) as they were away for the weekend, so they must have been really nosey and noisy ? They are very upset about this, to be honest. You yourselves or one of your party were talking to neighbours telling them where you were going etc, I suggest if you want to call them nosey do not tell them your business ( I cannot control who you talk too )?

The sofa bed is a 4ft bed small not a double but for one quite adequate and this is stated in my details it is a normal sofa bed approx 8 months old. So your statement, not fit for purpose I am not sure what you meant. ? ( clearly stated again at Booking.com if you didn't want a sofa bed it would have been wise to book elsewhere.

Regarding the deposit, I take a deposit between £150 to £200 depending on how many guests and this is stated and I return within 24 hours, remembering this is a damage, breakage deposit. ( again in my reviews has another guest complained I do not give back there deposit ) when I was told there was this nasty red stain on the antique rug, I was horrified but accidents happen,

I did not contact the same day of departing as usually people are driving home and cannot use their phone in the car so I rang early Monday Morning and you seemed very happy when asked if you had a good time you said yes, it was only when I asked nicely if someone had an accident as I thought someone hurt their selves and if it was blood I would know how to get it out, you turned swiftly into having a nice time to on the defence stating there was nothing there,

I then asked maybe it was red wine as I thought again I could get the stain out without stopping any deposit. You stated no stain was made by your party or anything was dropped and required photograph evidence which I showed you.

You flatly refused it was not anything to do with anyone in your party and asked to visit the property to see the same stain I sent you a picture of, this house has a key safe entry system and I had a arrived that day which I am not allowed to give someone else the key code when someone else is arriving for security reasons , but I did say I would try and get hold of someone to go from Bristol one hour drive to let your friend in from Wincanton but I am sorry I was unable to contact anyone, I did really try, but it would not have changed anything. The stain is there.

The person in before you have made a statement that no mark was on the carpet on leaving that's the last guests in before you, the cleaners state there was no mark on the carpet after the last people left too they left it very clean and tidy and on time.

We found a cartoon exactly the same colour as stain Called FUNKIN Cocktail Mixture flavour Strawberry DAIQUIRI, which funny enough is exactly the same colour as the stain and you test me to tell me you threw this down the drain yourself, it does not mean its not the stain on the carpet.

So there is only one party who could have damaged the carpet, however, I asked specialists how much to clean the rug and quoted £70 to £80 but thought they would not be able to get this out, so to try and come to a conclusion as accidents happen.

I offered for you to pay £35 of your deposit towards cleaning which would have been £5.00 each as there were five of you and return £165 as I wanted to get this sorted quickly.

I had a text quickly from you stating you want to full £200 back or your contacting your solicitor and I thought I was being very generous seeing its antique rug and I was already told they did not think it would come out.

So I thought £35 very generous offer, then one of your party pretended to make a booking through a third party booking site which I found very unprofessional to contact me about the rug I told her the same I was happy to return £165 but you refused she thought it was very generous.

So the conclusion is yes, I kept the £200 towards a new rug as I was told in the first place they did not think it would come out.
I hope I have answered your questions and other guests who have stayed and returned hopefully know me better than this guest review who only decided to state this after no money to be returned.

Thank you for your review and comments and I wish you best in the future.
Arun M
New York City, New York
“Mr”
Reviewed October 27, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Had a great visit! Highly recommend. Cute little town with good food and very nice folks. The countryside is beautiful as well.

Nov 4, 2016
It was a pleasure to have you stay at Flax Mill House, welcome back anytime , Great Guests Many Thanks
tony w
“Superb”
Reviewed September 3, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Flax Mill House, Superb interior excellent rooms and comfortable, nicely decorated and quirky, all the facilities you need. House very clean and owner very accommodating. Private parking to the rear and private garden behind the garage. Very comfortable and perfect place to stay to and explore, for work or vacation we were there for Bath and West Show ground just along the road easy to get too and with plenty of amenities within walking distance of Castle Cary. Will return as the stay was not long enough. Thank you.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Sep 5, 2016
Thank you for your feedback I am glad you felt at home , your family are welcome to stay with us at Flax Mill House anytime.

Kind Regards
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely character house”
Reviewed August 22, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Placed in a lovely location with a house full of character. The communication from the proprietor was fantastic and even emailed me to say the rooms were ready a it earlier than expected so we could move in quicker.

We would certainly consider using this again.

One minor thing to highlight is we felt the house had a bit to many "things" around and could feel a tad cluttered.

Overall-Really Good!

Traveling group: Friends
Aug 22, 2016
Thank you, Glad you had a lovely Stay, Welcome back anytime.
KittyJapa...
“Beautiful house, very spacious and clean.”
Reviewed July 27, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

Lovely house. Would suit a family or a group of friends. Quiet location, beautiful countryside. It was a pleasure to stay there.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jul 28, 2016
Please return anytime, pleasant guests, a pleasure to accommodate. Many Thanks
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing