All reviews asakusa station sensoji temple very clean and nice hotel hotel breakfast buffet narita airport solo trip sumida river family mart plus point walking distance little touches japanese cuisine minute walk direct access small size room amenities the hotel staff
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019

My wife and I stayed here for one night during the last week of March. Service, like most places in Japan, was very polite and professional. The room (a two person room) was clean, but a tad small, even for a Tokyo hotel. The bathroom/toilet was also clean and the shower had good water pressure. We paid extra for the breakfast and was surprised by an excellent eastern/western style buffet. This was easily the best hotel breakfast buffet I ever had and I would pay extra again for it. The location was good. Hotel is about a five minute walk from the subway and about a 10-15 minute walk from the Kaminarimon. Recommended!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Howard C
Reviewed March 29, 2019

Location is really good. Near Senso-ji temple. By metro (10 minutes walk) you can easily connect to Ueno Park, Ginza and Shibuya. From Ueno (1 metro stop) you can take Shinkansen (Nikko, Kyoto, Kanazawa, Narita by Skyliner).
Hotel is very clean and quiet.
Staff is very friendly and helpful (but sometimes English is a barrier).
Very good rate quality-cost.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arded1969
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Lovely small hotel. Super cozy. Accessible and walking distance to Sensoji Temple. A lot of restuaranta nearby. Certainly a great place to stay in Asakusa. Buffet breakfast was the best. You're definitely in for a treat

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Sol L
Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

The location is not the most ideal. It is very far away from the main tourist spots like Shinjuku and shinbuya - about 45 mins using the efficient subway. It’s about 350 meters to the kuramae and Asakusa stations. The Ginza line Asakusa station is about 850 meters away. There are not many eateries within the vicinity. A convenient store is located only a few hundred meters away. It is however quite convenient to get to Narita Airport from the hotel (Asakusa Line : use exit A2b if you have luggage, otherwise use exit A3a) pl note that this train WILL not run if there is snow! I was unfortunate that the train did not run when I needed it. So I had to use the Skyliner to Ueno station and walked a few hundred meters to transfer to the Ginza line. From the Asakusa Station, it’s another 850 m to the hotel.

The room is quite clean but the cleaning lady always left dirty cleaning cloth in my room. It happened on 2 days out of 8. I have stayed in very small rooms before in Tokyo but Hotel Hokke Club takes the cake. You can’t swing a cat in the room.

I had no interaction with the staff except during checkin and checkout. The staff very quite friendly except for one bespectacled male staff who was on duty on 10 Feb at about 6.15 am - he was very rude. His rude behavior was downright obtrusive.

I think that at this price point, there are definitely better options in Tokyo. After my 8 nights stay, I was bemused by the positive TA reviews. I’d have rated this hotel much higher if it was my 1st time in Tokyo but having stayed in several other hotels before, Hotel Hokke Club does offer a good price to value ratio.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Chung1234
Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a week during my Tokyo trip. Their service is execellent. While the room may be small, it is good enough to meet my requirement. I enjoyed the breakfast very much. Every morning, I look forward to have breakfast for a good start of the day. The food is tasty and has good variety of selection.

I will stay here again.