All reviews ueno train station would stay here again great location nice hotel hotel is located around the corner ginza line minute walk ameyoko jr english lawson japan lines luggage
Selected filters
Reviewed June 1, 2019

I had a long stay at this hotel, and it was a great place to have as a "home base", the staff was kind and courteous, the room was functional, I had the widebed room, and although the room itself might be a little small for some, it was a perfect size for me and also has good soundproofing, there was a construction site next door, but I would only notice it was there when I went out of my room.
The hotel also has a vending machine, microwave and a coin washing machine.
It also includes a good breakfast of mostly bread, but they also had a protein, like chicken or pork,yougurt and soup.
The best part was the location, it is about 3-5 minutes away from the Ueno Station JR Lines via the Panda Bridge.
About 2-4 minutes from the Ueno Station Tokyo Metro lines(Ginza line, that goes to Asakusa and the Hibiya line).
Also about 5-7 minutes from the Ueno Keisei Station, in case you are arriving/leaving in the Keisei Skyliner train.
All in all, I had a great stay here, and would stay here again should I choose to stay in Ueno in the future

Room tip: Non Smoking rooms on the 10th floor, on the 1010~ side has a view of Tokyo Skytree
Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed March 10, 2019

We choose Guest One Hotel as it is extremely closed to Ueno station, probably 3-5min walk the most. We are happy with our choice - the room even though tight is sufficient for two, you can still manage to open a 29" luggage at one corner. The breakfast is basic but surprisingly the breads are freshly made and yummy !
Well, I will definitely choose this hotel again for my next trip with a similar budget.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2019

Due to dodgy behaviour by another hotel in Ueno I was stranded on Christmas Eve with two kids and needed a hotel for 8 nights over Christmas and New Year. What were the chances?
But clearly a Tenshi was on my side because I stumbled across this hotel and they took me in and offered a Christmas miracle.
In fact the staff were incredibly helpful to a walk in at 11pm with two exhausted children.
This hotel is located in the best area, mere meters from Ueno train station with JR lines, around the corner from both a 7/11 and a Lawson and across the road from the best markets in Tokyo.
Check out Ueno Park on the other side of the station. It’s amazing.
Rooms are typical Tokyo size, but breakfast is included and bathrooms are good. The housekeeping staff go above and beyond. I can’t recommend this hotel more highly and I was in two minds about reviewing it at all, as I’d like to keep this gem to myself but that wouldn’t be fair, nor in the spirit in which the hotel blessing fell into my lap.
While in Ueno just walk around the area, away from the main road. You’ll get an amazing insight into city living in Tokyo.
10/10

Room tip: All the rooms are tiny but I suspect the 15’s on each floor are slightly bigger according to the evacuation map.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Pretty new hotel. All staffs are very friendly. The hotel is closed to JR, Subway, Ameyoko Market, and restaurants. Surprisingly, the place is very quiet. So, you can have a good rest for your next day.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Rooms are very small, but this is Japan. Everything is functional and clean. However, for this price I would have expected more.

The rooms even have a safety deposit box. Breakfast is minimal, but good. Staff are helpful and speak English (and Chinese).

The location is quite good. Only a 5 minute walk to Ueno station from where you will get everywhere in Tokyo.

Date of stay: August 2018