All reviewsminami senju stationtrain stationplace to staytatami roomfree breakfastrooms are smalltokyo skytreeraoulshoweryenhosteljapantoiletscerealbudgetjrshoes
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Me and my party of 5 stayed for 7 nights at a rate of 4000yen per single room(for double occupancy) per night and it was a total bargain considering prices for accomodation in tokyo.Admittedly, the room was small(it was meant for a single person) but aren't all modes of accomodation in tokyo that way?Anyway the room that we took was merely our base for the night, most of our days were spent on the streets of tokyo, so no sense splurging on luxurious hotels which can cost a bomb in Japan. The cost savings from accomodation allowed us to achieve more on our travels in and around tokyo.
The inn was a little difficult to locate at first, and since most Japanese people do not speak english, asking for directions was difficult to say the least. It was a good 5-10 minute walk from minami-senju station, but we went to tokyo in the dead of winter so,seeing that we came from a tropical climate, it was great walking in the cold(ie. no sweating!). Do note that you do have to cross an overhead bridge WITH STEPS so some manual labour, with regards to luggage, is involved!
The staff at Aizuya Inn were great, all of them spoke fluent english and had no qualms helping in whatever way they could. Raoul even cooks up free soba meals every once in a while!
The decor in aizuya inn is really cozy, the ground floor toilets are really something! They offer a nice living area on the ground floor with free internet and brochures to aid your trip planning. The living room could only accomodate 5 or 6 people but most of the time, it was empty so there was no problem with that. We often had our meals(cheap and delicious bentos bought from a nearby supermarket) and hang out sessions there. Truly memorable moments.
What i really rate about aizuya inn though, is how amazingly clean everything is. From the toilets, to the showers, to the rooms and tatami mats. Then again, thats just the way Japan is. Forget complaints about the thin walls. You should be glad that you've managed to find accomodation at S$30 per night in tokyo! Anyway after 10 in the evenings, the hallways in aizuya inn are usually quiet as people retire to their rooms for the night. Don't worry yourself silly about the 5min showers. You do get to stop the timer as you are soaping youself so more than sufficient time there!
All in all, a great place to stay and i'll definitely be back sometime in the foreseeable future!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jansen88
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I just fell in love with this place.! I liked everything,starting from the cozy decor and ending with clean showers. Even small tatami room was big enough for me. The rooms ( i was in three of them) were spotless (the whole place was clean),nice smelling with tatami mats and futon which I just adore! I didn't use the kitchen too much, but you have there everything you need,(and iron).Showers are paid but not a surprise,they mention it at the website and 5 minutes it's enough. Lobby is small but nice with 2 computers,table and a lots of guides,books and leaflets which are helpful with planning your stay.
Outstanding staff, very friendly and helpful, made me feel like i was amongst good friends.
There is also a small bar nearby with simple,cheap tasty and filling breakfasts opened also at night for a drink and snack(and books if you like read while eating).
The only problem was noisy travelers but I am a bit sensitive about it and it's not the hostels fault.
I spent 8 nights there, then I had to move to anonter hostel in the neigborhood which was slightly cheaper but so bad that as soon I had chance I came back to Aizuya Inn.
I highly recommend this place and I will go back there my every stay in Tokyo!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2010

it's a beautiful place, near minami-senju tokyo metro and JR! safe, secured, room perfect an clean, staff very funny and like a friends! if you go to tokyo, go to aizuya inn! is the BEST!! i whish to return here! is very funny talk on the room for breakfast or for pc! the shower is perfect and clean, the bathroom is very beautiful design, kawaii! ^__^ it's a place to life! its a my real home. aizuya :)
by magical girl!! \*o*/

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Just a few minutes from the station, this hostel is in a good location for exploring Tokyo. The rooms are small but clean with TV (no English channels). Have to pay for showers and stove but free internet. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Wonderful hostel in Tokyo. Super clean and tidy. Friendly staff who are happy to help and all speak very good English. About an 8 minute walk to the station. Lots of leaflets, books, guides, magazines in the lounge alongside free internet and a large TV. The rooms are quite small but for a private room in Tokyo the price is excellent. I loved my time there.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo