Aizuya Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
All reviewsminami senju stationtrain stationpay yenplace to staytatami roomfree breakfastsolo travellerrooms are smallshort staytokyo skytreejapanese stylesensoji templeraoulshowerhosteltoiletscereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed for five nights and enjoyed my stay! The rooms as well as the toilets and showers are clean and well maintained! The metro station and shops for food are close by and I enjoyed the bicycle rent! If I ever come back to Tokyo, I will return to Aizuya Inn any time!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Aizuya is located in a really weird and dodgy feeling area. There are loads of old men, creepy strip joints and it is not uncommmen to see homeless people. There are no dining options in this area at all, nor shopping districts. In saying this, Aizuya is good because with a short walk you can access both the Tokyo Metro and JR, and get away from the area and explore the rest of Tokyo. Ueno is only 3 stops away with the Metro.
The owners have gone to great trouble to make Aizuya Inn a cultural experience, decorating every bathroom with tokens of Japan. The dorm bedroom is quite okay, although considering their large intake of guests you think they could have upgraded the dorm beds once in the last century (you cannot move without squeaking). The dorm bedroom has a plus though, open rooftop which is great for Sake drinking with other travellers!
This is quite a good place to stay in Tokyo as long as you do not stay in your immediate area, and do not mind an excessive amount of patronizing signs that are stuck ALL OVER THE INN. Negative- you have to pay to shower. The kitchen is also disgusting, while the owners have stuck signs all over the place telling you to clean up after yourself, it should be noted that they have to play their part as well. Microwave and toaster are filthy. All in all, there is a penny counting feel about Aizuya, but it is quite adequate to stay here for a few nights.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

First impression was this is not a relaxing place after long trip.

Very Tricky to find out the hostel from Train stn for sure I have to cross the steel bridge up and down and found Koban then walked 20 minutes.
Even Takes 15 minute walk if you know the path.

Check in process was not easy what I was informed was curfew time and Shower charging to save the planet with no receipt was given.

I booked single for 2 nights when I got in the room and Room was like a prison cell and found out no Wifi connection whatsoever even in lobby area. You need to type hurredously long password, and there is No signal??? It is punishing when you need Internet really bad.

Washrooms are awful( I don't know how to clean myself with that!!) no bidet in toilet.

I know many travelers especially solo women left good comment( that's why I booked) but, I strongly don't recommend. It is worth of 1000 yen per night paying.

P.s. : the neighborhood is definitely shady area - Old men are wandering and drinking like lost dogs at day time beacause it seems located near welfare center. at night time. Officers in Koban are Doing great job to control

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have been here some years (2008) ago but forgot to sent my warm thanks to this place. Nice spot with good people working there. Same goes for sanitair and cleaniness. Sleeping on a tatami was our first experience in Japan!

Will come back

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Aizuya Inn is hands down the best place to stay in Japan when you don't know the area, the staff is perfect, the rooms are clean and wonderful, and the staff is some of the best people I have ever met. Make sure to stick around during the night so you can meet Kimon, He's one of the staff members and is very insightful and will be very helpful if you need it! Raul is the day person, and he is also an excellent human being, you will be treated so well in the Aizuya Inn. The prices are great, and the toilets are really good. I had the best time because of this place, and I was also able to use the Wifi to speak to my family. There is no where else to stay but this place look no further!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends