Stayed here for 7 nights just last week. This place is located in a 5-minute walk from Tawaramachi station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line which is just one stop away from Asakusa. You can also walk to Asakusa easily via the Shin-Nakamise street. There are lots of eateries located around this ryokan so it is very convenient to drop by for breakfast before sight-seeing at other areas. The staff speak English and gave me some maps around Tokyo which are useful.
As a solo traveller, it is not easy to find an affordable single room as most budget options are dorms where you have to share a room with other travellers. At 4,500 yen a night, you get a single room with attached bathroom which is quite a good deal. This is a no-frills ryokan and you have to clear your own rubbish (there are trash bins on each floor) and exchange the used towels for new ones at the counter everyday.
The only complaint I have was the tiny basin which was so small that it was so difficult for face washing. Other than this, this place is highly recommended for travellers for its location and price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hostel offers affordable and accessible accommodation in Asakusa Tokyo. In the heart of Tokyo you will enjoy an inexpensive, cozy, and convenient stay at the Toukaisou Ryokan. We are located in Asakusa, the heart of the old downtown (Shitamachi) Tokyo, an area reminiscent of traditional Japan, which is quite rare in modern-day Tokyo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Rakuten, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Asakusa Ryokan Toukaiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asakusa Ryokan Toukaiso Hotel Taito
- Asakusa Ryokan Toukaiso Tokyo, Japan