Stayed here one night out of necessity, and was pleasantly surprised. Extremely reasonably priced. We stayed in a double room with ensuite, and it was lovely. Well decorated, free tea, TV, free (fast) wireless, shower and toilet were both clean and hot water plentiful.
The staff were nice enough, and provided a map of the area. The building next door must join onto the hostel quite closely, as we have heard some intimate occurences throughout our stay (!) but that isn't the fault of the hotel. Location is fantastic, only 5 minute walk from Tawaramachi on the Ginza subway line.
Beware one thing - they say their dryer is "quite weak" - this is an extreme understatement, I think using a hair dryer to dry my clothes might have been faster.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hostel offers affordable and accessible accommodation in Asakusa Tokyo. In the heart of Tokyo you will enjoy an inexpensive, cozy, and convenient stay at the Toukaisou Ryokan. We are located in Asakusa, the heart of the old downtown (Shitamachi) Tokyo, an area reminiscent of traditional Japan, which is quite rare in modern-day Tokyo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Rakuten, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Asakusa Ryokan Toukaiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asakusa Ryokan Toukaiso Hotel Taito
- Asakusa Ryokan Toukaiso Tokyo, Japan