We stumbled into this great little hotel on our first day in Tokyo.
We stayed in a Japanese-style room, which was very comfortable. The interior decor is really tasteful. The japanese-style bath is nice as well - and there's a great view of the Senso-ji Temple pagoda from the men's side.
The room was more expensive than what we're used to paying in other cities, but it seems to be considered reasonable for Tokyo standards.
The hotel is close to a covered market area and the Senso-ji Temple. It's a nice part of Tokyo that's a bit quieter. There are lots of older buildings in this area that make it very quaint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are by the Nakamise avenue, and a short walk from Asakusa Station, If you are planning to visit Ueno, Ginza, and Nikko, you can reach directly. We have Japanese style baths on 6th floor. There are two rooms separated for male and female. Please enjoy your bath time with the sight of five-storied pagoda. Traditional Japanese cuisine, "WASHOKU" was placed as a UNESCO's intangible cultural heritage in 2013. Traditional "WASHOKU" breakfast is composed of TAMAGO-YAKI (Japanese-style omelet), YAKI-ZAKANA (grilled fish of the season), NI-MONO (seasonal boiled dishes), SHIRU-MONO (soup dishes) and GOHAN (boiled rice). The quintessence of "WASHOKU" is to take the full advantage of seasonal ingredients. Menu varies with the seasons. Beside its tastes, "WASHOKU" breakfast is served with special attention to its appearance and nutrient balance. Please enjoy the authentic "WASHOKU" breakfast in Ryokan Shigetsu. Asakusa is one of the most well known and popular towns in Tokyo. The roads leading to the famous shrine there provide an abundance of cultural curiosities ,from sweets to yukatas to good luck charms. Ryokan Shigetsu is located right around the corner of the main street "Nakamise-dori." You can relax in the Japanese style room and bath just as comfortable and convenient as using an ordinary hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, JAPANiCAN, Expedia, Hotwire, Rakuten, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Asakusa Shigetsu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asakusa Shigetsu Hotel Taito
- Asakusa Shigetsu Tokyo, Japan