My partner did a lot of research before finally deciding on this hotel, and I attest that its a brilliant choice.
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!!
The room size is small n tight, walking space n luggage is a squeeze.
This is compensated with the good sized and comfortable bed, sleeping 2 Asian adults.
The aircon was quiet n cold, although my partner complained of cigarette smell from the vents in the night, possibly from the 2nd floor smoking rooms.
The bathroom is very efficient. Loved the Japanese toilet bowl with its bidet function and I think it probably has a heating seat during winter.
The water pressure is strong. It gives you a nice massage as you shower.
Housekeeping did a good job to keep the room clean n provided crisp n clean towels each evening we returned.
Front desk personnel were very helpful, with their limited English, most were keen to offer assistance to their best ability, sometimes apologetically, but they were all wonderful.
Didnt have a chance to try the restaurant food as it seems closed whenever we returned from our day tripping.
Their close access to the UENO subway station is a BONUS, for shopping, for breakfast, to access to other parts of Tokyo....
Thank you, I had a most pleasant stay at your hotel.
- a short 10 minutes walk from the UENO subway station
- lifts to help with the shopping after a tiring day out.
- underground passage (EXIT2) to keep u from the rain n cold, almost leading directly to the hotel.
- turn right from the hotel, is a ramen place, that offers delicious and quick pick me up meal to start your morning.
- across the Panda Bridge to AMEYOKOCHO is a stretch of local shopping, eateries for yakitoris, tempura ramen, Japanese crackers, fresh seafood- the oysters were succulent and cheap, if only can be frozen for taking back to enjoy.
- AMEYOKOCHO, for sports goods, Asics running shoes, adidas attire all are at a fraction of those in the malls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JAPANiCAN, Booking.com, Rakuten, Expedia, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Ueno Touganeya Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Touganeya Hotel Taito
- Ueno Touganeya Hotel Tokyo, Japan