Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Hotel was a lovely experience. As it is a ryokan yes you sleep on mats on the floor and yes you have a shared bathroom but that’s all part of the experience. Hotel was very clean and comfortable. Staff were soooo friendly and helpful and spoke English. It is located in a quieter part of Tokyo (not a bad thing) but only a 10 min walk to a train station. Thank you so much for the staff for looking after us so well. We will be going back.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
andonryokan, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Andon Ryokan, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Dear Jessi James C

Thank you for your kind comments!!

It feels like you like it and we are very happy.
It is a quiet area even in Tokyo, almost no sound will be heard at night.
I think that it is important to get a comfortable sleep.

Most of the people staying at this Ryokan is a traveler.
There is a jacuzzi to heal the tired body of sightseeing, there are sticking futon.

There is a large renovation work in December of this year, and it will be more comfortable.
It will be realized when you return here.
Please look forward to.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

I stayed at Andon Ryokan for a week and it was a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful and greeted me with green tea and a cool towel when I arrived. Throughout the week the staff helped me with making reservations and giving tips and advice. The rooms are small and you share bathroom and shower but everything was clean and I didn't have any issues with it during the week. A very nice feature is the Jacuzzi that you can book and after a long day it felt amazing to soak in it. The hotel is located in a quite area but still only two stops from Akihabara. I cant recommend this place enough and will certainly stay here next time. If you stay here I recommend that you buy your subway tickets from them as it is cheaper than from the machine in the station.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
andonryokan, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Andon Ryokan, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Dear RaygunGothic

Thank you very much for stay Andon Ryokan and your comments!

I`m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Since we clean every day without fail, we are trying to maintain cleanliness.
We also offer breakfast, rooftop terrace and jacuzzi so that we can provide customers with a comfortable life, I hope that all the customers can have good memories.
Thank you very much for your kind comments.
if you come Tokyo again, please come Andon Ryokan again.

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

I have to admit that from the pictures, I was worried about this little ryokan. But the reviews are excellent so I booked it. I’m so happy I did. It’s kind of tucked away in a neighborhood, walking distance to Minowa station. The man that check us in was outstanding. Absolutely kind and inviting. He sat us down and gave us some cool towels to clean ourselves a bit since we had been walking. Very refreshing. They have a little coffee and tea self serve area which is so nice. The rooms are just for sleeping. There aren’t any bathrooms or sinks in the room but they’re not far from the room. I was iffy about this but it’s really not bad. The rooms do seem small considering we’re from America and used to the space, but how much room do you really need? I found it to be really perfect. This hotel is not for everyone, though. If you’re wanting something fancy, I recommend you keep looking. But if you want a cozy stay in a great area for a good price, this is it.

Date of stay: May 2018
5  Thank 395staceyj

Dear Stacey J

I replied the comment, but it was not reflected. Sorry for late reply.

Thank you very much for your kind comments.
I`m glad that you could spend comfortably.

The guests who first came to the lighthouse trip may be surprised, but the room is the minimum necessary size.
But once you stay you may like this size.

The area around Minowa is a downtown and an old restaurant is also a good area.
It‘`s a very quiet place and easy to live in Tokyo.

If you have a chance, please come again!
Thank you.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here and the owner is as helpful as ever.
Perfectly situated a 5-10 minute walk from Minowa subway station and a 30 minute walk from Asasuka and all it has to offer you couldn't ask for more.
Rooms are small but so is everything in Tokyo.

Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank billyw784
andonryokan, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Andon Ryokan, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Dear Billy W

Thank you very much for your comments!
We very appreciate it and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Also, I appreciate that your stayed here 2 time.

We want to help our customers as much as possible.
There are various tourist spots in Tokyo and various cultures exist.
We are pleased if we can meet the needs of our customers.
If you have a chance to stay in Tokyo, I hope to come again Andon Ryokan.

Thank you for staying.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

Stay here! Andon Ryokan is so homely and welcoming and everything is carefully designed to be both functional and beautiful. It is well located close to metro and walking distance from Ueno, for example. A lovely calm part of town. The staff are so friendly. I only wish we'd stayed longer! Arigato gozaimasu!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
andonryokan, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Andon Ryokan, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2018

Dear Miriam S

Thank you very much for your kind comments!
We are impressed and appreciate it. Also very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!
We are located in the old Tokyo area where is not very center of Tokyo, but there is great atmosphere of local residential neighbourhood as you saw.

We always try to provide both attractions of traditional experience and comfortable stay to our guests.

If you have a chance to come to Japan again, please come again Andon Ryokan.
Arigatou Gozaimasu!