Via Inn Asakusa(Taito)(Great Value!)
$55
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $71/night.

$148
$155
$133
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$138
$145
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$92
$84
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

$175
Rakuten Travel
$145
Hotels.com
Agora Place Asakusa(Taito)(Great Value!)
$81
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshotel parksidenon smoking roomgood sized bathroomueno parkkeisei skylinerpleasant place to staytwin roomnarita airportsmell of cigarette smokeconvenient locationminute walkan updateper nighttokyo standardsbeds were comfortablebuffet breakfastclean hotel
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I chose this hotel because this was my first visit to Tokyo. Friends had recommended Ueno as a great neighbourhood with fantastic museums, and so it proved to be. I booked the hotel on their own website; the rates were very reasonable. The situation is perfect: a short walk from the Ueno Skyliner Keisei station which has a direct connection with Narita Airport (about 55 minutes); its situation on the edge of Ueno Park is almost idyllic with the lotus pond close by. The room showed a certain amount of wear and tear but it was surprisingly spacious and spotless. There are plenty of food options in the neighbourhood, including a fantastic small teahouse on the edge of the pond and brilliant department store with a brilliant basement food hall. I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2010

The location is ideal for this interesting part of Tokyo, the tiny rooms aren't a hardship, the staff, while not speaking great English, always did their best to help (at times using an English-Japanese dictionary!), the park with its lovely lake and paths, is a great way to start/end your days of touring, and there's a MacDonalds near by! Perfect! I will go back to Tokyo next year and happily check-in once more.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank NiHaoToronto
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Hotel was easy to find upon exiting Ueno Station.We only stayed one night on our way to Hakuba, but found plenty to see on our first night and morning.Rooms are pretty compact, but not as small as I had stayed in previosly. We booked a wide twin with park view. Nioce view of park, really clean rooms and comfortable beds.Internet in room, though I am not sure of the cost.This spot is central for trains into Tokyo as well as bullet trains elsewhere. I am heading back with my family in April and will be staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlwaysonHolidayz
Reviewed December 7, 2009

Service was great. Rooms are a good size with heating. Lovely view of Ueno Park and Shinobazu pond. We asked specifically for a park view. Lots of shopping - both department stores and markets. Ueno is on the shinkansen line for northern Honshuu, and only a couple of stops to Tokyo station on the Yamanote Line. Very convenient. There is also a direct train line from Narita Airport on the Keisei Skyliner. It takes about 1 hour and is cheaper than the Narita Express.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank LizzieBrisbane
Reviewed September 3, 2009

My spouse, myself, and my two college age kids stayed at this hotel in early June '09. This was the last place we stayed in our 2 weeks of sightseeing in Japan. We paid about $160/room for two double rooms as we could not find any 2 double bed rooms in Tokyo. This hotel is nothing fancy but very adequate. The rooms are sort of small like other rooms in Japan but very clean. They could not accomadate us with a non-smoking room but our smoking room was not bad at all. If you have your own laptop your internet is free with their LAN cable but you have to pay to use the internet if you do not have a laptop. We did not try any of the restaurants but ate breakfast at a great bakery in Ueno station and lunch and dinner around Tokyo.
The best two things about this hotel are the location and the view of the pond and city. Ueno train/subway station is only about a 5-minute walk. You can catch the loop line which loops around Tokyo, catch the Shinkansan, or take the Keisei Skyliner to the airport. I would recommend taking the Keisei to Narita even though you cannot use your JR pass. It is well worth the time and $15 cost. I would also recommend paying a few dollars extra for the park view. It is especially beautiful at night.
I would definately recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family