All reviewsjapanese stylegreat budget hotelsingle roomprivate bathfew floorstoilets showerscomfortable futonsmall tablerooms are smallthe ground floorheavy luggagemini fridgequiet areaasakusa templetvsoloyen
Reviewed May 27, 2017

I stayed in a private room with a high bed (15 nights), worked for me, but if climbing a ladder poses a problem, consider a different-style room. The room itself was comfortable enough, and also had a mini-fridge, which was a nice bonus. The setup of the toilets/showers, while not unusual for Tokyo hostels, is less than ideal, but certainly acceptable. Of the 8 floors with rooms, only 3 have showers, but I never had a problem finding an open one. The (coin-operated) laundry and well-equipped kitchen were also very convenient. Altogether, while it could use a bit of a face-lift, facilities are pretty comfortable.
Staff were all very friendly, kind, and helpful, and all spoke English.
Location is not very convenient if you plan to spend much time around Shibuya/Shinjuku/Odaiba etc., but close to Asakusa landmarks, a few convenient stores, and at least one supermarket. Several handy bus stops nearby as well.
*If traveling with heavy luggage, think twice unless you don't mind using taxis/hauling it for half a mile/on to the bus, because this is not the most accessible location.

Room Tip: showers are on the 2nd, 6th, and 10th floors (though the 10th floor doesn't have rooms)
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
juyoh, Assistant Manager at Juyoh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. We are grateful for your kind words about our rooms, facilities and staff. We would also like to thank you for your amiable advise and look forward to rejoining us again on your next visit.

Reviewed May 19, 2017

We had a good stay at Juyoh. The rooms are small but decent. There are shared toilets and sinks on each floor, and shared (but private) showers on a few floors. There's a nice little lounge on the ground floor if you want to relax or meet other guests. The neighborhood is good -- not a ton of food options late at night, but it was nice to see a quiet area of Tokyo. Recommended for budget travelers.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
juyoh, Assistant Manager at Juyoh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2017

Thanks for the good review and recommendation. We are very delighted that you have enjoyed your experience of staying here at the Juyoh Hotel.

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

This place is ideal if you want a place to crash after a long day exploring.

However the hotel itself is undergoing maintenance and so is covered in scaffolding meaning I walked past it a few times trying to find it. It also meant that at 8:45 there were 2 men right outside my window working. I still feel like I would go back but purely because of how cheap it was, not because of how comfortable my stay was.

I had a single room, which had a very comfortable futon. The room also had tv, aircon/heating, a small table and a (rather noisy) fridge. Showers are not on each floor so I had to walk up to the next floor where there were only 2 so would sometimes have to wait.

The location is great and close to a metro station and a short walk to the beautiful temple complex in Asakusa.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
Juyoh, Nancy / Assistant Manager at Juyoh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thank you for your time posting your feedback.We are sorry to hear that your recent stay partially did not meet your expectation. The Hotel during that time was rendering a renovation to give our hotel a much needed face lift to provide our valued clients a most comfortable and very best experience during their stay.

Once again, we thank you for the comments you posted about our hotel and looking forward to welcome in your next visit.

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

I love this hotel and will be back. It is cheap and you get a single room, not a dorm (difficult to find at this rate). Had a Western style room, bed was comfy, place was clean and quiet- I barely ever heard or saw a fellow travellers. Two ladies toilets per floor which was fine, a room with three sinks, and showers on various floors plus (and this is seriously awesome) a private bath on top floor, book it for 300 yen an hour. Walk is about ten minutes to the station, I had no problems with the area. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Too marks all around

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Juyoh, Nancy/ Assistant Manager at Juyoh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for the praises now conveyed to our Front Office Staff.We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to have you again as our guest at the Juyoh Hotel.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

+Convenient location
-10 to 15-minute walk to Minami-senju station which has JR East and Yamanote lines where known fast food chains are nearby.
- Bus stop in front of the hotel
- Quiet neighborhood
- Near grocery and convenience stores

+Friendly and helpful staff
- The receptionists were good in communicating in English
- The staff was very helpful when I tried to borrow a vacuum cleaner for my vacuum bag

+ Clean rooms and facilities and sufficient amenities
- I rented a single room with TV. It was sufficiently spacious for an Asian like me but not advisable for tall people. I also think the TV channels are all in Japanese. Still, it makes me comfortable to hear sounds coming from the TV while inside the room. The smell of tatami when you go back to the hotel is understandable. You can request for housekeeping before 11 am anyway.
- Shower, toilet rooms, wash rooms are common but clean. The hotel has hairdryer. Shower room is spacious and has a divider where you can change for dry clothes.
- Extra blankets are available
- Vendo machine for drinks available in the lobby
- Printing services

+ Very affordable rate
- I booked just a week before my arrival date. Good thing that a single room was still available and cheaper compared to others.

+ Quick responses and reservation in emails
- It seems like their website does not allow reservation so I just sent them an email. Fortunately, they replied quickly and accepted my reservation.

+ Strong Wi-fi signal

x Just like other Japanese hostels, the walls are thin so you might hear people carrying their trolleys in the corridors or doors closing. There were no loud guests during my stay.
x Not all floors have shower rooms. You need to go to floors with only 2 shower rooms. Fortunately, the shower room near my floor is not always occupied.
x Toilet rooms are small

Room Tip: get a room with same floor as common shower room but not beside it since the walls are thin. Not all floors have shower rooms
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Isabelle B

Mabuhay!
Thank you for the positive comments and a perfect rate you posted in our hotel Juyoh. I'm so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your entire stay in our property. Looking forward to see you again, the staff would be pleased to welcome you.

Salamat Po!