Juyoh Hotel
Asakusa Central Hotel(Taito)(Great Value!)
$51
$108
$80
$55
  • Restaurant
Via Inn Asakusa(Taito)(Great Value!)
$64
$39
Agoda.com
Hotel Mystays Ueno Inaricho(Taito)(Great Value!)
$37
Ueno Hotel(Taito)
$76
$49
Agoda.com
All reviewsminami senju stationjapanese styletrain stationgreat budget hotelsingle roomprivate bathfew floorstoilets showerscomfortable futonminute walksmall tablestrong wifibudget travellersrooms are smallwalking distancewalls are thinhibiya line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights and another 3 nights after coming back from Fuji in this hotel for twin sharing western type bedroom. This hotel has common shared bathroom with 2 units at 2nd, 6th and 10th floor respectively.Each floor has separate men and women washroom.It has lift to move around for this 10 storey building.

These are the plus points that I like about this hotel:
1.Reasonable pricing for the room that can be found in Tokyo.
2.Can be accessible from both JR and Metro lines(Minami Senju).
3.Free traditional clothing to wear in the room.
4.There are few convenient stores nearby where you can find food to buy easily.
5. Free luggage storage if you check out from this hotel and check in back after coming back from other places.
6. I was given free bottle of mineral water when I showed the print out to the staff that I am member of Juyoh hotel.
7.Quiet area but safe as well.
8.Free coffee and tea.
9.Free computer to use internet at ground floor.
10. Free wifi service in the room with strong signal.
11. Free small locker box for you to deposit your valuables on the ground floor.
12.Bathroom and washroom are clean

These are the negative points about this hotel:
1. 10 minutes walk from JR and Metro line station if you feel it is far when carrying heavy luggage.
2. The western type bedroom has spring mattress which I could feel the spring when slept on it.

The reception counter will only open at 7am. Hence, you can drop the key at the counter if you need to check out earlier than 7am. The main door will be closed after 12am but you can enter through another door with pin number given to you upon check in.

Overall, definitely it is worth staying in this hotel as it is affordable for budget traveller.

Room Tip: Choose a unit at 6th floor where it is convenient to go to the shared bathroom on same floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank MarcusAu
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I liked my stay at Juyoh hotel a lot! It felt very friendly, simple and plain. The atmosphere in the room was quite authentic, the little fridge served it's purpose with honour and the common showers managed to stay clean. Great value for the price. The only minus was the absence of the view from my window, however it seemed to be quite common in the Japanese houses. If I go back to Tokyo, will definitely consider staying in Juyoh again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank S K
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was the first place we stayed in during our trip in Japan and it really set the bar for accommodations. Some people have commented that it was far from the train station, but I really don't think that a 10 minute or less walk can be considered "far". The directions given by the hostel are great and we found it easily.
The building is older, but everything was in great shape and really clean - especially the showers and bathrooms. We went with the Japanese style room and the futons were the most comfortable than any other place we stayed. I loved them! A nice perk was the complimentary yukata to use during our stay. I was such a fan that I went out and purchased my own. The mini-fridge in the room was a big help to keep our breakfast stuff cold and the airconditioner worked well and was quick to cool the room.
We didn't interact much with the front desk but they seemed cheerful and helpful when we overheard them with other guests.
Juyoh was everything we needed it to be, convenient, clean and affordable. Would definitely stay again if we come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SarahEGM
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. Room is old but clean,small space but fine for one person. Shower and toilet is new and clean. Hotel's location is far from Minami-Senju station. It'll be more far distance when it's rain and carry large luggage. So if you're solo women,you may panic to walk alone at night. But I think Japan is quite safe.(Coz I come from Bangkok)
At train station has a super market,after 8 or 9 pm,it has discount food. Good for save money!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank bismo080
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We liked pretty much everything - really nice hostel. Clean, bright japanese rooms (western too, but we preferred the Japanese ones). Good kitchen and several places to sit and eat dinner and breakfast. Good clean showers and bathrooms. This place has everything you would really want for a place to stay and explore Tokyo. Convenient for trains and helpful staff. I would recommend Juyoh to my friends, and I would definitely choose this as my base in Tokyo if I visit again. Thanks a lot!

Preferred this to any other place we stayed in Tokyo (hotel mystays - okay, clean but just a normal hotel. Khaosan samurai - a bit grubby in the bedrooms, showers etc and less welcoming).

Room Tip: Go for the Japanese rooms. The western ones were nice enough, beds had too many springs, but why not stay somewhere Japanese in Japan.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends