“Strategic hotel for touring around asakusa and tokyo”
Review of Via Inn Asakusa

Via Inn Asakusa
Ranked #25 of 122 Hotels / Ryokan in Taito
Reading, United Kingdom
“Strategic hotel for touring around asakusa and tokyo”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Love the hotel definitely!

Stayed at the hotel for 4d3n. Took the twin room so it had ample space for me my hubby n daughter. Located near to Asakusa Temple. . Like 5mins walk. Near to train stations and near to Tokyo Skytree.

If you wish to come to asakusa/ nippori/ ueno.. stay here. It's really convenient.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Netherlands
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I enjoyed my 7 nights at the Blue Wave Inn. Neigbhourhood is absolutely great and very close to the subway station. (I loved Asakusa and Ueno best of all parts of Tokyo),
Rooms are a decent size, bed was comfortable, hot water pressure great.
Internet (lan, a connector is available in the room) is included and never failed me.
The hotel has a restaurant, I never used it, but the menu looked tasty.
Not a lot of channels on tv, but you can buy a tv card if you want.
My floor had a vending machine for soft drinks as well as beer.
I would stay again on a next trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Meyem
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have had more than 15- 12 day stays at Blue Wave Inn and found the staff extremly helpful and friendly..I usually arrive at about 9am book in time is 3 pm but they look after your baggage until
you return and book in..Room was always clean and comfortable..The Hotel is in an ideal location
less than 5 min. walk from Sensoji, Nakamise dori also hany to Ginza Line subway station..
Rates are very reasonable..I have never haqd any problems at all..Thank you Blue Wave Inn..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Singapore
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I like it that the hotel is in the Asakusa area, with the Sensoji temple and Nakamise shopping street nearby. The surrounding area is pretty safe. We saw a few girls walking on the streets alone at night. The shops close early though. However, area aside, I was pretty disappointed with the hotel since many were raving about this hotel. it makes me wonder if I've stayed in another hotel.

We stayed in the small double room and the room is extremely small. I had learned from the description (and reviews) prior to booking that the room is small, however this is not what we had expected. The furnitures are huge (working tables) and took up so much space that we couldn't open up 2 medium sized luggages fully. We stayed for 4 nights and moved to another hotel at Ueno which we were glad that we did. Distance from the hotel to train station is ok, but if you are lugging many luggages or are travelling with kids, walking to the hotel could be a chore.
We had booked non-smoking room but was given a smoking room at level 8. Thank goodness, there was no smell. Our room was rather dusty and I found myself coughing after mins of staying in the room. I left my mobile phone on the bed's headboard and within 5 minutes, specks of dust were making themselves comfortable on my handphone screen. We had to take wet tissues to wipe the bed's headboard and the walls above our bed to clean off the dust. The air-conditioner also took a long time to start up. The toiletries they provided are just adequate. However, there was no shower caps, and combs and cotton buds have to be obtained at the hotel lobby (and the cotton buds were always out first and we didn't find them being replenished). This is unlike the hotel that we stayed at Ueno which made us feel welcomed and at ease and which I shall provide my review for that hotel later. The toilet is really small but the taps (faucets) are very advanced. The temperature of the water comes out just nice and you can adjust the heat with ease. That was the only thing I was impressed with. They also provided fresh towels even when we did not ask to make up the room.
There was no coin laundry service (it would be good if there is one) and the hairdryer they provided have no temperature control. The staff spoke very basic English and appeared to be aloof.

If you are on a tight budget and have no qualms about small spaces, you can consider staying here for a day or 2, to visit the nearby sensoji temple and the shopping street, Nakamise. Sky Tree tower is also nearby. If you are claustrophobic, take the bigger rooms. Otherwise, we saw a few newer hotels nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank littlesheep_meh
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Asakusa is a great place for an introduction to Tokyo and to Japan. The Blue Wave Inn is listed as a business hotel but was
Occupied by as many tourists as business people a lot of them, Japanese.
The accommodation was spacious for Japanese hotels and was good by the standard of some European hotels.
Breakfast was predominantly Japanese in style but with a more than adequate European selection. The hotel offers dinner of a simple menu which is reasonable value for a hotel dining room.
Location is great for access to the Tokyo metro and many sights including the Tokyo Skytree.
Definitely VFM.

Room Tip: 3rd and 6th floors are non-smoking
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Booked via inside Japan tours, didn't look promising on websites etc. the surprises were refurbished rooms and access to an interesting atea of Tokyo. Temples were viewable from the bedroom on the 10th floor. Breakfast great but best to eat dinner elsewhere. Managed to secure an an earlycheck in by phoning from London beforehan. Essentlly a business hotel, clean, friendly and adequate

• Stayed August 2012
Seremban, Malaysia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Always wanted but lazy to write it.
Walk distance to the temple, convenience shops and rail station. The place is clean and comfort. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Left my worries behind as they assisted to send my luggage to next destination with Ta-Q-Bin. I'm staying in single room thus the only thing i would whine is the room size.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo