“Delicious, couldn't stop eating!”
Review of Tempura Fukuoka

Tempura Fukuoka
Ranked #913 of 4,211 Restaurants in Taito
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Ueno, Asakusa
Neighborhood: Ueno, Asakusa
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Delicious, couldn't stop eating!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had such a lovely evening at Tempura Fukuoka. They were really friendly and welcoming and cooked the best tempura I've ever had, really light and tasty. All the sides of rice, miso soup etc. were all beautifully presented and delicious.
I ended up ordering twice as much as I originally ordered... bit greedy but it was just too good!

• Visited December 2013

“A must go to for tempura lovers!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Had the most extraordinary dinner here last night!

I'm not a lover of fish so they basically made an entire menu for me! Shrimp and veggie tempura came bit by bit, prepared in front of you.

I also had tempura mozzarella in a mushroom broth was by far the best Japanese cooking I have ever eaten!

Was fantastic. Sat at a bar table and watched the cooking right before my eyes!

The chef and his wife speak English and most importantly they have cold draught beer on tap!

The chef was previously a tempura chef to Japanese VIP in New York.

I had about 6 courses of tempura, the broth and 3 beers came to 4000 yen.

• Visited September 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Wonderful service, food, and atmosphere.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

What a sweet find, in a tiny little spot near the Tokyo Ryokan, look for 'From New York' in English on their sign. Chef spent 30 years in NYC running a restaurant in a jazz club, and has brought his love of jazz and personally prepared local food back home to retire. Had an interesting conversation with he and his wife in their broken English and our very bad Japanese, while they fed us a leisurely tapas-style meal of light, melt in your mouth tempura-fried fish and veggies.

• Visited April 2013